Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 39 of 39
  1. #21  
    i'm not saying this is legit... this image is a jpg. anytime you compress an image as a jpg, you are going to have artifacts around text, and any image element that isn't the same as it's surroundings. that's basic jpg compression facts.

    those artifacts show nothing about the image being doctored. you'll also notice artifacts around the mail icon, the time, the date and the signal/battery meter area..
  2. #22  
    Don't everyone get their panties in a twizzle. He said in this thread (http://discuss.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=71833) that he had a connection at Cingular who had the unlock codes from Palm and they did it for him. 1 or 2 others here said that Cingular unlocked theirs as well. In another thread he said he bought a LOCKED Cingular version. His message didn't say that Palm One said he had the First Unlocked Treo , it said "I am the first person in their department to have a Cingular treo 650 unlocked...." There is a difference.


    Quote Originally Posted by The Truth
    I was told by the technical support team at palmOne that I am the first person in their department to have a Cingular treo 650 unlocked...




    ... its possible.
  3. #23  
    I agree, I am on the verge of getting mine unlocked as well. All I did was call in and tell them that I will be on International travel and they are emailing me the code. I do have a business account so that may make a difference.
    Treoseur
  4. #24  
    Cingular unlocked my phone today. I called 611 and asked for an unlock code. They transfered me to someone in data support who submitted a form. He was able to obtain an unlock code using a system called Snooper. It did not tell him how to enter the code so he asked for help from another department (don't know which department) I was contacted by someone by phone rather than email about an hour later. She had to contact PalmOne since Cingular could not locate the instructions in their office. Her instructions were clear and they worked perfectly. She stayed on the phone until I had entered everything to make sure it worked. I have used my Italian SIM and made calls with it today so I am sure it worked.

    With any SIM in the phone and the radio on.

    Press Dial (or the green phone button)
    Enter: *#*#your 8 digit unlock code# press dial.

    I got a message that said the SIM lock had been removed.

    Again it was *#*#00000000# Dial

    They were very pleasant about everything and prompt. No hassle at all. I purchased the phone at a Cingular store. I paid retail price. I have been a Cingular customer for 12 years, but have not had a contract for the past 4 years.
  5. #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhat3k1
    I agree, I am on the verge of getting mine unlocked as well. All I did was call in and tell them that I will be on International travel and they are emailing me the code. I do have a business account so that may make a difference.
    What number did you call to request the unlock code?
  6. #26  
    AT&T won't do it. They (ATT) said they don't have the codes and I should return the 650 to them and migrate to Cingular because they would unlock it. I'm not going to migrate but told them I won't keep the phone so they are sending me return form. I am going to return the phone at 30 days anyway while I wait for the VC unlocked model. So I have until March 2nd to play with this then it goes back. If they'd have unlocked it I'd have kept it. They'd rather take back a "used" phone then take the 10 seconds to get the unlock.
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterEd
    Don't everyone get their panties in a twizzle. He said in this thread (http://discuss.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=71833) that he had a connection at Cingular who had the unlock codes from Palm and they did it for him. 1 or 2 others here said that Cingular unlocked theirs as well. In another thread he said he bought a LOCKED Cingular version. His message didn't say that Palm One said he had the First Unlocked Treo , it said "I am the first person in their department to have a Cingular treo 650 unlocked...." There is a difference.
    Nice try inch-high private I. The reason why my words sounded so obscure to you was because it took a combined effort on the part of Cingular tech support AND palmOne to have the phone unlocked. Read JCatan's post. palmOne WILL NOT supply you with the unlock code however Cingular (the ones that CAN supply the code) does not or did not know how to enter the code. Thus, it was palmOne tech support who eventually figured out the *#*#-------# sequence.

    In my opinion the hastle of obtaining the code was well worth the amount of money I saved versus buying one already unlocked. I paid well under $500 for my Cingular treo and was able to get it unlocked within a week. Thats faster than what the unlocked treo 650's are shipping at currently. Good luck.
  8. #28  
    The words didn't sound obscure to me at all. I knew exactly what you were saying. In fact, I was agreeing with you. The message may have been (or was) interpreted wrong by some who thought you already purchased an unlocked model rather then had one unlocked (which you had). I believe you're the king, only second to The Creator Him/herself you don't have to convince me with your snide remarks. I now bow towards the south-east.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Truth
    The reason why my words sounded so obscure to you was because it took a combined effort on the part of Cingular tech support AND palmOne to have the phone unlocked.
  9. #29  
    Just post the actual code. That would resolve that question real quick.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Truth
    Haha its amusing to see what kind of feedback this thread would get however I was well aware of the type of attention it would catch.

    First off.. Im not being tight-lipped about anything. I have quite a life outside the treocentral forums (no disrespect to anyone) and although I would love to be connected via WiFi 24 hours a day I am unfortunately limited to the time I spend in front of my Mac.

    Second.. LewisL77 is right. Anyone with good social skills can get this unlock code. Its not rocket science. The main character in "Catch Me if You Can" was able to convince an entire hospital that he was a doctor, I dont see why getting an unlock code would be anymore difficult. (And please dont call Cingular telling them how "The Truth" was able to unlock his phone so why cant you, it takes more effort than that)

    Third.. it definately is not photoshopped. But I had a feeling someone would try to make that argument. Truth is im not tech savvy like a lot of people on these forums and I dont know how to post a decent picture from my hard disk onto a thread like this so I simply upload a photo onto a temporary hosting site and make a link to it on the post. It works but it kills the quality of the photo quite a bit.

    And finally, regarding the actual code. Bad news is I had to give them my IMEI number in order for them to obtain a code for me, so theres a good chance that the code I was given was unique to my handset. Good news is, the code was given to me immediately after I submitted my IMEI so maybe it was just a way to ID the handset for security purposes. If anyone knows more about this please let me know.
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Truth
    In my opinion the hastle of obtaining the code was well worth the amount of money I saved versus buying one already unlocked. I paid well under $500 for my Cingular treo and was able to get it unlocked within a week. Thats faster than what the unlocked treo 650's are shipping at currently. Good luck.
    Yes, but how is DUN working for you?
  11. #31  
    In my opinion the hastle of obtaining the code was well worth the amount of money I saved versus buying one already unlocked. I paid well under $500 for my Cingular treo and was able to get it unlocked within a week. Thats faster than what the unlocked treo 650's are shipping at currently. Good luck.
    Unlocking a Cingular phone will only let you put another SIM in there. Being a Cingular phone one assumes it was bought with a Cingular plan, so you are already hooked on a carrier. And, all the custom Cingular stuff will still be there.

    So, for those of us who just can't make it to Europe in the next 2 years we'll just have to "put up" with our lowly little locked phones until the Treo 800 comes out in 1 year and we will most likely be upgrading it anyway....
  12. #32  
    And finally, regarding the actual code. Bad news is I had to give them my IMEI number in order for them to obtain a code for me, so theres a good chance that the code I was given was unique to my handset. Good news is, the code was given to me immediately after I submitted my IMEI so maybe it was just a way to ID the handset for security purposes. If anyone knows more about this please let me know.
    it most definitely is unique to your handset. the individual that provided you with the subsidy unlock code either typed in your imei as your read it off to him/her or already had it generated using the imei listed under your account info. either way, your code won't work for anyone else. don't bother posting it.
    Nokia 3585 > Moto i60c > Moto i90c > SK Color > Nokia 6820 > Nokia 6230 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > BB 7100 > BB 7105 > BB Pearl > Treo 755p > Treo 800w
  13. #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by ZBoater
    Unlocking a Cingular phone will only let you put another SIM in there. Being a Cingular phone one assumes it was bought with a Cingular plan, so you are already hooked on a carrier. And, all the custom Cingular stuff will still be there.

    So, for those of us who just can't make it to Europe in the next 2 years we'll just have to "put up" with our lowly little locked phones until the Treo 800 comes out in 1 year and we will most likely be upgrading it anyway....
    you can purchase a locked cingular 650 without a contract. you'll pay more for the handset, though. probably about as much as the unlocked p1 version. but you certainly don't have to tie into a contract. which is perfect for cingular users who are either A) already in a contract or 2) want to stay out of contract, but still want the 650.
    Nokia 3585 > Moto i60c > Moto i90c > SK Color > Nokia 6820 > Nokia 6230 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > BB 7100 > BB 7105 > BB Pearl > Treo 755p > Treo 800w
  14. #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by b0tes
    you can purchase a locked cingular 650 without a contract. you'll pay more for the handset, though. probably about as much as the unlocked p1 version. but you certainly don't have to tie into a contract. which is perfect for cingular users who are either A) already in a contract or 2) want to stay out of contract, but still want the 650.
    Yup, "B" for me. $549. Not quite the $699 now asked by PalmOne.
  15. #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by reguy
    Yup, "B" for me. $549. Not quite the $699 now asked by PalmOne.
    well keep in mind too that you can still order the unlocked 650 through the palm website for $599 by asking for the click-->"original price appeasement"<--click offer
    Nokia 3585 > Moto i60c > Moto i90c > SK Color > Nokia 6820 > Nokia 6230 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > BB 7100 > BB 7105 > BB Pearl > Treo 755p > Treo 800w
  16. #36  
    Actually,

    Order Number:
    050201-2102xx
    Order Date:
    2/01/2005 09:40:25 PM
    Order Status: Back Ordered

    Cing-o's going back as soon as it's in.
  17. #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by JHETZEL
    Please share the the unlock process... BTW, is that a real voicemail indicator on the screen and does it show unheard T-Mobile voicemail??? I thought T-Mobile did not support that (but very cool if they do on the 650).

    Actually T-Mo is in the proccess of eliminating SMS messages for Voicemail and going with the Icon. It is about time but I got a system voicemail a few days ago saying we should see the upgrade in the next couple of weeks. Now if they would just get the T650!
  18. #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by b0tes
    well keep in mind too that you can still order the unlocked 650 through the palm website for $599 by asking for the click-->"original price appeasement"<--click offer

    Huh? They will still accept orders for $599?

    - E44
  19. #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by jcatan
    Press Dial (or the green phone button)
    Enter: *#*#your 8 digit unlock code# press dial.

    I got a message that said the SIM lock had been removed.

    Again it was *#*#00000000# Dial
    I'm not clear on this. Don't they give you two sets of numbers for the SIM unllock and one set for the subsidy unlock?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions