Global Posts
    451 Global Posts
    As I mentioned in another thread, I talked to my friends over at T-Mobile and they said that the Treo 650 will be out between March and April, no later than April but there is no specific date. The price will be $499 with activation and I'm sure there's gonna be some sort of mail in rebate too. I spoke to another rep and regional manager and they said the same thing about T-Mobile's release. They only know what they've been told so it's not 100% but very likely.

So hopefully we get our unlocked before T-mobile gets theirs...
    Palm III -> Sony Clie 73V + Sony Ericsson 610 -> Sony Ericcson P900 -> Nokia 6600 + IPAQ 4150 -> Treo 650 -> BenQ P50 -> Motorola Q -> Treo 755p -> HTC Titan (Sprint Mogul)
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    I'll believe it when I see it
    i'll believe when i see it too, but am looking forward to it as my t-mobile contract runs 'til may. i'll have to see what T-Mo wants to do... I'd love to go unlocked, but can't justify $700 for myself on a phone..

keep posting any news about T-Mo. thx
    T-Mobile must have caved when word came out that they were passing on the 650 because of no wi-fi. I went with the unlocked (before the increase of course) for that reason. I highly doubt anytime before May because at CES time (January) they hadn't even STARTED to test it on their network.
    I've talked to a few TMo reps and a couple of managers, and no one was able to give me an ETA. A friend from PalmOne said that the likeliness of TMo carrying T650 within the next 2 months is not looking good.

Now to switch the topic a bit... those of you looking for an unlocked T650 GSM-- don't forget to check Craigslist.org. I just picked one up less than an hour ago (unbranded, unlocked for $500!) and so far, this is a whole lot better than my T600. And yes, the unlocked version works great on TMo. Will post again tomorrow, once I've played around with it more. Woohoo!
    "Once a new technology rolls over you, if you're not part of the steamroller, you're part of the road." - Stewart Brand
    i wish you guys would all talk to the same people and agree on something...
    treomeo
    the guy you got it from..does he have anymore..i'm very interested in getting one for that price. let me know
    souljah061@hotmail.com
    makrotonik, he's not sure if he's getting anymore. He works for AT&T (Corporate Office), and said something about how employees are given a discount on one unit. This guy already has CDMA accounts, and had no need for a GSM T650. The T650 I bought from him was intended for AT&T but unbranded (no logo) and unlocked. It's pure luck on my part. I've been obsessively checking craigslist.org about 6 times a day (SF Bay Area) since the GSM release and knew if I looked hard enough, I'd find one sooner or later. I just got mine a lot sooner and at a much better price. If I come across anymore, I'll be sure to pass along the info.
    "Once a new technology rolls over you, if you're not part of the steamroller, you're part of the road." - Stewart Brand
    thanks for the reply...i currently have a cingular 650...but i prefer t-mobiles service and would hate to switch.