Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast
    Jeff:

I was aware of the birthday issue, but haven't heard about a problem displaying calendar events in the phone app. What's that all about?

Thanks,
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    Just to clarify on the roms...
    Those aren't Jeff's creation. The audio fix patch is actually created by palmone. It was leaked by user "faisal" here...

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...=sound+quality

shadowmite was able to take the leaked rom and alter the programs in rom and create a tool so dumb people like me can create their own rom with the programs they want in it.

My bad, I thought I edited that part out of my post. Of course, Shadowmite did the roms, Jeff's the "Care" guy.

3.    #143  
    Quote Originally Posted by b4pro
    My bad, I thought I edited that part out of my post. Of course, Shadowmite did the roms, Jeff's the "Care" guy.

Wow I am branded now. That must be because I "care" right????

In fact I do care about my fellow treo users.

Thanks for the recognition!

Jeff
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    Thanks Jeff. Amazingly, Sprint customer service couldn't direct me to the location on their site!

Do you think adding the roaming patch will cause some of the soft reset issues others have been having..so far I have no reset problems?

JC
  5.    #145  
    Quote Originally Posted by jccomo
    Thanks Jeff. Amazingly, Sprint customer service couldn't direct me to the location on their site!

Do you think adding the roaming patch will cause some of the soft reset issues others have been having..so far I have no reset problems?

JC
    Now there is a real testimate of Sprint's ability to provide technical support. Now can you imagine what it would be like calling and trying to explain some of the complex problems we have in the 650? "Sprint Rep, I need a fix for my phone setting the time 2 times when ever the phone application is powered up or the phone application is in a low signal area and searches for a signal. ....."

As for instability - your call is as good as mine. I can tell you that I loaded the roaming patch and have seen no change in stability.

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by jccomo

JC
    JC-

If your looking for the roaming patch, it's not on Sprint's site as most would expect. It's on PalmOne's support pages. Have a look there.

I installed the patch 2 days ago and have not noticed any difference in stability or function yet so from my perspective, it's not breaking anything. Of course, YMMV.

-X
    Xathros

SprintPCS 650 since Nov 2004
    After 4 days of having my network time disabled I can say with 100% certainty that my Versamail now auto fetches every 15 minutes around the clock.

No resets necessary!

JEFF FOR PRESIDENT! Who's with me?
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigG65
    After 4 days of having my network time disabled I can say with 100% certainty that my Versamail now auto fetches every 15 minutes around the clock.
    I hadn't thought of that, but you're right: VersaMail is no longer flaky about when it autochecks email!

Crashes are far less frequent for me; I've only had one in the last week, instead of about once a day before disabling ND&T.
    PEG N760C>Treo 600>iPaq4350>Zaurus SL-5600>Zaurus SL-6000L>Treo 650
    NO SHADOWMITE ROM (although I desperately want it - have just been chicken to install it), NO ROAMING UPDATE PATCH.

I too was having many problems with frequent soft resets, and also Documents to Go was completely freezing my Treo up, requiring hard resets and re-installations to get out of. Interestingly, this often happened as I moved through my work building (going in and out of Sprint PCS signal). Once after this happened, I noticed my calendar date was way off (by years, can't remember exactly to what year).

At this point I decided to uncheck "enable network time" (not knowing at that time the great ramifications, which have been manifest in this thread), and since have not had a single problem. What I thought was a bug in Documents to Go, was actually this stupid time/date problem inherent in the 650. Thanks Jeff for figuring this out.

No resets necessary!
    Same here. But- Battery drain has gone through the roof with autosync set at 15 min intervals on 5 email accounts. I turned off autosync and now my battery usage is reasonable again. I might try again with longer intervals (1hr) and see if that is more humane on my battery. I think the short intervals coupled with a large number of accounts and low signal strength keeps the radio active most of the time. I also noticed that the back of the 650 was rather warm while I had the autosync enabled.

-X
    Xathros

SprintPCS 650 since Nov 2004

Jeff For President!

Jeff,

Thank VERY much for this GREAT find! Although the sequence of what this option really does is still a bit mysterious, it is clearly HAS been the cause of many problems.
    I think Jeff needs his subtitle upgraded from "Member" -- like Shadowmite's says "treo hacker extroadinaire", Jeff needs something better as well
  14.    #154  

Jeff For President!

My fellow Treo citizens, as your candidate for President, I will run on a platform based on increasing the quality of the Treo 650! I will go after the corrupt and complacent evil corporations that deliver poor quality palm products like PalmOne and Sprint.

I will also follow in the footsteps of my fellow independent developers and strive to deliver high qulity applications that deliver value and fun to the Treo community. In doing so I hope to set a standard that others can in turn use as a model so they too can have the priviledge of your nomination for this high and prestigious office.

Jeff
    "We're here, we're *****, give us our docking cradle" ?

nah that wont work
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    My fellow Treo citizens, as your candidate for President, I will run on a platform based on increasing the quality of the Treo 650! I will go after the corrupt and complacent evil corporations that deliver poor quality palm products like PalmOne and Sprint.

I will also follow in the footsteps of my fellow independent developers and strive to deliver high qulity applications that deliver value and fun to the Treo community. In doing so I hope to set a standard that others can in turn use as a model so they too can have the priviledge of your nomination for this high and prestigious office.

Jeff

clap clap..where's the free drinks?
  17.    #157  
    Quote Originally Posted by mratatood
    clap clap..where's the free drinks?
    Oh I see! First I need to open a campaign fund so I can host more fund raising parties so I can give free drinks. It's going to take some big $'s to lobby with the P1 giant. Perhaps I need a campaign manager. Who want to step up and help me get elected?

Wow this has gotten OT quickly!

See ya,

Jeff
    I've not installed the shadowmite patches, but I HAVE installed the roaming patch... and have noticed significant instability recently. While I can't say there is a cause-effect relationship, is there a way to UNINSTALL the roaming patch?

Thanks,
    Bill Petro
    www.billpetro.com
    I just noticed that a quirk in BackupMan has disappeared after disabling the network time. Although I had set BackupMan to back up every Wednesday, I would get the successful backup message every day but the backup was only made on Wednesdays. That message now no longer appears.
    Thanks again, Jeff for finding this.
    Zane
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    Thanks X. Strange that the patch isn't also on the Sprint site, let alone that the Sprint customer service folks didn't know what I was talking about....I am a lttile apprehensive about downloading the patch since I've had not problems yet...about to go out of town so I'll see if roaming is a problem...

YMMV????

JC
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast