1.    #1  
    Ok I am looking to get a hip case/holster for my treo but can't decide what to get.

To many to decide from (Hard case, flip case, skin, pouch, flip-lid, Holsters)

What do you recommend and why (whatever I get has to protect my treo)?
    Vaja is the best way to go IMO. You will pay more for one, but it is definately worth it. Lots of colors too!

http://www1.vajacases.com/home_en.html
    Me I'm looking for a very simple holster a la Black berry. I don't need a leather case I cant stand anything covering the screen and keyboard...I just want something that;
    a) will keep the Treo securely on my belt,
    b) with a beltclip that can be adjusted vertically and horizontally,
    c) That allows me to quickly take the Treo out, and
    d) Does not scratch the Treo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiffany
    Me I'm looking for a very simple holster a la Black berry. I don't need a leather case I cant stand anything covering the screen and keyboard...I just want something that;
    I got a Leather Latch Case from Dan's (http://tinyurl.com/46ed8) and have been very pleased. Treo doesn't come "out" per se, but can be used in the clip very easily.
    "There has always been a tension in conservatism between those who favor more liberty and those who want more morality. But what's indisputable is that Bush's 'compassionate conservatism' is a move toward the latter - the use of the government to impose and subsidize certain morals over others. He is fusing big government liberalism with religious right moralism. It's the nanny-state with more cash." -- www.AndrewSullivan.com
    I agree with Tiffany, my friend has the traditional blackberry and it faces in protecting it but slides right out for easy use, tried the Seidio "holster" but chipping the paint off the top of my Treo that went back REALLY fast....
    I wish I had a dime for every dime I have
    I am using the leather case from the treo store. It's 29.95 but its leather and doesn't scratch the body any way what so ever.
    THE BEST IS NUTSHELL
    But how do you use the Nutshell with a headset plugged into it?
    Tiffany,
    Vaja's T65 case might be your base choice. I'm getting mine tomorrow, we'll see
    how good it is.

Happy shopping!
  10.    #10  
    Tec_Toyz:
    I looked at the cases made by Vaja and they seem to nice but they cost to much.

satyric:
    Nice find but the bad thing about that case is the treo is facing outward. That can't be good.

JetJockeyJ:
    Those nutshell cases don't seem to practical.

I like the Bellagio Lateral Pouch Case and the Covertec Horizontal.
    I had a Nutshell case with my Sony TG50. Fortunately, I didn't need access to the bottom.

They don't fit so tight that you can't slide it in while something's plugged in. Or, you can ask them to cut you a hole in the bottom. Or, you can put the Treo in upside down.

I have the Seidio holster clip. It has taken a bit of paint off the top. Oh well, too late now. I'm also going to try the holster from Dan's. Might try the genuine Palm one, too, as I carry on my left side (hold the Treo in my left hand, mostly).

Tom
    I agree on the Nutshell - just got it on Monday and love it. Is a little expensive but is secure (with belt loop for vertical or horizontal), easy to get in and out of case and not in the way when you sit, enter a vehicle, etc.
    Global Posts
    645 Global Posts
    It really does look like the Vaja will meet your needs.

I'll let you know when I get mine… in 20 days (!)

Quote Originally Posted by Tiffany
    Just got the Convertec Horizontal case.

I really like it. It fits close to the body and the headphone jack is exposed. I've
    already tried 2 others and I like this the best.

But be prepared for:
    1) You must lock the keyboard/screen or else you'll get all kinds of false button pushes. It was originally designed for the 600. The 650 is a bit thicker and therefore a tighter fit. It will stretch some (I stuffed it with "stuff" to help it stretch faster.)

2) The clip on it is nice but the metal clip part isn't really long enough to snap over a wide belt so it MIGHT slip off.
    With my Treo 600, I used the Treo Side Case which worked pretty well and has a hole for headsets

http://web.palmone.com/products/Prod...0004&cat=20015

I've switched to the Form Fit case for the 650, but the Vaja looks really nice
    Chris

Evolution: PalmPilot > Palm Vx > Visor Prism > iPaq 3955 > iPaq 4155 > Treo 600 > Treo 650
    wow, i did not know that taking the treo in and out of a pouch may scratch up the screen or chip off the paint. Has anyone been using a specific pouch for a while and do not experience the above? Please state which one as well.

Thanks
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    I use a Krussel horizontec. I have been happy with it so far. I like the fact that it has belt loops as well as a belt clip. Sometimes I wear my shirts out and when a phone is looped to my belt I look even fatter then I already am. With this cas I can clip it to my pocket of my jeans.
    Lenny

Ice Visor Deluxe-->Treo 90-->Treo 650--> Treo 700p-->Burgundy Treo 755p -->Onyx Centro--> Pre Minus--> Pixi Minus

[Once I lost my corkscrew in Africa. We had to live on food and water for 2 weeks.....Ernest Hemmingway
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterEd
    Just got the Convertec Horizontal case...

2) The clip on it is nice but the metal clip part isn't really long enough to snap over a wide belt so it MIGHT slip off.
    Mr.Ed,

I'm looking to get the Covertec - is the clip tight enough to hold without a belt (i.e. with jeans) or would it slide off?
    So far it's no problem. I would have liked it to have a longer metal clip but so far I have had no problem either sitting or standing. It is a tiny bit on the "tight" side for the phone but you can easily stretch the leather (which I did). All-in-all I really like it.

They are coming out with a 650 specific version shortly. I would wait for that. Had I know that I would have waited as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Ree Nigne
    Mr.Ed,

I'm looking to get the Covertec - is the clip tight enough to hold without a belt (i.e. with jeans) or would it slide off?