Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by roonolium
    Those crazy chinese are amazing..
    lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Otter Emperor
    how does one fake a Treo? Why bother even sending a fake? You can't counterfit the insides of a treo unless you had a pretty darned big operation.
    A lot of the counterfit operations around the world are big and there's big money it. It's pretty easy to counterfit the guts. Copying is easy which is why copywrite law exists to protect companies intellectual property. You can counterfit a phone that is fully functional and works, just like you can a watch, but you're likely to use the cheapest possible parts etc hence the quality of the counterfit item usually isn't as good. (In this case how do make something LESS reliable than the Treo already is? Just kidding, I love the Treo and eagerly await my backordered unlocked GSM from P1 with full warrenty thank you very much!)

It's funny because a good counterfit Rollex is still more than I've ever paid for a watch so counterfit can still be pricey. And counterfit perfume - you simply can't tell the difference I've been told.
    Oh, so they have internet on computers now!
    --Treo 650 unlocked/unbranded with Rogers
    Quote Originally Posted by Otter Emperor
    how does one fake a Treo? Why bother even sending a fake? You can't counterfit the insides of a treo unless you had a pretty darned big operation.

The Chinese counterfeit rings can copy anything from prescription drugs to eggs. There are entire villages in China making counterfeits. They are very organised.

To read up on Fake Eggs follow this link
    http://www.danwei.org/archives/001171.html
    Last edited by bongmaster; 02/09/2005 at 06:58 PM.
    Hey Bongmaster what you been smoking? Just kidding.

Quote Originally Posted by bongmaster
    The Chinese counterfeit rings can copy anything from prescription drugs to eggs. There are entire villages in China making counterfeits. They are very organised.

To read up on Fake Eggs follow this link
    http://www.danwei.org/archives/001171.html
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12