Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Hi Everyone ,
    Just a treo 600 from a friend of mine .
    How do I delete all his contacts ?
    His Favorites ?
    Read this forum all night looking for a solution and also the manual . I don't want to the reset since he has some cool programs I want to keep
    Quote Originally Posted by akuma25
    His Favorites ?
    Your only option is to manually delete them on the handheld or desktop component if there is one.
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Would you happen to know if the 600 has an auto answer feature for in car use ?
  4. 2yd
    Far greater experts lurk here than I but you might try using FileZ to move the 'cool' programs to SD card; then do a Hard Reset. Your choice if you want to then move the programs back to main memory or keep them on the SD card.

All the Best
    Of course, you're going to pay the developers for all those "cool programs" you're going to keep, right?
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    All the " cool programs" are paid for and he gave me the info to change everything regarding them . I did'nt cheat in regards to that . Still trying to find out about auto answer or if there's a program to help in that dept. it's kind of a turnoff since I drive often and don't like having to go back to the phone to answer . My old motorola had that as an option and alot of newer phones with lesser technology offer it as well . It's weird to think that such a costly piece of equipment would omit that .
    Quote Originally Posted by akuma25
    Hi Everyone ,
    Just a treo 600 from a friend of mine .
    His Favorites ?
    Read this forum all night looking for a solution and also the manual . I don't want to the reset since he has some cool programs I want to keep

1. Do a hotsync to your computer.

2. Open Windows Explorer and go to C:\Program Files\Handspring\<your username>\ Addressbook

3. Delete the file in the Addressbook, named Address.DAT

4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 for each of teh other folders, ( Datebook, Memo Pad, To Do )

5. Change the conduit settings in Hotsync Manager to Desktop Overwrites Handheld, for each of these 4 conduits.

6. Perform a hotsync and "VOILA" the data is gone.

you can now enter your own informations either in the Palm Desktop or on the device itself. On your next hotsync, you will create new .DAT files with your own information.
    I do belive it has an auto answer function. If you go to the palm1 website, you should be able to find the info there. Also, you will be able to down load the user's guide in the from of a pdf. Download it to your desktop so you will always have it handy.