Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    quoted from Shadowmite's site:

I pledge $20 to the fund.

$680 to go for a unlocked gsm phone for shadow to tinker with. Remember this is for the good of all. Once we reach the $700 mark we can all forward our money to shadows paypal account.

@ temfate@hotmail.com - if this is the wrong email please correct
    What the F*&@? Shame on you people!

Are you all such freaking loosers that you cannot let loose of a little cash for all the work Shadow has done for us in the Treo 650 world?

And don't give me any of this pledge bull-crap!

That is Shadowmites correct paypal address.

Now just go to paypal.com *RIGHT* now and send what you feel you can afford. No more of this pledge crap! I am sure once Shadow has enough to buy the phone and the other equipment he need's to accomplish the GSM hacks he will let us know.

I just sent him $25 for all he has done for me a Sprint CDMA user and I have no intentions of picking up a GSM 650.

Step up people! You know it is the right thing to do!

-Shawn
    If I remember correctly at least one person has already donated a Cingular 650 to Shadowmite to unlock... no need for a fund. But I would throw some money that way.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by moppet52
    If I remember correctly at least one person has already donated a Cingular 650 to Shadowmite to unlock... no need for a fund. But I would throw some money that way.
    No as usual someone came up with some Bull-Crap like "Well if you will unlock it for us we will send you one"

We *ALL* know that isn't how it works!

Fork it over boys (and girls)!

You *KNOW* it's the right thing to do!

-Shawn
  4.    #4  
    So 85 of you have read the thread. How many of you have actually sent money?

-Shawn
    Quote Originally Posted by sbrixey
    So 85 of you have read the thread. How many of you have actually sent money?

-Shawn
    Not me...I have a sprint 650 and donated aleady for his other work. More helpful might be a look at this request...

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ardson+gsm+650
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    Not me...I have a sprint 650 and donated aleady for his other work. More helpful might be a look at this request...

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ardson+gsm+650
    Thanks for the note Dutch! And thanks for donating for his original Sprint hack's.

But as we all know, this will happen much faster if he actually has his own phone, rather than one he is "borrowing" for a few days and has to actually return back in working order.

Plus, I just think it's the right thing to do. Who cares if once he has the unlock and other hacks done for the GSM that he sells it off for cash. I don't! I'm sure no one else does either.

He deserves to be paid for the amount of time he has (and probably will) put into this and other Treo projects in the future.

-Shawn
    Thanks so much guys for the kind words and ideas! I believe someone has sent me a gsm 650 that I will receive tomorrow and will have to attempt these hacks with the understanding of what could happen. I think I'm set in that department, I'll clarify tomorrow when I get it.

Any donations are welcome, but as always are completely voluntary and not required. I do this because I enjoy it.

Next thing though, I am gonna need a sim card that the locked phone won't work with. Anyone know the best route for me to get one? Can I get a pre-paid t-mobil sim I'm guessing?
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmite
    Thanks so much guys for the kind words and ideas! I believe someone has sent me a gsm 650 that I will receive tomorrow and will have to attempt these hacks with the understanding of what could happen. I think I'm set in that department, I'll clarify tomorrow when I get it.

Any donations are welcome, but as always are completely voluntary and not required. I do this because I enjoy it.

Next thing though, I am gonna need a sim card that the locked phone won't work with. Anyone know the best route for me to get one? Can I get a pre-paid t-mobil sim I'm guessing?
    Shadowmite you are a cool dude. Almost want to switch to GSM to be a part of the fun.
    Donated previously to Shadowmite for the Sprint hacks. Go Shadowmite, go! Good luck to all you GSM'ers
    hey shadowmite,

i'm low on funds at the moment, but i'm willing to donate a sim card for you to use. i work for an indirect cell phone sales dealer and i have a couple of used at&t, cingular, and t-mobile sims.

just tell me which one you might need, if you do.

thanks for all the hard work,
    john

Quote Originally Posted by shadowmite

Shadow please private message me or email me with your address ill get a few sim cards out to you from diffrent networks overnight. Needatreo650@aol.com
    it is just incredible to see the amount of cooperation for a common cause...
    Way to go Shadowmite!
    .MrByte

-----
    mytreo.net the ultimate Treo resource
    Treo Knowledge base (FAQ's)
    Shadowmite, you might also try a pre-paid SIM card from somewhere. Just for kicks.

If I spot one when I'm out and about, I'll see if I can't pick one up. Or maybe someone here has one with some balance on it.

Honestly, I don't know where one would go to pick one up around my area. But it would be good to know.
    Unlocked P1 T650 + 12" Powerbook + Scion xA = Happiness
    Well, I've messaged someone in regard to shipping me some sims to test with... I think I'm set in that department now also, I'll follow up when I get them.
    shadowmite, when you get a job with PalmOne designing the Treo 850, don't forget to remember us little people here at TreoCentral
    Did the Sheriff of Nottingham ever give a job offer to Robin Hood?
    Unlocked P1 T650 + 12" Powerbook + Scion xA = Happiness
    Is there any way to re-enable the "Select network…" menu on Cingular 650's? It seems that when you insert a Cingular SIM card, the phone disables this menu. I know some folks have had success re-enabling it on Motorola phones. I tried Shadowmite's Cingular dialer patch with no luck. Anybody want to give it a shot on the 650?
    I would be willing to chip in if we could get all the Cingular favorites off of my Friggin Treo or at least moved to the back page of favorites.

I don't think getting the 650 unlocked from Cingular is going to be that difficult.
    folks, as far as the select networks screen and the favorits, those should both be doable hacks... I just need to get the GSM 650 first... Give me some time!
    Ah yes!!...excitement stirs once more....techie drama at its best... I love this site.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast