1.    #1  
    Ok so I want to keep the ranting to a minimum here but I feel like I need to write about my experience with Cingular in case anyone else is thinking of choosing them.

First of all I am a verizon customer, I have been for many years. I decided about a week ago that they were not moving fast enough with releasing new phones (specifically the 650) and I would try a switch to Cingular.

So I went to my local Cingular store and asked for a 650. She said that they had them but she would have to go to another store to pick it up. (lie #1) BUT she wanted me to sign up then for the account. Of course I refused and told her to get the phone first... She said she would call me in a few hours so I could come get it. (lie #2) .. When she didn't call I called her back...and she claimed that she was mistaken and only had 600's. She then said that the 600 was the same product (cmon lie #3).. When I called her out on that she continued to try to sell me a Blackberry..

Anyway I gave up on her and called another Cingular store. They claimed they had 5 in stock. I drive there...35 miles..guess what no treo (lie #4)..

So now I'm getting pissed.. but I decide to just call a CSR and order it by phone. Again she claimed they had it in stock and could get it to me in 3 days. She also told me that I had an unlimited Media works plan on the account (lie #5 & #6) It turns out that they dont have any left.. It is currently on backorder.. and I am on the MW 3MB plan for 19.99 !!!!

So my advice to anyone thinking of opening an account with Cingular. .. they will lie.. they will try to screw you.. BEWARE!
    what city are you in? cingular reps cant tell a 650 from a bowl of tobaso sauce. Try you nearest palmone store. i got one easy in atlanta with zero stress.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by makrotonik
    what city are you in? cingular reps cant tell a 650 from a bowl of tobaso sauce. Try you nearest palmone store. i got one easy in atlanta with zero stress.
    I'm in New York City.. I don't mind their ignorance really.. I understand that these people are just trying to make sales.. But I feel like they will say anything and outright lie just to get you locked in for that 2 years... Thanks for the info on PalmOne.. I will try that..
    Thats why I rather order from the website. The less human interaction, the better.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by ZBoater
    Thats why I rather order from the website. The less human interaction, the better.
    I agree... BUT I wanted an answer on the MW plan and the shipping time.

As it turns out I got wrong answers on BOTH ... Guess the web is still better.
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    where in Atl is there a palmone store??
    Not the airport thing behind security is it??