Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Just got my unlocked 650 from x1387 on ebay. I have purchased a bunch of phones from him in the past so he is the real deal. I paid $749 and for $50 bucks he overnighted it from Hong Kong. The phone is unlocked and unbranded. This phone is without a doubt the best smartphone on the market right now.

x1387 on Ebay

Beats waiting for dumb a*s palm to ship. For the extra money its worth not having to deal with their bizarre product launch procedures.
    I don't think that it's P1 holding back the shipment....it is more like Cingular calling the shot here in the U.S.
  3.    #4  
    Ya x1387 is the only phone person on ebay I trust. If you are looking for a phone chances are he has it first.
    Really? So how quick to complete? What day did you order and what day did you receive?

Quote Originally Posted by plessdude
    Just got my unlocked 650 from x1387 on ebay. I have purchased a bunch of phones from him in the past so he is the real deal. I paid $749 and for $50 bucks he overnighted it from Hong Kong. The phone is unlocked and unbranded. This phone is without a doubt the best smartphone on the market right now.

x1387 on Ebay

Beats waiting for dumb a*s palm to ship. For the extra money its worth not having to deal with their bizarre product launch procedures.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
  5.    #7  
    I ordered monday morning and got it this morning at 10:30am.
    Anyone else find it hilarious that even "independent dealers" are shipping out unlocked 650's faster then P1?
    1 | 2
    Um, no... and I find it even less funny that roadshow attendees who ordered unlocked GSM 650's are still waiting and have precisely no idea on a timeframe for delivery.

Todd/Indy
    Don't forget to check your local craigslist.org listings. I just lucked out tonight, and was able to pickup an unlocked, unbranded T650 for $500. I am stoked!
    "Once a new technology rolls over you, if you're not part of the steamroller, you're part of the road." - Stewart Brand
    Don't forget to check your local craigslist.org listings. I just lucked out tonight, and was able to pickup an unlocked, unbranded T650 for $500. I am stoked!
    "Once a new technology rolls over you, if you're not part of the steamroller, you're part of the road." - Stewart Brand
    how do i check if x1387 is selling more phones?

x1387 on Ebay

I looked for a Treo 650 transaction on his feedback list and didnt find one. Did you leave your feedback for the transaction?
    Problem with any overseas phone (or any gray market devices) is that it's questionable if PalmOne or any company would warranty it in the USA (just like if you buy a Nikon camera or lens from outside of the USA you are SOL for USA warranty).

From X1387's "fine print":

Limited Warranty Coverage :
    Product in this auction carried a seven days limited warranty by the seller. No additional manufacture warranty presented unless it is stated in the auction.

It's an expensive gamble.

x1387 on Ebay

13.    #15  
    Check this page for all of his phones. I have not left him feedback yet for this transaction. I agree that it is a gamble since there are warrenty issues when buying overseas. I guess I have just been pretty lucky that I have never had an issue. It is ironic that I had to have this shipped from Hong Kong to get it when Palm is a U.S. company and I would have had to wait another week or two to get mine. I understand that Cingular has something to say about this but come on, if people want to buy the phone without the subsidy discount then whats the difference especially when Palm jacked up the price.
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterEd
    Limited Warranty Coverage :
    Product in this auction carried a seven days limited warranty by the seller. No additional manufacture warranty presented unless it is stated in the auction.

It's an expensive gamble.
    Yeah, especially with all the potential issues a Treo can have!
    I would watch out for any Hong Kong deals on Ebay. There are a lot of defective or counterfeit phones that come out of Hong Kong or China. There were fakes of the initial Handspring Treo in Beijing last year. Recently Motorola busted a group shipping counterfeit Razr phones to the US.
    Having lived in HK & China for over 10 years I only buy products from authorized dealers. Gray market stuff is mostly defective or fake.
    Quote Originally Posted by bongmaster
    I would watch out for any Hong Kong deals on Ebay. There are a lot of defective or counterfeit phones that come out of Hong Kong or China. There were fakes of the initial Handspring Treo in Beijing last year. Recently Motorola busted a group shipping counterfeit Razr phones to the US.
    Having lived in HK & China for over 10 years I only buy products from authorized dealers. Gray market stuff is mostly defective or fake.
    how does one fake a Treo? Why bother even sending a fake? You can't counterfit the insides of a treo unless you had a pretty darned big operation.
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
    Quote Originally Posted by Otter Emperor
    how does one fake a Treo? Why bother even sending a fake? You can't counterfit the insides of a treo unless you had a pretty darned big operation.

Those crazy chinese are amazing.. I've seen it first hand. They probably have friends that work at the manufacturing facility and grab left over or rejected parts. When you can sell one bogus cell phone for your monthly salary, there is some real incentive to get creative. On trips overseas, I've seen stores dedicated to fake stuff (using the oem bench parts). Never underestimate..
    Quote Originally Posted by roonolium
    Those crazy chinese are amazing.. I've seen it first hand. They probably have friends that work at the manufacturing facility and grab left over or rejected parts. When you can sell one bogus cell phone for your monthly salary, there is some real incentive to get creative. On trips overseas, I've seen stores dedicated to fake stuff (using the oem bench parts). Never underestimate..
    So its not "really" a counterfit. Its a real model with real actual parts that someone illegally assembles, passes off as valid, and illegally sells. Anything is possible. I'd hate to have my life dedicated to doing stuff like that.

btw, its Chinese New Year. Year of the Rooster.
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast