Global Posts
    645 Global Posts
    If I were to get a Cingular version (of what else-- Treo 650!), and my old AT&T SIM has all my contacts *but* I've synced, etc., what's the migration procedure; is there a step-by-step anyone has regarding syncing (with another Palm -- that I don't mind 'disabling', if necessary?

I realize the SIM card can copy back and forth to the phone's built-in memory, but what is the best way to achieve the best results? Remember, data resides in multiple places!

Old phone:
    1) SIM,
    2) memory,

new phone:
    3) SIM,
    4) memory,

5) Mac's iSync database,

previous Palm:
    6) memory,
    7) Palm backup,

and other possible places (iPod, .Mac, et al.) I have this correct, no?

Thoughts?

Thanks!
    sounds confusing! did you figure this out yet? I can say this DON'T use the previous Palm's backup. Sync it to the Mac and then remove or rename the backup folder if you are going to use the same HotSync user name with the 650. Then the info on the Mac will sync with the Treo.
    <body bgcolor="#ffffff">
    <p><font size="-2" color="#4684ff" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"><b>imageone</b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"> &#x2022; current - <b>PowerBook G4 - Mac OS X - white iPod video 60GB - Treo 650 - 700p (Sprint)<br>
    </b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular">retired - Visor Deluxe - Visor Prism - Kyocera 6035 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Blackberry 7250</font></p>
    </body>
    Global Posts
    645 Global Posts
    i've done that, AND changed the name to a different Palm name. So far, so good. Installing apps, three by three. No crashes. Yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by iomatic
    i've done that, AND changed the name to a different Palm name. So far, so good. Installing apps, three by three. No crashes. Yet.
    go lean. the 650 doesn't play good with 3rd party apps well.
    <body bgcolor="#ffffff">
    <p><font size="-2" color="#4684ff" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"><b>imageone</b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"> &#x2022; current - <b>PowerBook G4 - Mac OS X - white iPod video 60GB - Treo 650 - 700p (Sprint)<br>
    </b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular">retired - Visor Deluxe - Visor Prism - Kyocera 6035 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Blackberry 7250</font></p>
    </body>
    Global Posts
    645 Global Posts
    workin' well. checked the incompatible thread; but none so far. went bowling, and people went pr0n surfin; sigh.

some random not-connects, alas.

whatever. works.