Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jccomo
    Thanks X. Strange that the patch isn't also on the Sprint site, let alone that the Sprint customer service folks didn't know what I was talking about....I am a lttile apprehensive about downloading the patch since I've had not problems yet...about to go out of town so I'll see if roaming is a problem...

YMMV????

JC
    JC-

So far the patch hasn't make any difference that I can see. I didn't really have a problem with roaming to begin with so it may be more of an issue in areas where there are other networks that don't exist here. Dunno.

Sprints CS is a hit or miss kinda thing. If you don't like the answer, call back and talk to another rep. Eventually you will get someone thats been there for more than a week and actually knows a thing or two.

YMMV = Your Mileage May Vary...

-X
    Xathros

SprintPCS 650 since Nov 2004
    And that's why I love my t600
    Quote Originally Posted by manilenio
    And that's why I love my t600
    ??

To what does that refer ?

I loved my 600 as well - now my wife does. Still, I like the 650 much better so far. Granted, it has some (ok, many) issues but none that are show stoppers for me - yet...

-X
    Xathros

I assume you mean within the World Clock

Local time was enabled I just turned it off
    Quote Originally Posted by Cycle11111
    I assume you mean within the World Clock

Local time was enabled I just turned it off
    Ummm - No. Network time - not local time. Within the Date&Time prefrences screen. It's the option to have the Treo set the time from the network when the phone is powered up and a connection to the data network is established. Read back toward the begining of this thread for more info on this.

-X
    Xathros

World Clock accesses the "Date & Time" preference.

The check box is called "Enable Local Network Time."
    Bill Petro
    www.billpetro.com
  7.    #167  
    Here is ascreen shot of the Date&Time preferences screen.

http://gotreosoftware.com/images/ena...etworktime.jpg

Jeff
  8.    #168  
    Moderator - Please make this threat sticky
  9.    #169  
    Bump - One last try. Can we make this one sticky?
    I just read this thread and disabled my "Enable Network Time" setting. Thanks for finding this!! (yet another reason why I love TreoCentral and it's regular participants)
  11.    #171  
    Moderator - Thanks for the sticky!
    Yep -- This one needed to be stuck - thanks
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    How does one change the setting to manual time?
    I just saw how to disable 'enable local time' in preferences.
    It is too soon to tell for sure, but after removing the local date setting I have new life in my Cingular Treo650, it has been fifteen minutes and it hasn't locked up, and the phone is on!!! This is a huge improvement. I have new optimism, maybe this thing will work after all. Thank you Jeff!
    i find that if i have my bT turned off if i am not using it. my unlocked gsm is a lot more stable.... anyone else?
    sanny
    los angeles, ca
    tmo with unbranded unlocked treo 650
    coolest thing: bluetooth syncing and internet browsing!
    I turned off my network time, but then after turning my treo's radio off and then back on a few hours later (plane ride) I was unable to connect to vision until I renenable the network time option. Then all of a sudden, for no apparent reason, my treo crashed and when it reset it had lost all saved preferences/reg info on the device.
    One quick question: I have a Treo 650 with Sprint and I do have the "enable local network time" checked. I do not have any patches or fixes installed. Have had my Treo less than a week. I did download your Display Time Change program running and I just restarted my phone and now it says "# of changes - 2". What does this mean? Should I turn off the Local Time preference??? (First change is dated 1/5/80 - - weird)
    Quote Originally Posted by Llynx
    One quick question: I have a Treo 650 with Sprint and I do have the "enable local network time" checked. I do not have any patches or fixes installed. Have had my Treo less than a week. I did download your Display Time Change program running and I just restarted my phone and now it says "# of changes - 2". What does this mean? Should I turn off the Local Time preference??? (First change is dated 1/5/80 - - weird)
    yes you should
    Yes, hurry! Before something really bad happens!!!!!!!!!!!
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast