Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2789101112131415 LastLast
  1.    #221  
    Quote Originally Posted by I Am Fletcher
    I am having major issues with my Treo 650. I have loaded Datebook5 and had to uninstall as I had to constantly do hard resets. I loaded ZLauncher and had to unistall due to the same problem. I did have a little luck with Agendus 9.0, but when trying to switch from application to application via the hard buttons, there was a delay of almost 3-5 seconds. Memory was 65% empty. What third party programs can I install? Thanks for your help.
    The newset version of DateBk5 (V-5.4a, p7) and Zlauncher(5.10.2 build 041210) work flawlessly for me on my 650.

Jeff
  2.    #222  
    Quote Originally Posted by Manu34
    Interesting. I went to mytreo.net and saw this same thread there, and read that someone who had some soft resets didn't have this issue.

Here's the brief history of my phone... knew about the time issue through this thread, opened it up, played with the Network Time setting a little bit, finally turned it off mid afternoon yesterday, lost about an hour as of last night. It showed 10:53PM at around 12:50AM

Since I'm anal, I hard reset the unit and then installed the Palm CD and finally hotsynced it and added this app today. Showed my friend the results of the app after turning the unit of and on, both with Network Time enabled and disabled. As stated above, it messed up the time with some date in 88. I don't quite get the 3/3/13, but that's another issue.

Here's the weird thing... I hit the soft reset once, and since then the app doesn't record any changes at power up/down.
    The 3/3/13 thing was a formatting problem in my app. The latest version fixe that problem.

If you disabled "Enable Local Network Time" then you will *not* see any date changes in the app after a reset.

Jeff
  3.    #223  
    Quote Originally Posted by charliec
    So odd that we would have to do 2-3 things before pushing sync...I remember my T600 - but I don't want to go back! Sync actually works when I shut off radio (my calendar refused to sync as of a week ago)...and it works via BT - and when I use BT, it does NOT reset! WOW...the question..any program or combo of programs that would run a sequence of commands to shut off the radio, hotsync and restart the radio so sync would be a non-event again until someone fixes the T650 issues?
    ScheduleCare will do this for you! Give it a try. I have 2 versions available right now. Phase I ScheduleCare takes all of its commands from calendar entries. So for example you can create a calendar entry that at 2am will: Turn off your phone's radio, reset the treo and then perform a hotsync and then turn the radio back on again.

Phase II of ScheduleCare is a full blown Profile application and is currently in Beta.

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    The 3/3/13 thing was a formatting problem in my app. The latest version fixe that problem.

If you disabled "Enable Local Network Time" then you will *not* see any date changes in the app after a reset.

Jeff
    That's the thing... I did not uncheck the network time setting.

Recap...
    1. Performed hard reset
    2. Enabled Network Time
    3. Installed your app
    4. Turned phone on/off, noted 2 changes as expected
    5. Did this multiple times to confirm
    6. Performed Hard Reset again, installed app, then Soft Reset, powered phone on/off, and saw 0 changes in your app. (Yes, network time enabled)

Try it for yourself. Do a Soft Reset right after a Hard Reset and then run your app.
  5.    #225  
    Quote Originally Posted by Manu34
    That's the thing... I did not uncheck the network time setting.

Recap...
    1. Performed hard reset
    2. Enabled Network Time
    3. Installed your app
    4. Turned phone on/off, noted 2 changes as expected
    5. Did this multiple times to confirm
    6. Performed Hard Reset again, installed app, then Soft Reset, powered phone on/off, and saw 0 changes in your app. (Yes, network time enabled)

Try it for yourself. Do a Soft Reset right after a Hard Reset and then run your app.
    Did you execute my program at least 1 time after the hard reset before you did the soft reset? You must do this for the program to setup the notifications that it needs to capture the time change events.

Jeff
    yessir. sure did. I'll try it again, just to be sure.
    Hey all

My work is offering me an upgrade from my 600 to a 650...Ive been all excited, now I am reading all of the problems on the 650 (I finally think my 600 works, doesnt crash too often, and most of my early problems (short battery life, bad speaker, etc) have been fixed.

Am I just going to start on a new round of frustration if I go to the 650?

Thanks
    Global Posts
    326 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by heyknee2
    Hey all

My work is offering me an upgrade from my 600 to a 650...Ive been all excited, now I am reading all of the problems on the 650 (I finally think my 600 works, doesnt crash too often, and most of my early problems (short battery life, bad speaker, etc) have been fixed.

Am I just going to start on a new round of frustration if I go to the 650?

Thanks
    I still have my old Treo 600 sitting just a couple of feet away...and there's no way I'm going back. Despite the Treo 650's flaws, it does some things that blow the Treo 600 away, including:

- video recording
    - faster processor (apps like Pocket Tunes work much faster)
    - non-volatile memory
    - a replaceable battery
    - a much better screen. (Put a T600 and T650 side-by-side and the difference is really striking).
    - Bluetooth

I just noticed that I have the dread headphone jack static problem. But the problem seems to be greatly diminished with a Seido headphone adapter, rather than with the Palm headphone adapter.

My various memory/reset problems were solved with I took the offending third party applications off.

It does seem, at least for me, that many of the Treo 650's problems can be solved with a few tweaks.
    I have an unlocked GSM treo running on Cingular. I travel internationally very frequently accross multiple time zones. My "enable local network time" is off and I have been using WorldClock (rom app) to manually change my location which in turn changes the time. My question is, if I enable the local network time feature will it also change my location? Or will I end up with the correct local time in say Hong Kong with my location still be Los Angeles? Any help would be great.
    Answer is.....

Network time also changes your location.

Easy to test. Set your location to say .. Paris, then enable net time and it will change to your location (or at least your timezone) all by itself.

-X

EDIT: After re-reading your post, Its been reported the the net time feature does not work on at least some GSM models. Post your results.
    Xathros

SprintPCS 650 since Nov 2004
    Thanks Badler, I guess I will find out soon, hopefully, all the problems will be fixed in the new firmware update, fingers crossed
    So I just bought this new 650 and really like it. I was debating to get the unlocked GSM version, but wanted to save some $$$. I am a little hesitant now because Cingular no longer carries it. Don't know what that is about.
    Has anyone experienced any issues w/the 650?
    When I talk on the phone people tell me that they hear themselves twice!
    Any ideas? I am thinking of sending it back and getting the unlocked version.
    I have had bad experience w/ Cingular and returning phones!

Let me know, anyone!
    Did you execute my program at least 1 time after the hard reset before you did the soft reset? You must do this for the program to setup the notifications that it needs to capture the time change events.

Jeff
    Looks like my "workaround" wasn't really much of anything. After the hard and soft resets, where the app wasn't capturing anything, and I assumed that was a positive, I then unchecked and rechecked the Enable box in the app, and then restarted... THe app started capturing the 1988 time change again. :-(
    Well the Treo will keep good time on its own.
    Unfortunately mine does not! After reading this post I turned off my network time and it started falling behind (loosing a couple minutes each day).

I have Cingular. Anyone know whether this issue is specific to Sprint or affects Cingular as well? I haven't noticed any issues as a result of using network time, but I'd rather not have to rely on it if I don't have to...
    Quote Originally Posted by Xathros
    Answer is.....

Network time also changes your location.

Easy to test. Set your location to say .. Paris, then enable net time and it will change to your location (or at least your timezone) all by itself.

-X

EDIT: After re-reading your post, Its been reported the the net time feature does not work on at least some GSM models. Post your results.

I was wondering more if I flew to Paris would the location (city) change to Paris based on a network push. (the time changing seems a relatively simple feature). If the location does not change you will end up with an annoying mess of cities with wrong time zones.
    Duma-

Yes. The location is changed based on the network time info. It seems to contain timezone info and the Treo selects the city based on the received timezone info. I did this by manually selecting Paris then enabling network time. After the time was changed by network time, I checked my location and it had reverted to New York (Correct for my timezone).

So, again, the anser is yes. The location can be updated by network time. Now, there may be difrences in what information is transmitted by the network depending on where you are and what service you are connected to. I don't travel much so don't get a chance to test this feature other than in my own timezone/network.

I just looked at the city list and edited "New York". In doing so, I noticed Lon/Lat info there as well. So maybe it's possible for the location to change based on AGPS corrds as well. The phone may receive this info for the cell towers and GPS signals combined (AGPS) but I have no idea if this is implemented in the 650 or not. I will do some further testing to try and determine this.

-X

EDIT: After some testing, it appears that only timezone info from the network is used for this. The Location seems to be selected as the first city from the list with matching (GMT +/- x.xx) info. I created my hometown and entered lat/lon coords, disabled location privacy, enabled network time and the location still will revert to New York rather than the closer entry for my hometown. Maybe this will work better after LBS is truly enabled on these devices. For now, it looks like the best we can get is "some" city in the correct timezone.
    Last edited by Xathros; 03/10/2005 at 09:40 AM. Reason: Updated after testing
    Xathros

Xathros

Thanks for this. I think I'm going to stick with the manual Location change for now. The time is always changed accurately plus I have access to local weather and info via WorldMate.
    Quote Originally Posted by duma
    Xathros

Thanks for this. I think I'm going to stick with the manual Location change for now. The time is always changed accurately plus I have access to local weather and info via WorldMate.
    No problem. Was a good question and felt the need to find the answer

Controling this manualy is easy enough and given the headaches that network time has caused many of us, probably a better choice anyway.

Happy traveling

-X
    Xathros

Just to confuse the issue...

I'm not running any mods at all - stock Sprint treo 650. I work as an airline pilot, meaning I power/depower the radio on this thing several times every day, and it's always waking up in a different city/timezone. I've always had the "auto time set" feature enabled; half the time it's the only way I know what timezone I'm in by the time I get to the hotel. I have NEVER had an alarm drop, or any other kind of date glitch.

But then, my tx and rx audio have both always been excellent too. Maybe I'm just one of the lucky ones? Never know with sprint....
    I work as an airline pilot, meaning I power/depower the radio on this thing several times every day
    Most of my problems occured when "network time" was enabled, and then my phone would lose its' Sprint phone signal and have to search for a new signal. I work inside a large building where there is no phone signal in the inner parts of building. I think the fact that you turn off your radio during much of the day makes it less likely to have a problem.