1.    #1  
    Hi all,

Was a TH-55 lover before getting the new Treo 650 w/ all the bells any whistles. this is a awesome device and despite having it only a few days, i have it almost fully milked of it's capabilities. ie. Bluetooth hotsync et al.

However, the only thing I can't seem to get working is Cingular's Dial-up Networking option. I have downloaded shadowmite's DUN hack and have followed the step-by-step. But despite all my efforts, it seems to fail.

Specs: I am using a Treo 650 bluetooth via Cingular with a 3Com bluetooth USB interface. Hotsync works, through the serial host and bluetooth DUN is active. When I enable DUN on the phone, my BT connection manager recognizes it. I created a new connection and it finds the DUN client. I even got it up to the point where it (Cingular's Connection Manager) recognizes the DUN client. So when I hit "connect", it humms along for a bit and then tells me: "Error with PPP 734" (all the way up to "authorizing")..."

Can anyone give me a hand w/ this?
    Ever figure this out?
    Quote Originally Posted by topper0
    Hi all,

Was a TH-55 lover before getting the new Treo 650 w/ all the bells any whistles. this is a awesome device and despite having it only a few days, i have it almost fully milked of it's capabilities. ie. Bluetooth hotsync et al.

However, the only thing I can't seem to get working is Cingular's Dial-up Networking option. I have downloaded shadowmite's DUN hack and have followed the step-by-step. But despite all my efforts, it seems to fail.

Specs: I am using a Treo 650 bluetooth via Cingular with a 3Com bluetooth USB interface. Hotsync works, through the serial host and bluetooth DUN is active. When I enable DUN on the phone, my BT connection manager recognizes it. I created a new connection and it finds the DUN client. I even got it up to the point where it (Cingular's Connection Manager) recognizes the DUN client. So when I hit "connect", it humms along for a bit and then tells me: "Error with PPP 734" (all the way up to "authorizing")..."

Can anyone give me a hand w/ this?
    I just tried the "shadowmite" GSM hack for DUN.

When I try to enable DUN in the BT menu:

change "Dial-up Networking" to "on"

I get an error:

"TransLibOpen err 0x740F"

Anyone else with a Cingular Treo 650 which has DUN running with the hack?

Has Cingular released an update, that allows DUN?
    Just remember Chimpanzee, I'm top banana here!
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by chimpanzee
    "TransLibOpen err 0x740F"
    Hey Chimp,

This place is starting to remind me of Planet of the Apes. Insertion is the Mad Monkey.

Oh, and by the way, there's a search function in the top toolbar:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/se...archid=1855591

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...pen#post539558
    -->BtDUN pre- and post- SprintPCS update 1.12 paired to PC and PPC.
    Darth_Maul -- a dark attacker, trained in the Jedi arts.