Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Which program is the best for 650? Looked at the software compatibility list, but not much there. Thanks
    I use Northglide's Uninstall Manager v 2.70b. Works well.
    I use CleanUninstaller 1.40, seems to be pretty good. I tried a couple of other ones and they kept making my treo lock up and I hate to do soft resets.
    Looking for a cell phone or cell accessories, check out http://www.marcusblade.com.
    Do either work for the Treo 650
    Uninstall Manager works just fine for me on the 650.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    I am currently using CleanUninstaller 1.40 on my treo 650 and it works great.

I think it is shareware so you should be able to try it first.
    This is the link to their site:
    www.hiratte.com
    Looking for a cell phone or cell accessories, check out http://www.marcusblade.com.
    im using cleanup which works with uninstaller.
    question for the more experienced users on cleanup when ther is a blue dot next to a file and you do a search for application asscoiated with file and none come up can i aasume its safe to delete. and some searches come up with numerous application associated with in and im not sure what to do
    any help wouldl be much appricated
    Ya Beat me to the question <g:

I have been looking at:

Rogame's Destaller
    Northglide Cleanup / Uninstall manager Combo
    CleanUninstaller

No decision as yet
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    Ya Beat me to the question <g:

I have been looking at:

Rogame's Destaller
    Northglide Cleanup / Uninstall manager Combo
    CleanUninstaller

No decision as yet

Try #2, it's what I'm using, does the job... and no crashes whatsoever.
    The newest version of NorthGlide Uninstall Manager now allows you to save the sandbox to the SD card. This means that you can install an application in the sandbox, play with it sor a while, save the sandbox, play with it some more tomorrow, etc, before ever allowing it out of the sandbox onto the Treo... Cool feature.
    I concur with the comments on Uninstall Manager - just installed it last night and installed one app after that. It's been working w/o any issues on my Treo and the Sandbox feature is very cool.
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unlocked GSM Treo 650 | T-Mobile
    Received: 2/10/2005
    How effective are the uninstallers if after the install, you move the application from memory onto the SD card? Are they smart enough to know to remove the relevant files from the SD card location and possible residual files in memory?

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by liweilun
    How effective are the uninstallers if after the install, you move the application from memory onto the SD card? Are they smart enough to know to remove the relevant files from the SD card location and possible residual files in memory?

Thanks.
    In my experience with NorthGlide's Uninstall Manager, it is indeed smart enough to recognize files moved to the card (like your launcher that moves the files to the SD card, it identifies files located on the card with an asterisk when Uninstall Manager is opened). This has worked flawlessly for me.
    I like destaller and its free
    <center>Ultimate portal
    www.WebOnYourCell.com
    Note on Destaller: I've done an A-B comparison between it and Uninstall Manager, and UM beats it hands down (hence the fact that UM costs money while the other is free). Reason? Destaller will indeed remove an app and all related files containing the same creator ID, BUT, many apps create files on your Treo that have a different creator ID.

Thus, after you uninstall with Destaller and think that everything related to that app is gone, there are still many, many stray files left on your Treo. Uninstall Manager will remove these rogue files as well, even if the app gives them a different creator ID -- it truly is more of an "application behavior monitor" in this way, so it's very efficient at keeping down the number of "unattached" filed that are eating up your RAM.

Just something to keep in mind since paying a bit extra for true removal of all related files may be worth it to some people. I have not tried CleanUninstall yet, but this feature of Uninstall Manager is pretty huge.
    I got the NeatFreak Pack. Is it me, or is Unistall Manager easier to use than (the included app) CleanUp? (Or am I missing something?) For some reason, I'm afraid to use CleanUp in that I might erase some files I might need.
    ###
    Neetfreak 100%!
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    agreed on Neatfreak. bought and paid for, perfect apps!
    Global Posts
    413 Global Posts
    I use Neatfreak also, very nice unistaller.
    If you have ZLauncher, one of it's functions is "Move to Trash Bin" if you press and hold the icon of the app you want to remove. After selecting "move to trash bin", there are checkboxes to:

--delete application
    --delete related databases
    --delete application preferences
    --move to TrashBin (this is like the recycle bin in Windows in case you want the safeguard of having to "double-delete the app)
    --delete card items (if the app was moved to the SD card by ZLauncher)

Not as good as Uninstall Manager since it does not uninstall files created by the app that have a different creator ID and it does not have a Sandbox, but a neat little feature I just discovered that I will use instead of Destaller and the like (since the ZL function seems to do all of the same things they do), and I'll just manually delete any leftover files myself (sadly, I know what app every single file in RAM belongs to since I look at the file manager so much!)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast