1.    #1  
    I think I figured it out, at least on my phone. When you try to edit the voice mail favorite button, it wont let you change the number. Try this: turn the phone off, then back on and then try to change it.

From the phone app, use your dpad to move the cursor to the voice mail favorite button.

Choose Edit Favorites Button from the menu.

Let me know if it now lets you change it.

Be careful with this. The number you are supposed to dial is not your wireless number (like in AT&T). In Cingular, there is a VM access number for your area. You can call Cingular to get that number.
    this didn't work for me. I have a Sprint 650... the voicemail number is wrong, I don't know why. I had a temporary phone number on it for the first week or so, and then changed it over to my previous (long-standing) cell number. The voicemail number on the phone changed to the same area code, but the phone number is a different one. For Sprint it should be the same as my cell phone number. I am probably going to call Sprint later about it. Not a big problem at the moment, I just have to dial my cell phone number to access voicemail.
    This worked for me. Turn the phone off then back on; highlight Voicemail; click menu; and then it let's you change the number. . . . Go figure!
    It doesn't matter. Your phone will periodically reset the voicemail number to whateer it gets from the sim.

I was having the same problem i.e. the voiocemail number being corrupted. Here's what i did. Create a favorites button and name it Voicemail. Put the correct number in and asign it a speed dial key, i picked "V". Move the stock voicemail button to the bottom of the page or to another page and put your newly created correct working voicemail button in it's place. You are all set.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobindia
    This worked for me. Turn the phone off then back on; highlight Voicemail; click menu; and then it let's you change the number. . . . Go figure!
    This worked for me, too.
  6.    #6  
    For those of you that it worked, are you Cingular GSM, Sprint or other? I am on Cingular.
    On Sprint, you can probably edit the voicemail number manually, with a little tinkering.

Go into your backup directory and find the file named PhoneFavorites2DB.PDB. Make a copy of it for backup purposes.

Now open the original using notepad or another plain text editor. Much of the content is garbage, but look closely and you'll see paird letter - name combinations, with a lower case letter indicating your speed dial key, followed by the name you've assigned the favorite, followed by a space and a phone number.

Find the entry for eVoicemail. Overtype the phone number that's in the file with your correct, or desired number. Save the file.

Now, using a file manager like FileZ, find the original Phone Favorites2 file on your Palm. Rename it, delete it, or move it to your card. (I suggest renaming it or moving it to the card as an extra backup. Then hotsync the one you editing on your PC to your Treo. AFter you've completed the hotsync, use FileZ to double check the attributes of the file and make sure backup is still checked.

I haven't actually tried this yet, as my voicemail number is fine, but there's no reason it shouldn't work. And you've kept two backups just in case something goes wrong, right?

Don't know if this will work on a GSM phone, since it sounds like the voicemail number is stored on the SIM.

HTH,
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZBoater
    For those of you that it worked, are you Cingular GSM, Sprint or other? I am on Cingular.
    I'm on Cingular GSM. The voicemail number hasn't changed since I fixed it yesterday.
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb
    On Sprint, you can probably edit the voicemail number manually, with a little tinkering.

Go into your backup directory and find the file named PhoneFavorites2DB.PDB. Make a copy of it for backup purposes.

Now open the original using notepad or another plain text editor. Much of the content is garbage, but look closely and you'll see paird letter - name combinations, with a lower case letter indicating your speed dial key, followed by the name you've assigned the favorite, followed by a space and a phone number.

Find the entry for eVoicemail. Overtype the phone number that's in the file with your correct, or desired number. Save the file.

Now, using a file manager like FileZ, find the original Phone Favorites2 file on your Palm. Rename it, delete it, or move it to your card. (I suggest renaming it or moving it to the card as an extra backup. Then hotsync the one you editing on your PC to your Treo. AFter you've completed the hotsync, use FileZ to double check the attributes of the file and make sure backup is still checked.

I haven't actually tried this yet, as my voicemail number is fine, but there's no reason it shouldn't work. And you've kept two backups just in case something goes wrong, right?

Don't know if this will work on a GSM phone, since it sounds like the voicemail number is stored on the SIM.

HTH,

Well, it doesnot work. I edited it with Notepad, even HEX editor and resulting nothing ( any ideas?