1.    #1  
    No really, this one has me stumped.

It's been a rough few days. I've been a heavy email 600 user for over a year. My 650 showed up on Friday, all was good, then I tried email.....

All functions to include web, work fine. I can even setup and work email on my comcast account

But I cannot recieve email from the same pop account at work that I have been using for over a year on my treo 600. I get "timeout reading response" But I can send....

I can both send and receive however using my older Treo 600 phone which has a different pop mail client on board.

It gets better ..

FedEx man shows up yesterday and next thing my boss walks into my office with his new Treo 650, exact same firmware, hardware etc, plugs in his email settings, and hits his email fine.

With his sim card in his phone, he setup my email account and got the same results, unable to receive but can send.

I spend hours on the phone with AT&T, one techie said he saw a problem with my account and made some changes to no avail. A few hours later a second techie swore he copied my bosses profile to mine, still no workie.

Finally, it may be worth noting that before the introduction of these new phones, my boss had a Tungsten running on Versamail 2.X , while I had a Treo 600 running on whatever pop client came with the thing.

His settings were:

Inbound XXXXXXX.com

Outbound XXXXXXX.com

He was able to keep these settings on his 650

My settings were:

Inbound XXXXXXX.com

Outbound smpt.attwireless.net

Can anyone give me sum ideas? How will escape purgatatory!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by hostage46
    No really, this one has me stumped.

My settings were:

Inbound XXXXXXX.com

Outbound smpt.attwireless.net

Can anyone give me sum ideas? How will escape purgatatory!!!!!
    I would assume you used "smtp" rather than "smpt" as you put in the message...

-Sim

NoisyGecko
    Have you tired switching the pop3/smtp sequence. Some accounts only work if pop before smtp or vice versa...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    Have you tired switching the pop3/smtp sequence. Some accounts only work if pop before smtp or vice versa...
    Yes that was a typo...

Looks like something fishy going on with my ISP. We did a test on a new account and it worked, hope to fix it tonight.

Go figure....

BTW it's all worth it 600 was terrific, 650 totally rocks