1.    #1  
    Has anyone had to do hard resets? I took my battery out and put it back in. Then the Palmone came up and them the logo of palm came on, then back to palmone. I tried soft reset and it was still doing this. I think it is really weird that the phone was working great, till I took the battery out.
    Hmmm... did you try a warm reset before the hard reset? That might have prevented the need for the hard reset...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    I installed one app a while back that put me in a reset loop like that. A warm reset did the trick.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
  4.    #4  
    What is a warm reset?
    sorry to hi-jack your thread, but what's the difference between a hard reset, soft reset and a warm reset?

I'm a noobie, just got my treo 650 today!
  6.    #6  
    A soft reset is when you just push the reset button. That will help with freeze, etc. A hard reset is just like starting over. Just like the first time you got it. A hard reset you hold in reset button and hold power button.
    Here are instructions on how to perform the various types of resets on palmone devices:

Solution ID: 887

Resetting your device (Soft, System/Warm, Hard, In-Cradle, Power Down, Battery Disconnect, Zero Out)

Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    A hard reset doesn't hurt your Treo650 if you backed up. You can restore all your contents on the next hotsync and restore operation. Sometimes I used hard resets just to get rid of bad freeware crap on my T650 that caused it to lock up. I had to hard rest my PPC6601 only once, since I started to stay away from untried untested freeware.
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyH
    A hard reset doesn't hurt your Treo650 if you backed up. You can restore all your contents on the next hotsync and restore operation. Sometimes I used hard resets just to get rid of bad freeware crap on my T650 that caused it to lock up. I had to hard rest my PPC6601 only once, since I started to stay away from untried untested freeware.

A hard reset won't remove bad apps if you simple just restore from your last hotsync archive which may include the apps which caused you to hard reset in the first place. In this case, a SD backup app is valuable. All you have to do is maintain certain 'safe' backup sets prior to the apps you install. This way you can always revert back to a previous state on your Treo, not just the last working state. Archiving multiple backup set on your card is very good idea imo and does not lock you to any pc to restore...