Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    Just wondering if anyone else has noticed that their 650 ear volume is a good bit softer than their 600? Mine is very different. My 600 at max volume was right on the edge of uncomfortable and my new 650 at full is "normal" or even a little light. I drive a Jeep and with the road noise the 650 is tough to hear at times. I also notice that at max volume, I get a flutter noise in the background.

I arranged to get a replacement, that will hopefully fix the problem. Just wondering if it is a common problem? I hate this, I was a one Treo 600 kind of guys, zero problems, always worked from day one. Hopefully I won't be more than a two Treo 650 kind of guy....

greg
    The earpiece volume on my 650 is not as loud as on my 600, though the ringers are much louder. It hasn't been a huge issue for me, but I would be interested in knowing if your replacement was any better.
    Same observation here. I have noticed my Cingular 650 is lower than my T-mobile 600. I also noticed the noise increase when I tried to compensate
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    Darn,
    I was hoping I would get no replies. Well the new one is shipping overnight via NBO, so we'll see. I will post what I find out here.

greg
    Can anyone compare the volume of the speaker phone functions on both the 600 and 650? Is it any louder, more clear for both you and the person you are talking to?
    Quote Originally Posted by thxac3
    Can anyone compare the volume of the speaker phone functions on both the 600 and 650? Is it any louder, more clear for both you and the person you are talking to?
    I haven't used it extensively, but I don't notice much of a difference between the 600 and 650 with regards to the speakerphone volume. I can't answer in terms of clarity, but so far no one has complained.
    I am new to Treos but also drive a Jeep. The 650 is much softer than the Nokia was. I also have trouble hearing it and that's with the hardtop on. will be interested to see if your new one is louder.
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    My first treo 600's volume was great. The refurb I got has been a pain in the @ss, with unpredictable periods of low volume (both earpiece and speaker phone). Going to sprint store today for another unit. This is wrong.
    Last edited by sjuffe; 02/08/2005 at 10:17 AM. Reason: left phone model out
    "I'm not against half-naked girls - not as often as I'd like to be..." Benny Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by jeepdiver
    I am new to Treos but also drive a Jeep. The 650 is much softer than the Nokia was. I also have trouble hearing it and that's with the hardtop on. will be interested to see if your new one is louder.

Are you using hands free when in your Jeep, or is it the ear piece volume you are referring to?
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    I know what you mean.. I was thinking that when spring comes and I put that darned soft top on I am going to have problems. I love the top, but hate the noise. To thxac3 I am talking about the ear piece volume.

greg
    Quote Originally Posted by thxac3
    I've had the Sprint 650 for a few months now and I think the speakerphone volume is weaker than the 600. It works fine for the typical speakerphone situation (e.g., sitting on a desk/table in a room). However, I used to use the 600 speakerphone sometimes while driving but I've noticed that doesn't work as well anymore due to the weaker volume level.
    It was the earpiece volume. No way handsfree would work while driving.
    No question, the earpiece on my new Cingular T650 is much softer than on my old T600.
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    Ok the replacement came. It seems a little bit louder (but clearly not as loud as my 600) and the annoying buzz is gone. In all I am glad I asked for a replacement, but I am a little concerned that I am not going to be as happy with the volume as I was with my 600. I guess time will tell...

greg
    This has really been my only complaint about my Treo 650. It becomes a big problem when walking around in Manhattan. Several times I had to just call the person back because it wasn't loud enough. This seems like something easy to fix. I guess it could be an issue of the speaker not being able to handle a higher output. If that is the case we are fuct.
    Got the Palmone hybrid headset. It's _awesome_ for voice. It's a decent MP3 headset, but I was shocked at how good calls sound. Yah, you shouldn't drive with it. I know. But it sure does make things easier to hear in the Jeep.
    Roger that. I am using a Treo 650 and 600 side by side. My wife got my old 600 and I was talking on it tonight. The earpiece volume on the 600 is much better than the 650 - the 650 is as bad as the Treo 300!!!!!

Are we going forward or backward?
    I've never owed a Treo before the 650, but I can say for sure that the earpiece on this unit is way too low to use while in a noisy environment. Interestingly though, when using my Bluetooth headset the volume is as loud as it was with my SE T610. Hmmm. Hopefully, palmOne (or someone else) will create a patch for this.
    I totally agree. If palm does not do something about this (if they can), I will be forced to return mine. Its a phone, you should be able to hear who your talking to.
    The volume level is too low for my taste as well. As such, I'm returning the device today. I'm not paying $600 for a device that you have trouble hearing the person on the line. Oh well, let's see how this ends up.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast