Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    FYI, I resolved my problem with MMS on T-Mobile. It turns out that a data monitoring program I use called TrafficStat was causing MMS messages to not be sent or received (how I have no idea). I found an old message that someone was having this problem on a 600 and they solved it by removing TrafficStat. I turned it off and BANG! MMS started working fine.

So if you have anything installed that measures data traffic that might be something to try. Of course, now I have no way to see how much data is sent or received.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Ok, as promised. As you recall, I could only do "replies" to text messages and could not initiate them to anyone. Palm said that my SIM was probably too old to handle the new features of the 650 (since I moved my sim from my 600).

My new Cing SIM came today and it didn't make a bit of difference. However, after a bit of meltdown on my part (FIX IT--AAAGGHHH!!!) Cingular did delete my Wireless Service, which includes text messenging, and then reinstated it.

That actually did the trick.

Unbelieveable.
    I spoke with someone in the Cingular data group (1-866-490-2666) today that was very adamant that my $24.99 Media Net Unlimited doesn't include MMS messaging. Is this correct?

The rep at the Cingular store said I'd have unlimited MMS messages. I know they don't always know all the details, but I thought that was pretty basic.
    Quote Originally Posted by maskott
    I just got a Cingular Treo 650 yesterday and I am having htis same error when sending MMS messages. Right after the message with a photo in it is done sending, I get the following error:

MMS: ERROR: Your message was not successfully sent. An internal error (0004001D) has occured. Please correct this error and try again.

Anyone solved this one yet?
    Same Issue with Mine.....
    I'm in No. Calif. and received my phone on 2/16/2005

I can use SMS to send text messages but get the same error as most when attempting to us MMS to send Photo/Sound/Movie or just text.

MMS: ERROR: Your message was not successfully sent. An internal error (0004001D) has occured. Please correct this error and try again.

Cingular - Unlimited data plan. Not MEdiaNet ...
    Quote Originally Posted by maskott
    I spoke with someone in the Cingular data group (1-866-490-2666) today that was very adamant that my $24.99 Media Net Unlimited doesn't include MMS messaging. Is this correct?

The rep at the Cingular store said I'd have unlimited MMS messages. I know they don't always know all the details, but I thought that was pretty basic.
    That is correct. The $24.99 Media Net Unlimited is *DATA ONLY* and does not include any MMS or SMS unlike the Media Works packages.
    If you want SMS or MMS, you pay per use or you can add pacakges for those (each individually) on to your account.
    MMS is a comlete waste, it's very slow on cingular (takes 1 hour sometimes) and doesn't even work half the time.

Stick with the data (send stuff through email) and add an SMS package if you like to text message.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
    I had the same problem. Just called Cingular. They told me my phone was not registered to send/receive mms messaging (even though I was told this from the sales rep.) Anyway, the agent added this to my account. I removed and replaced the battery, and now it works....
    Quote Originally Posted by sfmanuel
    I'm in No. Calif. and received my phone on 2/16/2005

I can use SMS to send text messages but get the same error as most when attempting to us MMS to send Photo/Sound/Movie or just text.

Cingular - Unlimited data plan. Not MEdiaNet ...
    I met this prompting message too. but I found if the recipient's phone can't use GPRS or MMS, then this error will appear after sending 100%.

if the recipient's phone can accept the MMS, then my phone is OK!
    I was told it was my "firmware" and the phone needed to be replaced by P1 after having first spoken with Cingular !
    any final word on this? besides the constant HALRadioAcDc issue I get the mentioned MMS error message. is my account just not set up right or is it a setting on the phone? later.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmeskin
    I was told it was my "firmware" and the phone needed to be replaced by P1 after having first spoken with Cingular !

I Performed the FW 1.23 firmware update on My T650 Cingular locked. I no longer have any problems sending MMS or SMS ....
    Folks,

This is aggrivating, but here's what I found. The unlimited PDAConnect option does not include MMS (like I was told by two cingular reps and the store). This is pretty lame.

What you need to do is have MMS capability added to your phone, and then you will get charged $0.50 for each one (or at least that's what the last rep told me). She enabled it and it now works. I haven't gotten a bill and I can't verify the charges. Adding this option to your phone is free (since they charge you for each one).

Since I came from Sprint where everything was included on our business plan, I'm a little pissed of about this. $39 unlimited should include everything.

BTW, the $24.95 MEdiaWorks unlimited doesn't allow all VPN's to work either (like they did with Sprint).

The coverage is better in my area with Cingular, but there are a ton more dropped calls than with Sprint. Often after a dropped call, you get 4 bars. I think they are having some issues integrating the AT&T and CIngular networks.

I'm a little dissapointed with Cingular at this point. A lot of dropped calls and nickel and dime you mentality.

Glenn
    I get the same message when sending pictures on the Cingular. So sad that we pay premium dollars for a product and service, which actually SUCKS and SO UNSATISFACTORY.

Cingular tech says call Palm, I call Palm and they say call Cingular. This all can take about 1 to 2 hours while on hold. What a JOKE they have become.
    Make sure you're not running TrafficStat, *all* of my MMS problems went away when I stopped using it. Also, if you have a network besides the Cingular ones selected in your Network prefs, you might have to manually set the network inside the Messaging program, and manually select GPRS or what not. Otherwise it'll try sending it via whatever normal network you have set up which will fail.
    Last edited by khaytsus; 06/04/2005 at 08:03 AM. Reason: Think, then type...
    Hey folks, same song, different day.

I just got off the phone with Cingular after having bought my Treo 650 yesterday. (I'll tell the story on text messaging in a minute.)

Same error y'all got - 0004001d - called the 800 no. and was told I needed to have MMS added to my package. The new prices are 20 messages per month for $2.99 or 40 for $4.99. Any pix over that are charged $.25 apiece.

I mean, whatever. I really don't mind paying it because I will probably use this a lot. It's really cool to take a photo and then immediately send it.

Same gripes with cingular, tho. Luckily I found a tech guy who was really helpful. On the text messaging (I could receive but couldn't send) - They also changed out my SIM card and totally reset my wireless service. Worked! They told me if that hadn't helped that sometimes it works to assign a new phone no. I'd hate to go that far, luckily I didn't have to.

If you're in Middle Tennessee call David England w/Cingular. He's great.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12