1.    #1  
    I sent some files to my treo from my PC....where is the default location, I can not find them anywhere?
    By default, they are stored in the 650's internal memory.
  3.    #3  
    I would assume that, but how do I find them? A PDF, an MP3 and a JPG I sent are in the treo somewhere???
  4. ceb
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    pdf, mp3 and jpgs are not recognized palm files, so they won't show up even if they do suck up memory........

you can find them using a program like filez.....
    Cheers

Charles
    Quote Originally Posted by shoptangerine
    I would assume that, but how do I find them? A PDF, an MP3 and a JPG I sent are in the treo somewhere???

PalmOS by default does not support these native file types in Ram. Often they must be converted via a conduit to reside in ram. Thus you will not even find these fiels type via FileZ b/c they are NOT there and were never transferred to ram. That is the whole point of apps like Media Manager from Toysoft and Receiveit which are file extension managers for palmos and let the OS register which apps for certain file types. Thus, these files can only be transferred to the card in their native file types. For example, if you try to sync a mp3 of jpeg file via the install tool, it will automatically sync it to the card!!

As a solution, there are apps like Blue files that will allow you to automatically transfer files to the card via BT:

http://softick.com/bluefiles/

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions