Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    So, did anyone ever find what these codes do? I just wanted a thread for these since they have been buried alive in the thread I posted them in...

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...9&postcount=72
    Are you sure they start with "#*" and not "##"?
    Well if I get my Treo next week, I will try them. How is the rom tool for the GSM versions? What you have done for the treo is great. I just need to get off me bum, and start learning how to write programs for the palm os. It looks like it could be fun.
    Hey, Shadowmite

I have two Cingular 650's and one thing really bugs me. The have 3/4 of the favorites front page taken up by thier own bogus favorites such as:
    bill Balance
    Xpressmail
    voice dial
    dir assistance
    check min
    web

They are all locked into place can't edit them.

It not so much I mind them in favorites, but not on the friggin front page.

re: the codes, I have tried a few and it does nothing that I can see. Willl try more.
    Dumb question, but you can't move them using 'Edit Favorites Pages'?

Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna
    Hey, Shadowmite

They are all locked into place can't edit them.

It not so much I mind them in favorites, but not on the friggin front page.

re: the codes, I have tried a few and it does nothing that I can see. Willl try more.
    PIII,PIIIx,V,Vx,M505,M515,TT,T3,650,700p=>>iPhone
    There's more to life than technology....but not a whole lot more
    Quote Originally Posted by Ohmster
    Dumb question, but you can't move them using 'Edit Favorites Pages'?
    Well this is my fifth PDA phone from Hand/One and they all have had favorties, so if it were possible, I hope I would know how.
  7. e40
    Yes, you can move them.. I did. I moved them to the last favorites page.
    You *can* delete the locked favorites buttons using a utility like Filez. I had the same problem and posted the question...using Filez you can edit the PhoneFavoritesDB (may not have the exact name, but close...) and simply delete the "locked" records...they are then freed. They will probably come back with a hard reset, but hopefully those are rare...
    Quote Originally Posted by Robbie
    Well if I get my Treo next week, I will try them. How is the rom tool for the GSM versions? What you have done for the treo is great. I just need to get off me bum, and start learning how to write programs for the palm os. It looks like it could be fun.
    I'm interested in writing programs also. What do people recommend for a compiler? Are there any good books on the subject?
    Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna
    Well this is my fifth PDA phone from Hand/One and they all have had favorties, so if it were possible, I hope I would know how.
    I also have a Cingular phone and was able to move all of these to the last page. Edit favorites page, then drag and drop to another page. Took me awhile to figure it out as well. They can only be moved after using drop down box to edit.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiffany
    Are you sure they start with "#*" and not "##"?
    Honestly I couldn't say what they start with as I have not tried them myself, that's how they are entered in the code though. All I know is that they do something. It could be *# ## #*... I don't know yet...
    It's #*, different from Sprint where it's ## and I think Verizon was some other weird combination. There was also a *# at some point too (T-Mo perhaps?)
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    I tried all of the codes on my cingular orange GSM Treo 650. only one caused any noticable change.. #*850# made no network available only SOS calls. I turned off the phone radio and turned it back on and everything was fine... I hope we get more information from the phone you will be recieving...
    I think this turns off the 850 radio signal.. and you can turn it back on by putting in the code again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayswj
    I think this turns off the 850 radio signal.. and you can turn it back on by putting in the code again.
    I found that it finds the network again after a minute or two on cingular blue (hey, that rhymes!)
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    anyone know the code to see when the last reset occured on the gsm 650?
    Press phone/send
    Press center and than select dial pad
    Enter #*377 than press phone/send
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    That works. thanks very much.
    #*377

then hit the "dial" key

Bill S
    Quote Originally Posted by e40
    Yes, you can move them.. I did. I moved them to the last favorites page.
    Ohmster and E40:

Ok, I feel really stupid now. You are 100% right.

Other subject:
    CanI use Filz to remove the locked voicemail speed dial.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast