Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Anyone see this on Engadget?
    http://www.engadget.com/entry/1234000637030517/

Apparently *#*#1234# and then pressing the D-button will sim unlock the phone. Anyone wantto give it a try?

derscott
    moderators, please hold this new poster down while we cane him repeatedly until he admits that he is kidding....
    ARGH!
    DO WE NEED ANOTHER THREAD ABOUT THIS AGAIN!?
    do a frickin search!
    treo 650: on my hand nya nya nya!
    duplicate threads with this info reportedly found.
    Better yet, plummel him with our useless CDMA units (KIDDING!)

Quote Originally Posted by OpenIntro
    moderators, please hold this new poster down while we cane him repeatedly until he admits that he is kidding....
    PIII,PIIIx,V,Vx,M505,M515,TT,T3,650,700p=>>iPhone
    There's more to life than technology....but not a whole lot more
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by OpenIntro

Hey, don't kill the messenger. I don't know if it will work..

derscott
    messenger should try searching first
    Global Posts
    451 Global Posts
    Ban Him!!!!
    Palm III -> Sony Clie 73V + Sony Ericsson 610 -> Sony Ericcson P900 -> Nokia 6600 + IPAQ 4150 -> Treo 650 -> BenQ P50 -> Motorola Q -> Treo 755p -> HTC Titan (Sprint Mogul)
  9.    #9  
    my bad. should have searched first instead of just scanning the forum titles.

apologies,
    derscott

PS: moderators, feel free to delete/lock/whatever this thread...
    ^^i'll forgive you
    Quote Originally Posted by derscott
    Hey, don't kill the messenger. I don't know if it will work..

derscott
    You would know, if you did a search....
    you guys are too fast....
    Quote Originally Posted by LewisL77
    you guys are too fast....
    this type of post?
    hell yeah!
    duplicate threads? ya right, this must be the 9th thread on the exact same thing...
    1 | 2
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    You guys really have to chill out on jumping on people for posting something that may have been discussed before. Not everyone reads the forums as much as some people here...hell, some of you guys never put down your computers and stop reading the forums (or so it would seem). Duplicate posts are annoying, sorta like the "who's with me?" threads, but sometimes people genuinely believe they have new information.

Maybe I am looking at this forum the wrong way. Is it an FAQ site? If so, I could understand the complaints. If it is a discussion forum, people might end up discussing things. Often in discussions people bring a topic up again, not knowing that it was discussed before they got there.

Now go ahead an flame me because I'm sure somebody has said this before too.
    Quote Originally Posted by derscott
    Anyone see this on Engadget?
    http://www.engadget.com/entry/1234000637030517/

Apparently *#*#1234# and then pressing the D-button will sim unlock the phone. Anyone wantto give it a try?

derscott
    and as you all know, this code does NOT unlock the subsidy code. You CANNOT drop a tmobile sim inside a cingular phone with this code.
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver5
    You guys really have to chill out on jumping on people for posting something that may have been discussed before. Not everyone reads the forums as much as some people here...hell, some of you guys never put down your computers and stop reading the forums (or so it would seem). Duplicate posts are annoying, sorta like the "who's with me?" threads, but sometimes people genuinely believe they have new information.

Maybe I am looking at this forum the wrong way. Is it an FAQ site? If so, I could understand the complaints. If it is a discussion forum, people might end up discussing things. Often in discussions people bring a topic up again, not knowing that it was discussed before they got there.

Now go ahead an flame me because I'm sure somebody has said this before too.

Yeah, apparently apologizing and asking for the thread to be locked/deleted doesn't do any good. Back to permanent lurker mode for me I guess..

cheers,
    derscott
    derscott...post away, we've all done it I do tend to point it out when I see it though. Doesn't mean I think I'm perfect at all. Far from it! Don't let me spoil your fun
    If there was ever a thread that needed moderator intervention....
    Yes, we've all done it....but when you are a new poster on a forum (and in this case he is a lurker) it should safely be assumed that you are not posting some amazing news that no one else has heard of. And in this case, the EXACT thread has been posted (similar title and all) no less than 87 times....so all it takes is a LITTLE examination and voila....

A Guide to Posting
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast