1.    #1  
    I have noticed that the mail notification icon on the Treo 650's main phone screen doesn't work with ChatterEmail. Are there any plans to get this to work?

I've come to rely on it as a visual clue that I have unread e-mails. Sometimes I will acknowledge an incoming e-mail, but won't read it until I finish what I'm doing. It would be nice if the icon worked.

I've seen it appear briefly sometimes after a reset (when I've upgraded Chatter to a new version), but then it will disappear if I go to either Chatter (or any other app) and return to the phone screen...even if I didn't read the new e-mail.

Anyone else notice this?
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
    It works, basically. The problem is that I can't figure out how to get the Phone app to update. So, for example, if you get an email and you're in phone, the indication will appear if you leave and then return to the phone app, or scroll down and then back up. I'm sure there's a way to do this, but PalmOne isn't interested in helping.

Marc
  3.    #3  
    I see what you're saying. I can get the icon to appear after a new e-mail comes in (if I leave the phone screen by going to my launcher and then come back). If I remain in the phone screen, my carrier information disappears and the icon never appears (as if the screen never finishes redrawing).

Unfortunately, if I go into Chatter (don't read anything...just enter the app) and then return to the phone screen, the icon disappears, even though there are still unread messages.

It's unfortunate that PalmOne/Source don't have better documentation on those APIs. Thanks for the reply. At least I know it's something that you've worked on.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    I'm having a similar problem. I can't get Agendus (or Today, the freeware program) to display a correct number of unread messages (on the Day-view). It always says zero, even when I have unread messages. Does anyone know a workaround for this?
    inspector - I just had a nice conversation with an old friend who happens (I didn't know it until yesterday) to be one of the top people at PalmOne. With any luck, it may open some doors into tech support...

Marc
  6.    #6  
    Cool. Thanks for the update, Marc.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint