1.    #1  
    I was having a problem with my 650 in that I could *never* completely silence my system sounds. Even when I turned the sounds off in the preferences application, I would still get muted sounds on phone radio startup/shutdown, keyclicks, etc..... I just found why! The utility KeyCaps resets the system sounds to low behind the covers! As soon as I disabled the program and re-set my system sounds to OFF, all sounds disappeared!!!!!

Jeff
    Jeff, I'm looking forward to trying out phase 2 of Schedule Care as soon as it's functional. In the meantime, try out this version of keycaps, the author has updated it so that it now allows your system sounds to be fully off. Again, this is not something I have created, this was created by the original author. I had the same problem you mentioned on a Treo650, this version solves it.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Yes, I was wondering about that too. I installed KeyCaps recently and just realize I can no longer completly silence the Treo system sound. I guess I will have to choose between the two for now. It's a shame because I really like KeyCaps. Palm should provide that as a system setting.

Even before installing KeyCaps, I notice that from time to time my Treo would ignore my system setting and generate the beeps. I have to change the setting to another setting then change it back to no sound.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by paulsjmail
    Jeff, I'm looking forward to trying out phase 2 of Schedule Care as soon as it's functional. In the meantime, try out this version of keycaps, the author has updated it so that it now allows your system sounds to be fully off. Again, this is not something I have created, this was created by the original author. I had the same problem you mentioned on a Treo650, this version solves it.
    That's awesome! Thanks for the information. I should have found that on my own and made a more positive post that offered a solution rather than pointing out the problem.

Jeff
    It worked!
    It's now at http://www.geekandproud.net/software/keycaps650.php

I'm eagerly awaiting my 650 so I can make some improvements to KeyCaps that I've been planning...
    Units - Unit conversion for webOS!
    Treo 180->270->600->650->Blackberry Pearl->Palm Pre
    I am having serious issues w/ the 650 version of Keycaps and ZLauncher and Butler. I followed the direction carefully starting the one up first, etc, however when I'm in ZLauncher and hold-down a key that triggers an APP the entire thing restarts. If I disable Keycaps and leave butler enabled things work as advertised and I'm able to open apps up by holding down a key. If I disable Butler and ONLY enable Keycaps 650 my T650 still restarts...

Ideas?
    Thanks Dale
    I haven't used ZLauncher, so I have no idea. I'll take a look at it when I finally get my 650.
    Whatever you did it works on my 650 ..no more sound when it set to 'off' under the prefs. I didn't realize the program allowed double-clicking a key to bring up the alt symbol of that key..that's added bonus!
    I tried keycaps when I first go my Treo650. I noticed that when using it, I would have problems using Quickeys while in the Phone application. Sometimes, holding down the quickey would be ignored. "Yes I had the option to ignore keycaps in the phone application".

Anyone know if this is fixed?
    I am using updated vers..& yes.. it stiL occasionaLy doesn't ignore in phone app.. even when told to...
    not fixed!
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by metsfan
    I tried twice to install this on my Sprint 650 and it looked like it kept disappearing...

Hotsync log said:
    - Installed file: C:\Program Files\HandSpring\<user>\Install\KeyCaps650pre1.prc
    OK Install

But it didn't show up in LauncherX and I couldn't find it anywhere with FileZ either. Until I figured out that it replaced the old KeyCaps600, name, icon and all.

Perhaps to assist the slow learners like myself you could change the application and icon name to KeyCaps650.

ERic
    Quote Originally Posted by ERicJ
    I tried twice to install this on my Sprint 650 and it looked like it kept disappearing...

Hotsync log said:
    - Installed file: C:\Program Files\HandSpring\<user>\Install\KeyCaps650pre1.prc
    OK Install

But it didn't show up in LauncherX and I couldn't find it anywhere with FileZ either. Until I figured out that it replaced the old KeyCaps600, name, icon and all.

Perhaps to assist the slow learners like myself you could change the application and icon name to KeyCaps650.

ERic
    Probably a good idea. Sorry about that.
    metsfan,

Any chance of fixing the problem while using keycaps in the phone app? I'd really like to use Keycaps.. I tried it and uninstall because of this issue.
    metsfan--

How long til we can expect the new, full 650 version?

Thanks
    bump