Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 389101112131415 LastLast
    Hi All- Just got my cingular treo 650 - This is the newest in a long line of palm devices purchased. One thing that is bugging me to no end. After hanging up from a bluetooth dial up session (Mac -> treo -> Internet) - I often want to look at the screen to see if there are messages or check the battery level (another issue with this) - So i press the red phone button to get the screen to light up and it often takes nearly 30 seconds to light up.
    It seems the CPU is in a polling state or "stuck" after the DUN session.
    A very irritating characteristic.

Also- is it me or does the DUN through Bluetooth totally suck down the battery? I mean, 1 hour can drain 50 - 75 percent of the juice. I guess I will have to get an adaptor to run it on while I am doing online sessions.

Otherwise, I can totally understand the excitement that is oozing from this site over the T650. It is a very nice package.

Shouts to Mike W.

Palm Pro->Palm VII->Palm VIIx->Kyocera 6035->Samsung I500-> treo650
    Jeff I appreciate your help in all this but I disabled network time & really have no less soft resets (1-2 a day). I have also removed butler program as well because there was so much speculation as to it being the culprit to many soft resets. I am very distraught & disappointed that SO much work is having to be done NOT to make the Treo 650 some sort of souped up, hot rod but to just make it work like it's supposed to. This is truely appaling to me. That basically we have to live with these resets as there is no real reason or fix from PalmOne or Sprint for these problems. If this was a 2005 Ford Explore, there would be a recall. I am pissed but resigned to doing anything about it because there is nothing we can do. Jeff have you gotten around to making that app that would "activate" network time at a predetermined time each day & then deactivated it self? This would be good for people who want accurate time but do NOT want to have it checked all day to cause more resets. This would be appreciated.
    I'm an AT&T customer who took advantage of Cingular's upgrade "deal" only to find out that the unit they sent me was for Cingular customers not AT&T customers. I have a charter GSM plan with AT&T that I NEVER want to change (unlimited time, to anywhere (48 states) from anywhere (same). No way I'm changing that. So they sent me an AT&T version of the phone and I plugged in my Treo 600 SIM (which was actually my Nokia 6310i SIM from two years ago) and all worked just fine.

Now for my Treo 650 problem list:
    1. Volume of ringing changes even though the setting stays the same in the Sound menu. Gets so loud on the softest "setting" that it's unbelievable. When I go into the setting, pick some other volume, and then pick the 1 (softest) again, it reverts back to normal operation. Sometimes I don't even hear the phone ring at all, (and I haven't lost my hearing , because I think the phone has set itself to "None" for volume (even though it still says 1 or 2 for the setting).

2. Call Waiting - When swapping to a second call, all ususally works OK, but when I swap back the person I was talking to can't hear me (but I can hear them). If I push touch-tone buttons, they hear the tones, but they don't hear me. This has happened with and without using the bluetooth headset (Jabra 250). I have to hang up on 1st caller and call them back. This happens about 60% of the time.

3. Calls just drop for no reason - great signal on both my phone and my conversant's, but the call just drops. This happens about 30% of the time.

4. Voice mail number programmed into my SIM is missing the +1 at the front of the number. Cingular has "tried" several times to remotely reset the number on the SIMM with no success. I had to program one of my shortcut keys to be my voicemail button - which is no big deal, but every time I get the "You have voicemail - Dial?" I can't answer yes. I have to cancel and dial using my shortcut button.

5. I'm not getting any range out of my bluetooth headset. I get noise when the two are more than 3 feet apart. This really sucks. I have to hold my phone up with one hand just to use the headset. In my car I put the phone in the overhead sunglasses compartment which keeps it close to the headset, but I can't even carry the phone on my belt or in my pocket! (Again Jabra 250 headset).

I'm sure there's more I'm forgetting, but for now I haven't even trusted the phone enough to begin sync'ing it to my Outlook. Too fearful I'm just going to open a new can of worms!
    I must put in my two cents.....after changing the SIM card to the one ending in "A"....I have had no problems at all....no resets....working like a charm....I love it.

Todd
    Can anyone help me?

Whenever I surf the net on my Treo, it freezes..I have to wait 30 seconds before I can switch over to another screen. Does anyone have the same problem?

Is there a way to increase the cache RAM? It's set at 8 MB.
    Does anyone know if the Sprint ROM update fixes the network time problem?
    Zane
    Quote Originally Posted by zvandiver
    Zane
    I'm pretty sure it doesn't based on reading one of the other threads on the update.
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    I just updated using the Sprint ROM and I can confirm using the Display Time program that this problem has not been fixed.
    # of Changes: 2
    Initial Time: 3.23.05 12:00
    First Change: 1/5/80 18:59
    Second Change: 3/23/05 12:00

Disappointing . . . I am going to try to use it enabled for a while and see what happens.
    Thanks, ouzome. I too am disappointed.
    Zane
    How about the need to turn off radio before sync? Does this change? One thing I noticed, besides much more memory, is that my Treo does not soft reset after every hotsync - yes!!!
    Last edited by charliec; 03/24/2005 at 10:23 PM.
    Charliec
    Quote Originally Posted by charliec
    How about the need to turn off radio before sync? Does this change? One thing I noticed, besides much more memory, is that my Treo does not soft reset after everyn hotsync - yes!!!
    Same here!!!!
    I disabled the option on 2 different Treo 650's and still had to perform soft resets several times per day. I also experienced the sever battery drain. I would suggest returning the phones. PalmOne still refuses to acknowledge the problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by pshirley
    Now for my Treo 650 problem list:
    1. Volume of ringing changes even though the setting stays the same in the Sound menu.....
    You have to hit the button below the volume buttons to save the ringer/volume settings

...3. Calls just drop for no reason - great signal on both my phone and my conversant's, but the call just drops. This happens about 30% of the time.
    I thought this was just Cingular

...4. Voice mail number programmed into my SIM is missing the +1 at the front of the number. Cingular has "tried" several times to
    I would try the Voicemail update at palm.
    http://makeashorterlink.com/?H20512FBA

5. I'm not getting any range out of my bluetooth headset. I get noise when the two are more than 3 feet apart. This really sucks. I have to hold my
    Dunno... I have good range with my Motorola. Might want to try another headset. Or, if you are having this many problems exchange the Treo out for a new one and try again.
    Pilot 512 >PPilot Pro > PalmV > Tungsten T > T3> Treo 650 Cingular
    How about the need to turn off radio before sync? Does this change? Anyone know for sure?? I do not want to try as it took me several days to reconstruct the bad database created in calendar...thks
    Charliec
    Quote Originally Posted by zvandiver
    Zane
    No, but there is a fix, of sorts:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...light=date+bug
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Has anyone experienced the following after updating to Shadowmite's/Sprint PCS 1.08 software:

My battery drains real quick, where as before I could stay on a full charge for like almost 2 days. I use my phone but not to the extent that it would drain the battery for usage of less then 2 hours.
    Hi - once again, does anyone know if the calendar DB corruption (which is one of the main reasons this thread is even here) is "fixed by Sprint 1.08 -- or do we still have to turn off the radio? I had so much trouble, I have been sfraid to try with radio on. THANKS
    Charliec
    I just got my G SIM card switched to an A SIM card and upgraded to the new phone software from PalmOne yet my Treo 650 still reboots when I go to answer an incoming call. Odd thing is this seems to only happen if the phone hasn't been used in a couple of hours.
    Quote Originally Posted by krs71
    Has anyone experienced the following after updating to Shadowmite's/Sprint PCS 1.08 software:

My battery drains real quick, where as before I could stay on a full charge for like almost 2 days. I use my phone but not to the extent that it would drain the battery for usage of less then 2 hours.
    Is your Treo warmer than usual as well?
    Strange behavior started last night for me including a 4 hour standby battery drain--see the overheating thread below.

I did do the Sprint update several days ago on two Treos. One is having problems, the other is not. On the one that is having problems, I just installed ZLauncher 5.2--I was thinking that could be the problem.
  20.    #260  
    Just wanted to let everyone know that I have included a feature in the latest Beta of ScheduleCare that will automatically keep the Treo's system clock correct. I have added the ability for SC to link to time servers on the internet to automatically determine if the treo's clock needs to be adjusted. If the time on the Treo is within 30 seconds of the right time, *no* changes to the system clock will be made. If the variance is greater than 30 seconds, the system clock will be updated. I have also included the ability to specify offsets for daylight savings time.

I hope this helps everyone out that decided to disable "Enable Local Network Time".

Jeff