1.    #1  
    I like the application but i can't see a way to use a button to launch it without losing functionality. I mean, can they make any of the hardware buttons to launch it by doing a long press instead of a short press. I would say a long press down on the calendar or mail button would work much better than a short press. I really need those two buttons the way they are.

Al
    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo
    I like the application but i can't see a way to use a button to launch it without losing functionality. I mean, can they make any of the hardware buttons to launch it by doing a long press instead of a short press. I would say a long press down on the calendar or mail button would work much better than a short press. I really need those two buttons the way they are.
    Al
    Limitation is due to the way buttons are handled on PalmOS. 5-way center and screen power on button (hard4) can support long press, but hard1, hard2 and hard3 are launching the application instantly, I don't have time to check if it is a long or normal press. Short press let you launch VL or your normal application, but it is not very easy to use, it requires a little training

Anyway, I'll have a look to see if I can find a better solution...

Jean-Francois.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by JFMw
    Limitation is due to the way buttons are handled on PalmOS. 5-way center and screen power on button (hard4) can support long press, but hard1, hard2 and hard3 are launching the application instantly, I don't have time to check if it is a long or normal press. Short press let you launch VL or your normal application, but it is not very easy to use, it requires a little training

Anyway, I'll have a look to see if I can find a better solution...

Jean-Francois.

I'm using the mail button and a short or normal press will launch VL. How about my mail? I can't get my mail now until VL finishes the Voice Rec. I would say add a long press on the mail and calendar buttons. So a normal press will launch my mail and a long one will launch VL. And everybody happy now. I now other apps that do it without a problem. I cannot sacrify current funcionality just to use VL.

Al
    I'm using the mail button and a short or normal press will launch VL. How about my mail? I can't get my mail now until VL finishes the Voice Rec. I would say add a long press on the mail and calendar buttons. So a normal press will launch my mail and a long one will launch VL. And everybody happy now. I now other apps that do it without a problem. I cannot sacrify current funcionality just to use VL.

Al
    For the moment long press works for 5-way center button and hard4 (screen power on button). If you select these keys in VL's preferences and press a long time it will launch VL... Best key is certainly hard4: it turns your treo on, removes keyguard and launch voice recognition, all in only 1 (long) press.

Jean-Francois.

update: done, will be available in next release...
    Last edited by JFMw; 02/08/2005 at 06:40 AM.

Al
    0.9.19 now available at mytreo.net
    Cheers, Jean-Francois.

Note: dunno if it will work for "Side Button" on Treo650, please let me know...
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by JFMw
    0.9.19 now available at mytreo.net
    Cheers, Jean-Francois.

Note: dunno if it will work for "Side Button" on Treo650, please let me know...
    Jean-Francois,

Great Job..! Kudos! The keys are now configured to do a long press keeping the original functionality. However, the side button doesn't work.

I have a few questions about the Application scripting feature:
    I'm using SplashID 3.22 and I have set it up as:
    right right center "password" down center
    There seems to be a bug on the password string because the password shows an extra character at the beginning. It brings the square character []

Also, if I move the application to the SD card applicaiton scripting doesn't work.

I hope this helps,

Al
  7.    #7  
    Jean-Francois,

There is a serious BUG with VL that I've been having for almost a week. I've been blaming TreoGuard for doing it and even telling the developer that there is a bug. However, the developer could not reproduce it. Let me explain:
    Case 1:
    TreoGuard has a screen off after X minutes. Everything was fine, but after I turn on the speakerphone and the screen went off SpeakerPhone was disabled. Even if I tried to enable it it would go back to disable when TreoGuard turns off the screen. I disable VL and made a soft reset and everything went fine.

Case 2:
    When VL is enable playing MP3s with headphones sounds very low. Even the on the speaker sounds bad.

I'm putting VL to a rest until it gets fixed. Also, the recognition seems to be marginal when it is used outdoors.

Al
    Last edited by TreoRock; 02/09/2005 at 06:30 PM.
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    Agreed - I fiddled with it for a while, then gave up - not worth the time. IMO, VL is just not ready for Prime Time.
    Quote Originally Posted by amell
    Agreed - I fiddled with it for a while, then gave up - not worth the time. IMO, VL is just not ready for Prime Time.
    You might want to give voice dialer PRO a try. It has support for the side button and is easier to use than voice launcher.

www.groverind.com
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
  10.    #10  
    I don't want to exagerate on the bugs that this app has but I believe there are more bugs that do not stop by just disabled the app. YOU NEED TO DO A SOFT RESET TO GET RID OF THE BUGS. It seems like this program runs on the background even though it is not running. And that leads me to:

Case 3
    VL stops snappermail auto fetch from running. Snappermail checks if other programs are running before fetching mail. Ex: If Pocket Tunes is playing music or you are taking a call it won't launch. And that is fine, but if VL is running something in the background idle waiting for a command then that is not OK.

It is funny that all this time I never thought VL would cause so much problems been a Treo especific program. This is it for me with VL. Now, I need to ask for a refund, becuase I'm not doing any more unpaid beta testing for VL.

Al