1.    #1  
    My job suggests that I get a blackberry for email while I'm away. I'm not traveling that often, maybe a couple times a month, sometimes more.
    I'm torn between getting the 650 for the all-in-one solution or just getting a cheap Blackberry to carry with my phone when I travel.

I don't really know what I'm asking. Maybe the question is, is the 650 overkill for just everyday phone usage and some traveling?Do you sometimes find yourself wishing you only had to carry a cell phone and could leave the bigger device at home?

I actually just purchased the 650 yesterday from Cingular and I'm still up in the air about what to do with it. I guess I could sell it if it was too much. I'm very intersted in your thoughts and experiences.

Thanks.
    Keep it (assuming you got a good price on it). You have some options setting up your email, you only have to have one device and you don't sound like a power user (so you should have minimal problems with 3rd party software and memory issues.)

You are probably an ideal treo 650 owner (plus-it does so much more than a blackberry)!
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

does your company have bes? then get the blackberry. it works well for what it does.

if they dont have bes, then blackberry really doesn have anything above the treo, except cost.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe
    does your company have bes? then get the blackberry. it works well for what it does.

if they dont have bes, then blackberry really doesn have anything above the treo, except cost.
    My company does not have a b-berry server. But my question is not whether the 650 is better than a b-berry but whether it is overkill for someone like me who doesn't always use the email feature.

Thanks.
    if all you are going to use the device for is email, then yeah, the treo might be overkill.

but you can do so much more with it. i assume you have 2 weeks to try it out. try it out.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    the Treo is really also an excellent phone. it may be slightly bigger than other phones, but it is not a lot. after 6 months you will not want to go back to a "dumb" phone. I'm currently in a hospital for some minor surgery and having a Treo with me today enables me to catch up on email, read the news, browse TC for updates on the T650 and listen to music. You will see that now you may feel the Treo is overkill as few people you know use such a device, but 1 or 2 years from now most mobile phone users are using phones with the capabilities like the Treo - and many will be wondering why they waited so long. no, I don't think it is overkill to get a Treo just for a little email needs.
  7.    #7  
    Thanks all! I think I'll keep it!!