Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    I will do so, but as a 650 noob (I had the 600 a while ago, but was not and am not a power user... yet).

What other appz could I use to get this information besides Filez.

First apps I am going to install tonight/tomorrow:
    ZLauncher (in RAM)
    Uninstaller (in RAM)
    BackupBuddy (in RAM)
    PocketTunes (SD Card)
    Movie player of some sort (SD Card)
    IM Chat of some sort (Verichat I think - SD Card)
    Filez (RAM)

Any other suggestions?

Keep in mind, I have a prior committment tonight so I will not be able to play with the 650 that much. I will try to at least get some hi-res pics for the late night crowd (really late night for EST as I am in the SF Bay area right now). I hope to post initial impression on Friday. Unfortunatley I left my bluetooth headset at home and will not be able to test that funcitonality for another 2 weeks.
    Folks, I would definitely like to see some files from the real unlocked phone! But what's more, it appears someone has decided to help get me a GSM phone to play with. If what he emailed me is correct, I'll have it tomorrow. I believe we can easily tie the features of all phone models together once we get all the files together and out in the open. It's highly likely that the unlock would be transferred via a rom flash which has already been verified as possible on the GSM phone. (someone apparently has flashed a GSM phone with the CDMA rom which disabled the phone, but did not kill it!)

The future should be very interesting...
    moppet52, that's freakin' AWESOME! But, I must say, I'm SOOO jealous...it kills me that a 3rd party vendor is able to sell and ship the unlocked version BEFORE palmOne. Which, IMO, totally proves that the unlocked units are just sitting in palmOne's warehouse waiting to be shipped. F'ing Cingular...it's all their fault.

*sigh* Hopefully, we'll get ours this week from p1...
  4.    #24  
    TMobile GPRS speed results

4 test at dslreports page:

109 kb/s
    42 kb/s
    42 kb/s
    59 kb/s

Man I want to get Cingular EDGE service.

I will post pics later tonight. I install the apps mentioned above and get a copy of the files requested to Shadowmite tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by moppet52
    Keep in mind, I have a prior committment tonight so I will not be able to play with the 650 that much. I will try to at least get some hi-res pics for the late night crowd (really late night for EST as I am in the SF Bay area right now). I hope to post initial impression on Friday. Unfortunatley I left my bluetooth headset at home and will not be able to test that funcitonality for another 2 weeks.

Well, I'm on the East Coast but working an overnight shift. So I need the entertainment.

I'm a T-mob user in the Baltimore area. I don't know what their network is like over there on the Left Coast. But I'm interested in hearing some reports on strength and quality.

What data plan are you on?
    Unlocked P1 T650 + 12" Powerbook + Scion xA = Happiness
    Quote Originally Posted by moppet52
    Geez! Very demanding croud. I will do so when I can. As for pics... come on... we all know what the 650 looks like!
    At least I said "pleez"
    My Unlocked GSM 650 arrived from mobilefly.com this morning. 'Tis perfect, no problems so far, just popped in my Vodafone sim and off I went...

If Shadowmite or anyone needs copies of system files from the device, let me know I'd be glad to help.
    Man about, I'd like the btmanager.prc file, and maybe the phone.prc file... Please copy them off via filez to a SD card, then email them to me at: shadowmite@shadowmite.com
    Ok, sent the files. Apologies for the delay..
    Palm IIIx -> Palm Vx -> Treo650
    Panasonic G500 -> Nokia 6210 -> Nokia 6610 -> Treo650
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12