Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    as a treo 600 user I was very excited to upgrade to the 650.We actually got four of these phones on our account and the call quality on the other end is garbled and cannot be heard on all four phones!!!. I don't want to mess with a patch and take a chance of frying my phone and I do not really understand whats involved. I call sprint support they tell me go to the Sprint Store for Service. There is nothing they can do to help you in the store. They tell you go to the palm site for help.The palm site either lets you post a complaint in thier user forum which never gets answered or points you back to sprint pcs customer service number and sprintpcs.com. This is clearly class action material.Please post your frustrations with this problem by replying to this thread.Hopefully it will get the attention of PALM to correct this problem AND OFFER AN OFFICIAL PATCH or the attention of some CLASS ACTION LAWYERS.
    My GSM 650 sounds great. No problems so far.
    OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Man, them's fightin' words!
    2 GSM 650's both great sound quality.
    Hey, if you don't like your Treo 650 why don't you return it or dump it. No one is forcing you to keep it.

I am still waiting for my GSM 650...

Good luck with your class action.
    CDMA 650 works great post Shadowmite ROM w/voice patch.
    Just got my GSM 650 a few days ago - mine sounds OK too.
    Got mine Monday. No sound heard from the other end. Works with headset.
    Mine sounds great after the patch, and even before it!
    Quote Originally Posted by srulie
    as a treo 600 user I was very excited to upgrade to the 650.We actually got four of these phones on our account and the call quality on the other end is garbled and cannot be heard on all four phones!!!. I don't want to mess with a patch and take a chance of frying my phone and I do not really understand whats involved. I call sprint support they tell me go to the Sprint Store for Service. There is nothing they can do to help you in the store. They tell you go to the palm site for help.The palm site either lets you post a complaint in thier user forum which never gets answered or points you back to sprint pcs customer service number and sprintpcs.com. This is clearly class action material.Please post your frustrations with this problem by replying to this thread.Hopefully it will get the attention of PALM to correct this problem AND OFFER AN OFFICIAL PATCH or the attention of some CLASS ACTION LAWYERS.
    I am with you 100%. But I would like to see that statement expanded to cover many other Sev 1 problems that exist in this device. Speaking from experience there are some major problems with the 650. In developing applications for this platform, I have seen the problems first hand and they are not pretty! Don't get me wrong, this is a nice device and I enjoy it very much. I just want it to work as advertised and as expected. P1 even made statements at the time of launch that they knew there were problems and have yet to act! They made these statements because they saw their stock price drop after early release people started reporting some significant memory issues. Now they have decided to just give people the cheapest SD memory card I have ever seen to dodge the issues. Also they are starting to point the fingers saying these problems are all Sprints fault and the because this was an OEM deal, Sprint owns the issues and the resolutions. Well that was not P1's position at the time of the launch of the 650! They were the ones making the announcements and patting themselves on the back. Personnaly I think they are finding that the problems are deeply rooted in the product design and they are having a hard time developing the solution. I would much rather had a non-replaceable battery than all of these problems!

Jeff
    I've had the same problems srulie described. Sounds great on my end, but choppy on their end. Seems like I got a bum unit, since other people seem to have no problems. Is there any chance that the Cingular towers around here are to blame (they're Suncom towers that are being switched to Cingular). The only hole in that hypothesis is that when I pop my SIM card in my old phone, people can hear me fine.
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    We should protest en masse in front of Palm One's headquarters in beautiful downtown Milpitas, CA!!!!
    My unit sounds great. I only have two issues.

1. Volume with Bluetooth after I do all the tricks with BTMute etc. If I press any buttons on the phone the volume drops and can't get it back to its loudness again.

2. Button failure. I had all of the buttons stop working on my 650 but sprint replaced it immediately. It was a hassel and I am afraid it will happen when I am traveling and I will be stuck without my 65o until I can get to a Sprint store.

Other than that I love the 650.
    If it doesn't work for you, vote with your feet. They would surely get the message if there is a real problem affecting a large number of units.

Class action suite for making a product you don't like?! Give me a break.
    Install the shadowmite patch, it's a piece of cake and makes the phone sound outstanding.. Now why they couldn't do this before they shipped the F'ing things is beyond me.
    Are you certain it isn't just Sprint service ?? One of the main reasons my company switched to a GSM provider, was due to the horrible inconsistency in call quality on the other end. My end of the conversation sounded great but we were always recieving complaints from the individuals we conversed with, that they could not hear us or the conversation was "choppy". And this was in full signal strength areas on both ends.

So much for Free and Clear ;-)
    Thanks,

np
    Joebar, are you sure that the shadowmite patch works with GSM Treo 650s, and not just the CDMA version?
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    I am with you 100%. But I would like to see that statement expanded to cover many other Sev 1 problems that exist in this device. Speaking from experience there are some major problems with the 650. In developing applications for this platform, I have seen the problems first hand and they are not pretty! Don't get me wrong, this is a nice device and I enjoy it very much. I just want it to work as advertised and as expected. P1 even made statements at the time of launch that they knew there were problems and have yet to act! They made these statements because they saw their stock price drop after early release people started reporting some significant memory issues. Now they have decided to just give people the cheapest SD memory card I have ever seen to dodge the issues. Also they are starting to point the fingers saying these problems are all Sprints fault and the because this was an OEM deal, Sprint owns the issues and the resolutions. Well that was not P1's position at the time of the launch of the 650! They were the ones making the announcements and patting themselves on the back. Personnaly I think they are finding that the problems are deeply rooted in the product design and they are having a hard time developing the solution. I would much rather had a non-replaceable battery than all of these problems!

Jeff
    Exactly! Being a dedicated, hardcore user since the first US Robotics Palm Pilot this is the first machine that's made me loose interest in the platform... Before the 650 every unit was an upgrade (or at least not going backwards) in terms of memory, speed and reliability.

With the 650 it's Russian Roulette as to whether a call will go through the first time you try to make it, how long the delay will be after you push a button, when will you get the low memory warning etc.

For those who say you don't have to use it, the reason I don't just jump ship is because I've got a lot invested in this platform. 8 years worth of data, hundreds of dollars in programs and accessories....The only solution I can see for right now is to go back to my Treo 600 which was at least stable...

I understand that PalmOne thought they were doing us a favor with the new features, but they'd didn't prepare us for the new file system etc...

When Apple went from OS 9-10 they let you know that apps were going to have to be rewritten, that there would be a challenging transition period, but it would be worth it.

Here's an idea: Maybe PalmOne should give us the option to go back to the old file system. OK, so we have to plug in the Treo if we change batteries... no big deal.....
    The call quality on my second patched 650 still sucks (so I am told by most people I call.)

I love the device but I often resort to making phone calls on my wifes sprint phone...which incidentally cost $600 less than this beast. UGH.
    Quote Originally Posted by gabe
    The call quality on my second patched 650 still sucks (so I am told by most people I call.)

I love the device but I often resort to making phone calls on my wifes sprint phone...which incidentally cost $600 less than this beast. UGH.
    Wow! You have to use your wife's "free" phone because your T650 sounds like crap, and you still love the T650? I've seen loyalty in my time.

Well, don't feel bad. I just had to pick on you. LOL

I also used a free phone when I had the T650 because people always asked me if I had a cold. Now I'm using a second phone along with my PPC6601 so I can hear my incoming calls. These lil flippers are superior in audio quality and connectivity to the expensive T650 and PPC6601. I can crank that speaker phone on the Sanyo PM8200 and it beats the crap out of both the 6601 and T650.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast