Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    I just received my Unlocked GSM Treo 650. It is a SUPER machine. I love the screen, bluetooth and the new keyboard. The overall feel is much superior to that of the 600. However, here are some minor comments that i had on the 650. If anyone knows how to resolve them/ get around them, let me know:

1) There are NO SMS delivery report request as was mentioned in some chat threads. I looked everywhere.
    2) I used to list my Contacts in Treo 600 sorted by First Name, Last Name. This is not possible with 650. You can only sort by Last Name, First Name or Company Name, Last Name! WHY PALMONE????
    3) In SMS: in 600 a chat thread with somone keeps ALL your in/ out messages to him/ her. 650 does the same, but ALSO the outgoing SMS to that person are kept in the Sent Folder as seperate messages. WHY! If you delete any of these Sent messages, it will be deleted from teh chat threat that is in the IN box.
    4) CALENDER: in 600 you could customize the Calender button to switch to Monthly, Weekly, Yearly view everytime you press the Calender button. It seems you cannot do that with the 650. You cannot skip any view like you could with 600.

The major stuff is GREAT... only if i can get around the above.
    There is for MMS, but I have not found one for sms
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Yes. I saw the MMS delivery report request. I cant believe they didnt include one for SMS.
    1. It exists in CDMA Treos, but does not work (yet)--It's in prefs/Sounds & Alerts/Messaging/Tones
    2. Use Agendus or Datebk5 --I know, I know, it's a workaround...
    3. You can set this 'chat' mode in the prefs--Messaging/Preferences/Chat-Create chats-Always.
    4. Use Agendus or Datebk5 --Same comment as in 2.

Quote Originally Posted by whajj
    I just received my Unlocked GSM Treo 650. It is a SUPER machine. I love the screen, bluetooth and the new keyboard. The overall feel is much superior to that of the 600. However, here are some minor comments that i had on the 650. If anyone knows how to resolve them/ get around them, let me know:

1) There are NO SMS delivery report request as was mentioned in some chat threads. I looked everywhere.
    2) I used to list my Contacts in Treo 600 sorted by First Name, Last Name. This is not possible with 650. You can only sort by Last Name, First Name or Company Name, Last Name! WHY PALMONE????
    3) In SMS: in 600 a chat thread with somone keeps ALL your in/ out messages to him/ her. 650 does the same, but ALSO the outgoing SMS to that person are kept in the Sent Folder as seperate messages. WHY! If you delete any of these Sent messages, it will be deleted from teh chat threat that is in the IN box.
    4) CALENDER: in 600 you could customize the Calender button to switch to Monthly, Weekly, Yearly view everytime you press the Calender button. It seems you cannot do that with the 650. You cannot skip any view like you could with 600.

The major stuff is GREAT... only if i can get around the above.
    PIII,PIIIx,V,Vx,M505,M515,TT,T3,650,700p=>>iPhone
    There's more to life than technology....but not a whole lot more
  5. gdb
    Did you order it from P1? if so when? Those of us with pending orders want to know

Thanks
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    i got my unit from Hong Kong. It is all over the market there.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    # 3 below... i did put ALWAYS...

Quote Originally Posted by Ohmster
    1. It exists in CDMA Treos, but does not work (yet)--It's in prefs/Sounds & Alerts/Messaging/Tones
    2. Use Agendus or Datebk5 --I know, I know, it's a workaround...
    3. You can set this 'chat' mode in the prefs--Messaging/Preferences/Chat-Create chats-Always.
    4. Use Agendus or Datebk5 --Same comment as in 2.
    How does the phone perform as a PHONE compared to the GSM 600? I am especially interested in how i performs in low signal areas. Any comments are appreciated.
    Carl
    Quote Originally Posted by CarlGalgano
    How does the phone perform as a PHONE compared to the GSM 600? I am especially interested in how i performs in low signal areas. Any comments are appreciated.
    I have Cingular 650 in Los Angeles. Call quality is the #1 priority for me. My 650 performs flawlessly as a cell phone and much better than my Moto V551 I was using previously. Just received a call on it downtown, in office building and it was crystal clear. This was not happening before I got my 650. Everyone I talk too has stated "loud and clear", no problems here!
    Thanks, I have asked this question in several of the threads and have never received a response. Did you own a 600 as well? I find that my 600 is just OK in the RF department. My house is not the best for cell phones, but my wife's Nokia 3595 works great in my house, my MotoV180 works OK, and the Treo600 works not quite as good the Moto. Any other RF comparisons of the GSM 600 to the GSM 650?
    Carl
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    I had a treo 600 before the 650. So far (3 days) the signal quality and reception has been good. didnt notice anything that is negative at all on that department.
    Whajj, How much did you pay for the phone in HK? I am going there next week. Will pick one up.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    it cost me HK$ 5,450, which around US$ 700.