Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Well, after some shipping snaffu's... apparently the 650 looks like a bomb. Needless to say I received the unlocked 650 GSM from mobilefly.com in Singapore. It was sent International priority and I got it this morning.

Now, I have to get through a day of work before I can play with it as it is charging right now in my hotel room. The seconds are ticking away.
    congrats!
    how long does it took to reach the states? 2 days?
    treo 650: on my hand nya nya nya!
    Yes, how long between when you ordered and when you received?
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
  4.    #4  
    I ordered mine last Tuesday. It actually arrived in the states on Friday, but was held up in customs. It was delivered yesterday to my hotel (I'm on the road for work), but I was unable to get until today because I missed my flight and got in this morning. It generally will probably take 3-4 business days. But since the store is in Singapore, they are most likely closed because of Chinese New Year.
    I looked at ordering from them. It was available on their site a day or two before P1 started taking orders, but I think you'll pay a premium.

moppet52 am I correct, is it expensive when you order from them?
    Oh, so they have internet on computers now!
    --Treo 650 unlocked/unbranded with Rogers
  6.    #6  
    Yes... very expensive. $840, but they are shipping now. I ordered it because I was willing to pay the premium because I thought PalmOne was not releasing their unlocked for a couple of weeks + plus some time to ship them. I rigured I would pay the premium to get the phone a month ahead of time. In the end, I'm happy I did pay the premium even if they did release the PalmOne unlocked earlier than expected. Because of the price hike on the PalmOne version, I ended up paying a $150 premium. I can live with that.
    Quote Originally Posted by moppet52
    Yes... very expensive. $840, but they are shipping now. I ordered it because I was willing to pay the premium because I thought PalmOne was not releasing their unlocked for a couple of weeks + plus some time to ship them. I rigured I would pay the premium to get the phone a month ahead of time. In the end, I'm happy I did pay the premium even if they did release the PalmOne unlocked earlier than expected. Because of the price hike on the PalmOne version, I ended up paying a $150 premium. I can live with that.
    ah...the price of exclusivity...
    gotta love it!
    sometimes i do the exact same thing with cellphones, only to get burned by it after a month...well, the exclusivity that i've paid only last about a month or 2, before the price freefalls like a piece of brick
    treo 650: on my hand nya nya nya!
    Pictures, screenshots, a user report... pleez!

Todd/Indy
  9.    #9  
    AHHHH!!!!

I am at work... phone is charging in my hotel room. Trust me... these things will be forthcoming! Though not until this weekend at or Monday of next week at the earliest.

FWIW... I checked and Bluetooth DUN is ENABLED on my Unlocked 650.
    Global Posts
    451 Global Posts
    Palm III -> Sony Clie 73V + Sony Ericsson 610 -> Sony Ericcson P900 -> Nokia 6600 + IPAQ 4150 -> Treo 650 -> BenQ P50 -> Motorola Q -> Treo 755p -> HTC Titan (Sprint Mogul)
  11.    #11  
    Geez! Very demanding croud. I will do so when I can. As for pics... come on... we all know what the 650 looks like!
    Is BT DUN enabled out of the box? That won't prove the USA model will be but I'm curious.
    Geez! Very demanding croud. I will do so when I can. As for pics... come on... we all know what the 650 looks like!
    AHHHH!!!!

I am at work... phone is charging in my hotel room. Trust me... these things will be forthcoming! Though not until this weekend at or Monday of next week at the earliest.

FWIW... I checked and Bluetooth DUN is ENABLED on my Unlocked 650.

Looks like it.
  14.    #14  
    Hmmm... not sure. I can tell you all the accessories were sealed and had not been opened as were the manuals. But I am not sure what was done to unlock my phone. I guess we will have to wait until the first shipment of PalmOne Unlocked arrive.
    Oops, sorry. I misunderstood the question. I will shush now.
    Does it say CINGULAR when the phone starts up.
    Hmmm... not sure. I can tell you all the accessories were sealed and had not been opened as were the manuals. But I am not sure what was done to unlock my phone. I guess we will have to wait until the first shipment of PalmOne Unlocked arrive.
  17.    #17  
    No... Just Palmpowered. And I am on TMobile service... definitely not locked to a carrier.
    How's the TMobile service? Fast? Slow?
    Apple iPhone 8GB
    Apple 15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Ghz C2D
    Retired Treo 650
    My Mobilefly.com order is now en-route to Europe. I ordered on Sunday morning, and it shipped yesterday (Monday) just before the Chinese New Year holiday shutdown. Fedex are currently telling me that it'll arrive late on Thursday.

I ordered from them as it's the only option for us Europeans for at least a few weeks, Palmone won't ship from the States. Even when P1 do ship locally it's going to cost a lot more that in the States, they're still selling the 600 for USD900 here!

A carrier subsidised model would be a lot cheaper, but no carriers in Ireland are going to provide the model.
  20. Rob
    Global Posts
    533 Global Posts
    Well, after some shipping snaffu's... apparently the 650 looks like a bomb. Needless to say I received the unlocked 650 GSM from mobilefly.com in Singapore. It was sent International priority and I got it this morning.
    Congrats, Moppet!!!

Would you be so kind as to extract the following files (using something like FileZ) and send them to shadowmite (or just post them) so he can figure out a way to unlock the Cingular/AT&T Treo 650 GSM units? His e-mail address is shadowmite@shadowmite.com

btmanager.prc
    GSMxxxxxxx files
    phone app files

Thanks in advance!
    - everyone with a Cingular or AT&T Treo 650.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast