1.    #1  
    OK, I did a search and I couldn't find this mentioned before.

If you sms google, it will within 30 seconds send you an sms with a persons phone number and address and the phone number is a clickable link to dial the number!!

The number to sms is basically Google without the e: 46645

Here is how I set mine up:

I made contact entry for "_google" with a space in front so it shows up as my first contact.

Under "mobile" phone number put the number: 46645

Go to sms,
    pick send new sms, pick the 46645 as the send to number.

In the body of the sms put the persons name and city separted by single spaces only, i.e., "John Doe New York New York"

Send the sms, and voila, within about 30 seconds your number returns by sms.

anyway, if this is redundant, sorry, if not, then great.
    Nanotechnology Nerd
    i300-->i330-->i500-->6700(1 wk!)-->Sprintt650-->gsm650-->HTC Universal (1 mo.)-->gsm650-->Cing8525(3wks!)-->gsm650
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowboxer
    OK, I did a search and I couldn't find this mentioned before.
    Did you try searching for "46645" or "Google SMS"?

Anyways, this is indeed a neat little feature.
    You don't need to make a contact entry for Google in your address book. Once you enter 46645 the SMS app will remember it from there on out.
    Yeah, what DID you search for? Good hint tho -- we all need reminders of these cool things once in a while.
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Try this you will be surprised.

put in the same SMS number and in the text type

Best pizza in <any city> and send....

This will work with any product or store or whatever
    or define words (define <word>)
    Google's website has a handy little PDF that you can print and stick in your wallet or Treo case for use as a Google SMS Reference. It tells you the phone number and all the types of queries supported, pretty handy. I use this service all the time, sure beats spending a service fee to call 411!
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by TR30
    Did you try searching for "46645" or "Google SMS"?

Anyways, this is indeed a neat little feature.

LOL

I swear, I did a search for "google sms" and got "no matches" or whatever. just did it a gain and got a bijillion matches.

Thanks for the lack of flames nonetheless!!

Nanotechnology Nerd
    i300-->i330-->i500-->6700(1 wk!)-->Sprintt650-->gsm650-->HTC Universal (1 mo.)-->gsm650-->Cing8525(3wks!)-->gsm650
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowboxer
    LOL

I swear, I did a search for "google sms" and got "no matches" or whatever. just did it a gain and got a bijillion matches.

Thanks for the lack of flames nonetheless!!

It's been around a while, when I did pizza, when I first used it, it gave me a restuarant near me that had been closed 15 years.

also cool UPSNAP (send sms to
    818-312-7627

place city state (no commas) or
    place zip

For example:
    Pizza Laguna Beach CA

response:
    a Five Star Pizza
    b 10 Point Pizza
    c Sammy's Place Pizzaria
    d Ameci Pizza and Pasta

<reply:>
    d <send>

response:

30012 Crown Valley Parkway Suite L
    Laguna Niguel, CA 92677
    (949)249-3827

if you click the number you can dial it.

I like the phone lookup better than google, especially if you live in a large city with many choices.
    Quote Originally Posted by macs4god
    Google's website has a handy little PDF that you can print and stick in your wallet or Treo case for use as a Google SMS Reference. It tells you the phone number and all the types of queries supported, pretty handy. I use this service all the time, sure beats spending a service fee to call 411!

What, use paper?!! C'mon macs4god, you can do better than that!! It's a treo! Just convert the pdf via conduit and save it on your Treo and forget the lame paper!!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions