1.    #1  
    Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere, but I couldn't find it.

I'm upgrading from the 600 to the 650 and I can't figure out what new accessories I'll need to buy. Are 600 chargers and sync cables compatible with the 650? Anything else I'm forgetting? Thanks in advance.
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    you're gonna need it all (650 has different plugs).. even a new headset, as you'll probably want a bluetooth one.
    Paulshu -- You really should do another search. There are a number of good threads covering this. Some are for hardware, some softeware, and a few to help w/ the inital set up (the 'out of the box' directions leave a bit to be desired). You'll get alot more information w/ a few searches.

To get you started, try this thread:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=62952

This is a great thread to help w/ the programs you need and help you naviagte the memory problem.
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    Here is another good thread to help you out (I came across it as I was doing a search for some info for myself)

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=71371
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    Quote Originally Posted by paulshu
    Anything else I'm forgetting? Thanks in advance.
    Yeah, remember to WIPE YOUR PC CLEAN of any and all old PALM software and install what comes with your new Treo. Don't hotsync old apps or try to use the old Palm Desktop, regardless of what version you have. Starting from scratch and reinstalling your apps one by one is a recipe for a happier Treo 650 experience.

Also, consider buying and installing Uninstall Manager as your first app.
    ^got the name of a good app?

aww man according to palmone the pocket tunes version that was given out for free with the treo 600 will not work at all on the 650...sigh oh well
  7.    #7  
    Thanks everyone, but maybe I wasnt' being clear. I'm not asking about apps or screen protectors -- just want to know whether my Treo 600 car charger and data cables will work with the 650. Sorry for the confusion.
    Quote Originally Posted by paulshu
    Thanks everyone, but maybe I wasnt' being clear. I'm not asking about apps or screen protectors -- just want to know whether my Treo 600 car charger and data cables will work with the 650. Sorry for the confusion.
    nope nope

I reccomend you beam all your data and not try to transfer it in sync (as the others warned about too)