Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    So I installed Chatter on my T600, as an alternative to Snapper. unfortunately, my institution does not support the IDLE command, so no push. I set up a fastmail account and looked at the "migrate messages from IMAP server". Question: will this just sen copies of messages to fastmail, or is this a true migration, where I won't see them in my original account? AND Will I still have other IMAP functionality (sync folders, delete remotely from server, etc)?
    thanks,
    amell
    Hi

Have you heard about Aileron from www.corsoft.com. It is a email messaging software which also support attachments.

Patrick
    Consider simply forwarding your work email to fastmail - so while email shows up in Chatter, it also remains on your office's server.

Yes, other IMAP functionality is supoprted - you might want to visit www.chatteremail.com and read the manual.
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    perhaps this is a silly question, but is the "migrate" function on the fastmail account the same as forwarding?
    Amell, the migrate function in fastmail is really meant as a way to initially move your current IMAP mail over to fastmail. The fwd function is something a bit different. You should be able to get all of the funtionality you want by using something like fastmail in conjunction with chatter e-mail.
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    so which to use - migrate or forward?