Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I have to say I like the old chatteremail.com site better. I can't do an over the air upgrade anymore with the new site. On the old site, I can download the chatter upgrade zip file into Handzipperlite, unzip, install and run the new version just like that. It was awesome!

On the new cheatteremail.com site, I get: "your device does not support this file type. Do you want to download to card?" I download it to the card but could not unzip it with Handzipperlite, which does not see fileon card.

Marc, anything you can do to make your new site download like before?
  2.    #22  
    You can download directly from http://www.chatteremail.com/Downloads/CEUpdate.zip, can't you? There shouldn't be any difference...

Marc
    Quote Originally Posted by mblank
    You can download directly from http://www.chatteremail.com/Downloads/CEUpdate.zip, can't you? There shouldn't be any difference...
    Marc,

When done from a Treo (at least from my Treo) it appears to pull up a cached version of the file from February 3. I tried clearing the Blazer cache but to no avail. I thought my Treo was screwing up but it seems that others are having the same problem.

Works fine from a PC.

Jesse
    Marc.... this is an apparent problem with Blazer. Webviewer pulls up the correct site. It sure was handy to be able to download OTA.

How do we convince Blazer to update? Is it a Blazer proxy? (I _don't have the proxy set, so that's a bit confusing!)
    I think this may be related to problems with a virtual domain. I did an address lookup on chatteremail.com and it came up as 216.27.140.111, but when I go to http://216.27.140.111 I get a message that "Gadgetsman" will be back on February 31 [SIC] ?!?!
    larry - You need to use the "Reset Phone / Upgrade" command in Chatter before HotSyncing the new files.

Marc
    My bad, thanks!
    Well, there is apparently a difference. http://www.chatteremail.com/Downloads/CEUpdate.zip works with OTA update to my 650 but not the new site. I'll try again to confirm.

Marc
    I'm still having problems accessing the Downloads folder on chatteremail.com from my Treo 600 (Verizon using Blazer). Very occasionally (like once in 20 tries) I get the correct site with the updated files, but most of the time I get the old one with files from February 3 (see below). I don't notice any pattern that suggests why it works only once in a while. It's definitely strange behavior, as it works fine from a PC and have heard reports that it also works from other Treo browsers (Xiino, WebPro). Is the website on a new server or something? Maybe it would help to take the old files offline, if they're still lurking somewhere? BTW I am not using a proxy - maybe that is the difference, as I believe Xiino and WebPro do?

FYI, here are the contents of the cached directory that I'm still getting in Blazer:

10b18dot7.zip ...... 26-Jan-2005 10:57, 151k
    CEUpdate.zip ....... 03-Feb-2005 10:26, 156k
    Chatter.prc ........ 03-Feb-2005 10:27, 292k
    ChatterEmail.doc ... 02-Feb-2005 15:01, 551k
    ChatterEmail.zip ... 03-Feb-2005 10:28, 512k
    ChatterExg.prc ..... 03-Feb-2005 10:23, 25k
    ChatterUtils.prc ... 03-Feb-2005 10:25, 38k
  9.    #29  
    I'd clear the cache, at least. All the files moved to a new host, but there seems to be no trouble on TMO and Sprint (the ones I can test).

Marc
    I'd clear the cache, at least. All the files moved to a new host, but there seems to be no trouble on TMO and Sprint (the ones I can test).
    That was the first thing I tried. I was having trouble again this morning but for now it appears to have cleared itself up!

Update, 5:30 pm: We're back to the old site again. Freaky.
    Last edited by jberman; 02/09/2005 at 04:36 PM.
    Marc, great work. If I were you I would charge at least whatever snappermail charges for their "enterprise" edition. I think it's something like 50 bucks. Considering blackberry plans are 40 bucks a month, 50 bucks is a steal. Good luck with the release.
    I have Chatter 1.1 installed on my Sprint 650. I had about 6.5 MB free memory when I tried to send a Chatter message with a 5 MB video attachment (could not attach from SD, had to be in RAM). Chatter did the attachment conversion thing but the message was never sent. When I tried to open Zlauncher, 650 went into a continuous reset loop that cannot be stopped other than a hard reset. During the reset loop there was a popup that says free memory is critically low. What sucks with hard resets is there is no back up program that backs up and RESTORES EVERYTHING 100%. If you know of one please let me know.

My question is: Whose job it is to manage memory usage? Is it the user? Is the application? in this case Chatter. Or is it the Palm OS?
  13.    #33  
    newtreouser - My guess is that Chatter could do a better job. I'll put that on my list. BTW, an attachment will take about 1/3 more space in RAM than the attachment itself (due to encoding).

Marc
    Quote Originally Posted by newtreouser
    I... What sucks with hard resets is there is no back up program that backs up and RESTORES EVERYTHING 100%. If you know of one please let me know. ...
    backupman does everything except java on my 600
    backupman did everything for me on the 600 also, unfortunately not on the 650.

Quote Originally Posted by jaytee
    backupman does everything except java on my 600
    Thanks Marc, for your unrelenting effort to make Chatter the best e-mail client for the 600/ 650. Wait the minute, it is already the best.
    newtreouser - My guess is that Chatter could do a better job. I'll put that on my list. BTW, an attachment will take about 1/3 more space in RAM than the attachment itself (due to encoding).

Marc
    Quote Originally Posted by newtreouser
    What sucks with hard resets is there is no back up program that backs up and RESTORES EVERYTHING 100%. If you know of one please let me know.
    I've had great success with BackupBuddyVFS - it even remembered what tab of LauncherX I was on when I did the backup. Granted this is on a Treo 600 but I've heard reports that it works on 650s too.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12