1.    #1  
    Anyone else bothered by the slowness of bluetooth hotsyncs.

I have a Apple PB.

Larry
    mee too. it's s o o s l o o o o w . . . .

-mike
    The first time I paired and sync'd it was slow (process took about 5-8 minutes). Consecutive syncs are now faster (2-3 minutes)

-T40 Laptop
    - GSM 650
    michael [TX76Mike]
    BB Tour (Verizon) ∙ 16GB iPhone 3GS (AT&T) ∙ Palm Pre (Cricket)
    Follow me on twitter
    Global Posts
    645 Global Posts
    This is just Bluetooth syncing in general; it's not very high-bandwidth. My suggestion (coming from the Palm side) is to disable as many conduits (especially backup; run BackupBuddyVFS on an SD Card instead) as you deem necessary, trim your contacts, and if using iSync, Ignore Palm events older than one week, or optionally, synchronize only a few contacts by setting up a 'Palm' group in Address Book, or a few calendars.

MissingSync (I haven't used) gives you the capability to create sync profiles, (e.g. "Bluetooth - quick", "Full Sync", or whatever your little heart desires) so you can save time that way.

Personally, I prefer stock applications (no Entourage, no other sync software) to reduce as many variables as possible. I'm sure others have better, more insightful suggestions.

US$.02

Quote Originally Posted by larry91403
    Anyone else bothered by the slowness of bluetooth hotsyncs.

I have a Apple PB.

Larry
    Quote Originally Posted by iomatic
    This is just Bluetooth syncing in general; it's not very high-bandwidth. My suggestion (coming from the Palm side) is to disable as many conduits (especially backup; run BackupBuddyVFS on an SD Card instead) as you deem necessary, trim your contacts, and if using iSync, Ignore Palm events older than one week, or optionally, synchronize only a few contacts by setting up a 'Palm' group in Address Book, or a few calendars.

MissingSync (I haven't used) gives you the capability to create sync profiles, (e.g. "Bluetooth - quick", "Full Sync", or whatever your little heart desires) so you can save time that way.

Personally, I prefer stock applications (no Entourage, no other sync software) to reduce as many variables as possible. I'm sure others have better, more insightful suggestions.

US$.02

That seems to be putting a lot of restrictions on your Treo usage, just for the priviledge of not having to plug in the USB cable.
    Global Posts
    475 Global Posts
    I tried the bluetooth sync at first. It really was ridiculously long. I could plug the USB cable in 10 times before it was even halfway done. So I plug it in now and it takes about 10 seconds to do it's process.

I do use the bluetooth to send files like a new ringtone through the bluetooth to the phone. But I won't be doing a full hotsync other than have it as a backup in case the cable breaks.
    Global Posts
    678 Global Posts
    I'm only syncing the calendar at work so I use bluetooth for that. All other stuff in the hotsync manager is disabled. If there is ever a cradle available I'll probably keep that at work and then go back to the usb full hotsync, but right now I like no cords.
    Mike G

Touch (Sprint)
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Simply put, I use the cable when installing programs or large files and I don't want to wait. I use Bluetooth when doing routine hotsyncs while working on other things (ie time is not an issue).
    Casio A10 -> Casio E100 -> IPAQ 3600 -> IPAQ h1910 -> Treo 650 Sprint

www.techyrants.com