1.    #1  
    Let's get the basics out of the way first:

+ I have the Sprint Insurance via Lockline (since January 2004)
    + I've had the same phone since November 2003 (Handspring version)
    + Never did the Rom Update (Sprint Updater 2.0) thing.
    + I just hot synched last night.
    + I did the card-backup thing a week ago or so.

The following happened when I was using my car charger to charge my Treo 600, as my battery was getting low at 15% or so.

Don't know if this is the culprit, but I installed the trial version of TreoGuard (along with AvantGo, PalmPuke and FieldPlus) last night. Discovered TreoGuards's phone screen blank/disable feature. It worked great the first few times throughout the day. But when I was checking my voice mail tonight, the screen went blank after 30 seconds (as expected), but then my Treo re-booted. But it wouldn't STOP re-booting, as the "Palm Powered" logo keeps flashing off and on like Christmas Tree lights! It's the distant cousin of the blue screen of death!!

I held down the power buton while inserting the push pin, and attempted a hard reset. For awhile it worke. The Treo finally stopped flashing and the familar "erase all data" thing appeared. I first cliked the up button on the D- pad. Then it went back to perpetual re-boot! Did the hard reset again, this time pusing the bottom button on the D-Pad. You guessed it...perpetual re-boot again!

Please help/advise.

I'm sleeping on it for now. If there's a slim chance to get a T650 out of this scenario, I wouldn't mind!

Cheers,
    Kevin
    Are you sure you're doing a proper reset? Follow these instrictions on how to do various types of resets:

http://kb.palmone.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/W...,case=obj(887)

I would first do a warm reset to put your Treo into debug mode so you can delete whatever is causing your treo into a reset loop and then do a hard reset afterwards if that doesn't work. Finally if that doesn't work, try a zero-out reset to try to restore to factory settings...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  3.    #3  
    gfunkmagic, thanks! It worked! I can accesss my Treo now. I used

Though I can't seem to get my wireless radio/network/data to turn on. The interesting thing is, if I do a soft reset again, it goes back into perpetual reboot. I can't make phone calls, even to my voice mail.
    Quote Originally Posted by KevMeister
    gfunkmagic, thanks! It worked! I can accesss my Treo now. I used

Though I can't seem to get my wireless radio/network/data to turn on. The interesting thing is, if I do a soft reset again, it goes back into perpetual reboot. I can't make phone calls, even to my voice mail.

What did you do exactly? A warm reset? If so, then the Treo is in debug mode and all extensions and hacks have been disabled and the wireless will not work. You should delete anything and everything you think might be causing your treo to reset into a loop. Try dialling ##377 (I think its the same for the 650) to see what app is causing the reset. Then try doing a soft reset to see if that fixes your problem. If that doesn't work, try doing a zero-out reset to completely return your Treo to factory fresh state...

Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  5.    #5  
    Gfunk, yes, it was a warm reset! I dailed ##377 and got the following message: "A crash occured on 2/8/05 at 12:41am while running "TreoGuard...AlarmMgr.c, Line403, disable underflow."

I thought so!

I'll delete TreoGuard, do a soft reset and see what happens. If that doesn't work, I'll try doing that "zero-out reset to completely return your Treo to factory fresh state..."

Though I'm wondering if I shoud have my battery at full capacity before I do either scenario. The battery is currently at 23% (red bar is showing.)

###
    Glad it sounds like you figured things out! Let us know if you got everythign worked out...

7.    #7  
    I charged my T600 overnight, then this morning did a back-up card thingy, then deleted TreoGuard. After that, did a soft reset and I'm back in action!

Gfunk, you're the best! This is what makes TreoCentral such a great community.

P.S. I think I'll skip the TreoGuard's phone/screen off feature for now...in any case, I've learned something about conflicting h/w and s/w!

###
  8.    #8  
    Well, guess what happened?!

Last night, I dropped my Treo600 for the second time (on sidewalk) since I've got it in Nov. 2003 (first dropped it summer 2004). It was still in my T600 Vaja classic case when it happened. It landed face down. Again! But surprisingly, no breakage. At least that's what I thought.

The internet connection still works, but it was still really making a loud buzzing noise. I called my voice mail and I could barely pick up a ring tone. Then I couldn't hear anyting. So I called LockLine this morning--first time! Paid the $50 deductable. I wonder what I'll get...T650 or T600?

Question: The fact that I've had my original T600 for so long (Handspring version), I'm wondering if that's the case of good build quality? Or because I dropped it and probably broke the phone radio chip, does that mean it had a bad build quality? Perceptions/thoughts anyone?!

Sidebar: I'm really starting to dislike my T600 Classic Vaja case, for obvious reasons. The new T66 case looks like a nice upgrade--magnet lock!

###
    I always thought the Handspring branded Treo 600's were of better quality personally... maybe it's just nostalgia or something! Anyway, I still have my original Handspring branded 600 as well (in pristine condition) and it's never given me any problems!