1.    #1  
    Anyone else out there with 650s with ATTWS notice that any thing with a speaker goes nuts when you either get a phone call, or data is being transfered to the device? I had this with my 600 and it wasn't so bad, but with the 650 its pretty bad. Also people complain of hearing themselves echo. Any thoughts?
    Quote Originally Posted by dado96
    Anyone else out there with 650s with ATTWS notice that any thing with a speaker goes nuts when you either get a phone call, or data is being transfered to the device? I had this with my 600 and it wasn't so bad, but with the 650 its pretty bad. Also people complain of hearing themselves echo. Any thoughts?
    I have not had this issue with my 650 but I used to have that problem when I used Nextel
    It's an issue with GSM phones. If you noticed, the interference starts actually one second or so before the phone even begins to ring.

-mike
  4.    #4  
    Any hacks to fix it like putting Reynolds wrap around it or something?
    Cingular Blackberry does the same thing when receiving an e-mail....It gets really annoying during a video conference with 30 people...and the video conference speaker humms every 5 seconds.
    Happens on mine too every once in a while. (Cingular GSM 650). Anybody with a fix?
    michael [TX76Mike]
    BB Tour (Verizon) ∙ 16GB iPhone 3GS (AT&T) ∙ Palm Pre (Cricket)
    Follow me on twitter
    Guess I'm not the only one with this problem.
    I've talked with Palmone 3 times but they are
    clueless and so is Cingular.
    When does pain stop? T.T
    I just got off the phone with Cingular B2B rep.
    They are sending the replacement. T.T
    I highly doubt that the new one will be any
    different.
    That buzzing is your phone transmitting. Any transmitter that uses a TDMA modulation scheme ie GSM and IDEN have exhibit this. The only way to get rid of it besides shielding the object that is getting interfered with is to switch to CDMA. There is nothing wrong with your phone unless you here the buzz in the phone.
    My sidekick used to be this loud.. Its a great reminder of how much radiation I'm taking in the thigh.
    Quote Originally Posted by mistersleepy
    My sidekick used to be this loud.. Its a great reminder of how much radiation I'm taking in the thigh.
    Just don't let it slide too far to the right (or left, if that is your preference) in your front pant's pocket...
    Quote Originally Posted by dado96
    I just received my Cingular 650 and have the same buzzing on my speakers on my computer.
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    This happened with my nextel too, I could not talk in the car while my 4yo was watching a DVD in the back seat. She would drive me crazy while I was trying to talk on the phone! Thank goodness it does not happen now that I am with sprint.
    Lenny

Ice Visor Deluxe-->Treo 90-->Treo 650--> Treo 700p-->Burgundy Treo 755p -->Onyx Centro--> Pre Minus--> Pixi Minus

[Once I lost my corkscrew in Africa. We had to live on food and water for 2 weeks.....Ernest Hemmingway
    I used to have this problem with a Sony Ericsson phone and my iTrip FM transmitter for my iPod in the car. I'd put the iPod and the phone next to each other in the cupholders, and whenever I entered an urban area with dense cell coverage the sound coming from the iTrip would freak out, beeping and buzzing and all kinds of stuff. I was ready to send the iTrip back as a defective unit, until one day I realized that it only happened when my phone was within 5-6 feet of the iTrip. If the interference can make speakers hum, I don't even want to think of what my phone is doing to my brain.