1.    #1  
    Appreciate the help! Need one that can withstand a fall from my mountain bike in the muddy woods.
    Tony
    Depending on how useful you want it to be in the case, the ultimate protection would be an otterbox.

http://www.otterbox.com/
    I have used a case like this from Otterbox for years: http://www.otterbox.com/product.cfm?product=133&code=NA

I have used it while canoeing down rivers and tromping through the jungles in South America with my Treo stuffed in my pack. The fit seemed a bit loose inside at first, so I just glued part of a mousepad inside to make a tighter fit for the Treo.

No chance of the Treo getting crushed or wet when inside of the Otterbox.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Global Posts
    586 Global Posts
    there's also an accessory that allows you to mount the 'box on your handlebars - though why anyone would want to is beyond me :-)
    Vince
    Former long term user of the Treo line, then on to the HTC 8125/8525. Now I have graduated to the iPhone. For the first time since getting my first Treo 600, I am not constantly scanning the web looking for a better converged device.
    The Treocentral store also sells the Otterbox case for the 650:

http://store.treocentral.com/content.../4-23--176.htm

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    My wife has a vacuum sealer (Black and Decker) that I plan to try this summer when I am at the beach or on the boat.

Has anyone tried it yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by vinman
    there's also an accessory that allows you to mount the 'box on your handlebars - though why anyone would want to is beyond me :-)
    Vince
    gps on your bike ?
    1 | 2
  8.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by drrjv
    My wife has a vacuum sealer (Black and Decker) that I plan to try this summer when I am at the beach or on the boat.

Has anyone tried it yet?
    That sounds like a great solution. To all, thank you for the good advice, and to one gentleman, I have a GPS on my mountain bike. It's great. I can download the data like speed, track, and compare that data to my heart rate monitor and altimeter to really improve the quality of my workout. Not only that, but I don't get lost when I go deep in the woods down here. Our national and state parks are big. Besides, heh, I'm a gadget freak; let's get to the real issue!
    Tony
    Global Posts
    586 Global Posts
    Regarding the bike thing...
    I dunno, I've gotten lost more than once on my mountain bike, but when I crash, I usually go big. Last big crash I had, I broke my heart rate monitor, cyclocomputer, my left shifter/lever (XTR), my sunglasses, oh yeah - and my left scapula! Plus, I'm a huge weight junkie on my bike. Klein hardtail - 22lbs even. This is on a nine year old frame! Don't want gps bad enough to carry the extra weight - I don't mind getting lost that badly ;-) oh, and I don't thing that even if the otter would have survived my last wreck, the phone would have survived the impact...
    Vince