Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    When I take a pic and try to send it to any address i get "your message was not sent sucessfuly. The network connection was interrupted. Please correct this error and try again."

This has been going on all day. I have reset the device.
    I did get it today. hmm I though it was because I was sending to Verizon. hmm will test cing to cing now.
    cing to cing just failed so it must be down.
    Hey,

wow...I bet this is probably the dumbest question you've ever heard...but I can't send email, SMS, OR MMS from my Treo650...I don't know what settings to put in...

are they generic ones you can share /w me plez?

thx!
    I can send email on my Treo 650 via Snapper Mail and I can Chat through Messenging.

I cannot send pictures. I get the following error:

MMS: ERROR: Your message was not successfully sent. An internal error (0004001D) has occured. Please correct this error and try again.

I use Cingular and this message doesn't appear until the sending gets to almost 100%.

Thanks for any help.

Laurie
    Interesting, I'm getting the same error message as richard371 on my unlocked GSM Treo 650 but I'm on T-Mobile...I wonder if this is related to the Treo 650 itself...?
    More information.

I cannot initiate any MMS at all. I can only reply to someone who has initiated a chat to me first.

--Laurie
    Ok, now I'm told that my SIM may have to be upgraded because the SIM from Cing might not support all the new features of the TREO 650. (I had a 600 before and transferred my SIM from the 600 to the 650).

Also, I've somewhat tested this by going into Menu, SIM Srvs. You get the following error--neither of which tells you that your SIM may be old. --Laurie

"Unable to retrieve the SIM Services menu.

Either there are no SIM services provided by your mobile operator, or there was an error when talking to your SIM."

If you think you should have a SIM application on your card that does not show up, contact your mobile service provider to confirm that the application was installed on your SIM card, and that it is compatible with Treo.

It's also remotely possible that your SIM card is damaged. If you can make phone calls and do SMS messages, though, it probably isn't damaged. In most cases, you get the error because your wireless service provider does not place applications on your SIM card."

So I did call Cing--they told me to call Treo--Treo told me to call Cing.

AGH, I'll do that tomorrow......
    Quote Originally Posted by richard371
    When I take a pic and try to send it to any address i get "your message was not sent sucessfuly. The network connection was interrupted. Please correct this error and try again."

I also have a Cingular 650 and have been able to send photos without difficulty (California). I wonder about your service connection.
    Cing is sending me a new SIM--will update with results in a few days.

--Laurie
    Quote Originally Posted by richard371

I had major issues sending MMS while using Chatter Email. Are you using Chatter Email?
    Anyone know what the real maximum size of MMS messages is for Cingular?

Their website says "100k" but I have send pictures of 144k successfully.
    Quote Originally Posted by superjimbo801
    I had major issues sending MMS while using Chatter Email. Are you using Chatter Email?
    Hmm, I'm using Chatter Email (but I'm on T-Mobile)...I hope it's not the culprit.

Laurie, looking forward to hearing if a new SIM resolves your issue.
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unlocked GSM Treo 650 | T-Mobile
    Received: 2/10/2005
    I replied in the other thread about this also. I'm on T-Mobile, the network setting choices here are T-Mobile Internet (plan I have for full internet access), T-Mobile VPN (same as before but has a public IP address for VPN access), and T-Zones (normal WAP account for normal phones). With my network settings (in preferences) set to T-Mobile Internet web, email, and SMS work fine. But I can't send or receive any MMS. With the network setting set to T-Zones, I can send MMS, but I doesn't show up on the Treo. Don't know if this due to sending and receiving from the same phone, but the same message to my email came through.

So, it looks like maybe (for both Cingular and T-Mobile) you can't use MMS unless you set your network to the "dumb" phone data settings? If true that would really stink. Still haven't seen an MMS show on the Treo yet.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    I got my cingular phone today.All functions including MMS are working fine. I installed the software on 3 computers. Home,work,laptop.I will keep my fingers crossed! IM sure I will be up very late tonight playing with this thing.
    Specificaly, while running chatter, my little sending icon thinger would get to about 90% and crap out.

Problem went away when I deactivated chatter.
    I just got a Cingular Treo 650 yesterday and I am having htis same error when sending MMS messages. Right after the message with a photo in it is done sending, I get the following error:

MMS: ERROR: Your message was not successfully sent. An internal error (0004001D) has occured. Please correct this error and try again.

Anyone solved this one yet?
    I haven't seen anyone post a resolution for this MMS error...it's really frustrating that on some it works fine but on others it doesn't.
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unlocked GSM Treo 650 | T-Mobile
    Received: 2/10/2005
    Call Cingular, maybe they are doing upgrades in your area or something. I had this problem two days in a row about 2 weeks ago. But I can send MMS with Chatter running. No problem
  20.    #20  
    Yea it kinda comes and goes even on cingular and tmo.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast