Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 286
  1. #61  
    Don't know about you, but stuff like this might be why Sprint reprovisioned me so often. I think it was four times in the past week.

    Tom
  2. #62  
    Jeff,

    In answer to the questions:

    1) Yes - since 1998
    2) Yes
    3) No
    4) Yes - installed it last week.

    I also use DataViz's Docs2Go; BeyondContacts; SmartList and PasswordsPlus. I have BackupBuddy, ZLauncher, DayNotez, mRing and a few other applications. I use a Scala 500 Bluetooth headset. I have owned my Treo 650 for about 4 weeks now and am very happy with it. I sync between a home system and a work system.

    Not sure what else I can add. I have turned the radio off completely, as evidenced by the sign-off screen and the lack of a blinking green light, and then back on only a couple of times since getting the 650. Upfront I had some softresets which I tracked down to incompatible software. Removed the problem applications and no more resets. I have about 12MB free on the main unit.

    I read in this thread a comment about a OS memory leak. If there is a memory leak, it most likely is coming from a 3rd party application (and I count VersaMail as a 3rd party app) which is not behaving itself. As I do not use any data services with my Treo (I do not connect to the Internet and I do not receive e-mails on it) it could be related to its TCP/IP implementation. I did let my Tungsten C connect to the Internet at times through WiFi and even received e-mails using VersaMail on it. I had 2 resets during nearly 2 years of operation and both of those were not related to TCP/IP operations.

    What I feel would be required to track this down is thorough testing to determine if this is a base unit issue or some common 3rd party application issue.

    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    This is interesting. A couple of questions.

    Do you have Sprint Service?
    Do you have "Enable Local Network Time" option enabled in date&time preferences?
    Do you have the Shadowmite ROM loaded for voice quality?
    Do you have the newest Sprint Roaming Patch loaded?

    Jeff
  3.    #63  
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyKInTexas
    Jeff,

    In answer to the questions:

    1) Yes - since 1998
    2) Yes
    3) No
    4) Yes - installed it last week.

    I also use DataViz's Docs2Go; BeyondContacts; SmartList and PasswordsPlus. I have BackupBuddy, ZLauncher, DayNotez, mRing and a few other applications. I use a Scala 500 Bluetooth headset. I have owned my Treo 650 for about 4 weeks now and am very happy with it. I sync between a home system and a work system.

    Not sure what else I can add. I have turned the radio off completely, as evidenced by the sign-off screen and the lack of a blinking green light, and then back on only a couple of times since getting the 650. Upfront I had some softresets which I tracked down to incompatible software. Removed the problem applications and no more resets. I have about 12MB free on the main unit.

    I read in this thread a comment about a OS memory leak. If there is a memory leak, it most likely is coming from a 3rd party application (and I count VersaMail as a 3rd party app) which is not behaving itself. As I do not use any data services with my Treo (I do not connect to the Internet and I do not receive e-mails on it) it could be related to its TCP/IP implementation. I did let my Tungsten C connect to the Internet at times through WiFi and even received e-mails using VersaMail on it. I had 2 resets during nearly 2 years of operation and both of those were not related to TCP/IP operations.

    What I feel would be required to track this down is thorough testing to determine if this is a base unit issue or some common 3rd party application issue.
    The memory leak issue is really off topic to the original post. We could go on for many pages with *other* 650 problems.

    What I was trying to investigate is if either the sound qulity ROM update or the Roaming Update was responsible for the time problem. Would you mind downloading the small program I included a few posts ago? Enable it and then power cycle your phone's radio. I would be very interested in the what my little utility reports after cycling your phone's radio.

    Thanks much,

    Jeff
  4. #64  
    Jeff

    Mine resets to 1/5/80 and I have a shadowmite rom
  5.    #65  
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    Jeff

    Mine resets to 1/5/80 and I have a shadowmite rom
    I just had a user on another board report that his Sprint 650 does not do the double time change. He does not have the sound quality ROM. Only one data point. I am hoping that more people that do not have the ROM can supply additional data points.

    Jeff
  6. Nesta's Avatar
    Posts
    134 Posts
    Global Posts
    139 Global Posts
    #66  
    Sprint PCS 650
    No shadowmite rom
    Installed the roaming patch the day after it was released.
    Local network time is enabled

    but i don't experience all the weird behavior that seems o plague some. I have gottena few soft resets and they were all related to versamail.
  7. #67  
    I have 2 changes and I have the SPCS roaming patch, and the detailed call log. I do not have a customized shadowmite rom (I only installed the extended call log).

    I will try this later on my other Treo 650, as it does not have the SPCS romaing patch, nor the extended call log.
  8. #68  
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    This is interesting. A couple of questions.

    Do you have Sprint Service?
    Do you have "Enable Local Network Time" option enabled in date&time preferences?
    Do you have the Shadowmite ROM loaded for voice quality?
    Do you have the newest Sprint Roaming Patch loaded?

    Jeff
    Yes
    Yes
    Yes
    Yes

    (first) Jan 5 80
    (second) current...
  9. #69  
    With ND&T enabled, mine "double-set" time at radio OFF and radio ON.

    Radio OFF: "Initial Time" of 01Jan04 00:00 gets set again to correct time.

    Radio ON: "Initial Time" is correct, gets first set to 05Jan80 18:59, then set again to correct time.

    I have ShadowROM#3 (voice and DUN patched) and have installed the roaming patch, too.

    Disabling ND&T solved the problem.

    I have had a few crashes (as Jeff reported above) that wiped out saved prefs and registration keys...
    PEG N760C>Treo 600>iPaq4350>Zaurus SL-5600>Zaurus SL-6000L>Treo 650
  10.    #70  
    Update! You must run the application "DisplayTimeChange" from RAM. It will not run properly if you run it from the SD card. Don't know why right now but I have a feeling that you can not run applications from the SD card that register themselves for operating system notifications.

    So those of you that are getting '0' time changes being reported, check to see where you have the program installed.

    Jeff
  11. #71  
    I do not have shadowmite rom installed, and I have this problem. Ran the program, powered the phone off and on, and had 2 changes in time while the Local Network Time was enabled. Inital = 2/10/05 @ 12:21 1st Change = 1/5/80 @ 18:59
    2nd Change back to 2/10/05 @ 12:21

    I can't remember if I installed the Sprint roaming patch or not, is there a way to tell?

    Thanks a lot Jeff for your work on this.

    Yes to Sprint
    Yes to enabled Local Network Time
    No to Shadowmite patch
    No / I can't remember if I installed the Sprint Roaming Patch
  12. #72  
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    This is interesting. A couple of questions.

    Do you have Sprint Service?
    Do you have "Enable Local Network Time" option enabled in date&time preferences?
    Do you have the Shadowmite ROM loaded for voice quality?
    Do you have the newest Sprint Roaming Patch loaded?

    Jeff
    Jeff, per your request;

    1. Yes, Sprint
    2. Yes, enable local network time
    3. No, Shadowmite Roms
    4. No, Roaming Patch

    # of Changes: 2
    Initial time: 2/10/05 12:23
    First Change: 1/5/80 18:59
    Second Change: 2/10/05 12:23

    Repeated results multiple times. If you want software in RAM info or other let me know.
  13.    #73  
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatIssacs
    Jeff, per your request;

    1. Yes, Sprint
    2. Yes, enable local network time
    3. No, Shadowmite Roms
    4. No, Roaming Patch

    # of Changes: 2
    Initial time: 2/10/05 12:23
    First Change: 1/5/80 18:59
    Second Change: 2/10/05 12:23

    Repeated results multiple times. If you want software in RAM info or other let me know.
    Well that answers the question! This is a generic flaw in the Sprint 650. The problem was there from the start.

    Thanks for posting your results!

    All Sprint users should take note of this and be warned that this condition can cause unexpected device bahaviors!

    I was also told today that this problem also happens when your phone is searching for a signal in no-signal environments! That is *very* nasty!


    Jeff
  14. #74  
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    Now it is not just a soft reset issue. This time problem happens *every* time you power on you phone's radio. Who knows how many different problems are happening that don't cause resets. Although I have seen reset loops that did not make sense. Last night I got one again and whne I got it under control, my system date was in the 1980's.

    Also I have lost my hotsync id w/o reason many times and other unexplained things happen that make a little more sense to me now. I do not however believe this is the end all explanation but this does explain many of the things I have seen on my 650. And also some of those discussed in this forum.

    This situation also seemed to have gotten worse after the roaming update. Is ther anyone out there that has a Sprint 650 that has *not* installed the roaming update or the shadowmite ROM? As I said above, I will throw together a quick program that will tell if you have this problem on your 650.

    Jeff
    Jeff-

    My T650 is still the stock rom and no roaming update applied yet. I'll be happy to test whatever for you.

    -X
    Xathros

    SprintPCS 650 since Nov 2004
  15. #75  
    Jeff-

    I did several tests. I installed the latest test app and activated it. Then went and enabled NetTime and checked your app.

    It said: initial 1/1/04, First 2/10/05 no second.

    Turned off/on radio and checked again: Initial 2/10/05, First 1/5/80, Second 2/10/05

    So it seems that it's nettime that is doing the double check - not necessarily the phone on/off cycle. This means that it could happen whenever the time drifts enough to be updated by nettime (Assuming they even check for accuracy first) and not just at radio on/off

    -X
    Xathros

    SprintPCS 650 since Nov 2004
  16. #76  
    This is amazing...P1 needs to add Jeff and Shadowmite to their payroll. Too bad neither one wants to take ownership of a product they are both willing to sell for 600 bucks.
  17. 7zero's Avatar
    Posts
    214 Posts
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    #77  
    Do you have Sprint Service? = Yes
    Do you have "Enable Local Network Time" option enabled in date&time preferences? = Yes
    Do you have the Shadowmite ROM loaded for voice quality?=Yes
    Do you have the newest Sprint Roaming Patch loaded?=Yes

    # of Changes: 2
    Initial time: 2/10/05 15:34
    First Change: 1/5/80 18:59
    Second Change: 2/10/05 15:34

    Qustion? Why would the clock reset to 1980?

    Thanks for your efforts Jeff.
  18. Minsc's Avatar
    Posts
    967 Posts
    Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    #78  
    We all know that Sprint and P1's support sucks, but maybe if enough people keep hounding them about this they might actually fix it.
    Somehow we need to get this on their radar.
  19. #79  
    Other then some 3rd party apps, my 650 is OE.

    #of changes:2
    initial time: 2/10/05 15:10
    First change: 1/5/80 17:59
    Second change 2/10/05 15:10

    I NOW HAVE THE ENABLE NETWORK TIME OFF...Thanks!!!!
  20. #80  
    FWIW, I have a Cingular T650 with stock ROM and both PalmOne's BT Car Kit update and Shadowmite's BT DUN patch (and obviously not the sound quality patch). I have d/l'd the Display Time Change app and have power cycled my T650. I do have Network Time checked, but am pretty sure that Cingular never did send a time signal to my Treos in the past (T180 > T270 > T600) and is not doing so now (clock is off a bit). In any event, I am seeing NO time changes over a couple of hour test period. Hope this helps--sorry, Sprint folks.
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions