1.    #1  
    Well I'm in need of some help. I'm a 24yo sales rep who also goes to school part time. I have one of those urges to get myself a new toy and the Treo 650 looks really interesting. While it would help me if I could check my work e-mails and respond while in class or traveling, it's not very critical and I could always hit up the closest pc to check up. So I'm guessing my usage would be 80% personal, 20% business.

How does the 650 work as a primary phone? I do not have a land line, just use my cell.

I've been reading alot of posts about problems with the 650 (as well as other posts from people who just love their 650). The main reason that I want the 650 over the 600 is the speed of the processor. For people that have had both, is there really a noticeable difference between them?

Also the websites I would be using alot would be TechData and Ingram Micro. Would both these sites display about the same on the phones? Or would the 650 be easier to navigate on?
    Once you see the screen of the 650 compared to the 600, it will be a no brainer. The 650 is simply amazing to see. Phone service will depend on which carrier provides the better service where you live. In Tampa, AT&T/Cingular is much stronger than Sprint where I live. In other areas its the reverse. If you currently have a phone and are happy with the service provider, you should get as good a phone service with the 650.

Also, don't be discouraged by all the bad things you read here. Remember that this is a forum where most of the people who come are looking for answers to a problem they are having. Posters in this forums only represent a tiny fraction of Treo owners worldwide. You will notice that many of the problems with the phones are caused by 3rd party apps or by upgrading from older Palms and not doing a clean install. Yes, there are defective 650s out there, so your carrier should exchange it if you get one with no problems.

Good luck!
    Get the 650. Screen alone is worth it. 600s have a terrible reputation for breaking down. Treo 650 has some problems, but rate of failure seems to be less. It is fine as a primary phone. Dump the land line. I have. I've found that once I worked the kinks out of the 650, it runs well.

Make sure you get some sort of discount when you buy. You should qualify for $150 savings if your a new customer or a customer that's been going for over 18 months (at sprint at least)
  4.    #4  
    I'm currently going through Cingular and my contract is expiring in a April. I'll probably just stick with them since I've been happy with my coverage area and the rollover minutes are nice. Just not happy about the data service premium over sprint

Anyone else stay with Cingular and just get a new phone? What type of discounts were you able to get?
    I was with ATTWS and moved over to Cingular. I bought it at Cingular.com and paid $449 and there is a $50 rebate (rebate form updated to extend date is online now). I also chose MediaWorks unlimited for $19.99, but hurry, the MediaNet plans will change on Feb 14 and unlimited will go up to $24.99.
    get the 650
    treo 650: on my hand nya nya nya!
    If the choice is only between the 600 and the 650 I would recommend the 650 for obvious reasons, including screen res.
  8.    #8  
    Do you have any other recommendations for another device that can browse web pages (primarly www.techdata.com, and www.ingrammicro.com) and check e-mail on the go? I was thinking about getting a tungsten C but you need to be on a wireless network to be online. I also would like to have a full keyboard instead of trying to type messages using the number keys.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZBoater
    so your carrier should exchange it if you get one with no problems.

That's kinda funny........
    eh eheheheh... if you get one with no problems HANG ON TO IT FOR DEAR LIFE!!!

it should day "so your carrier should exchange it with no problems if you get one (defective)"

Sometimes my fingers are faster than my brain. SCARY
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerm
    Do you have any other recommendations for another device that can browse web pages (primarly www.techdata.com, and www.ingrammicro.com) and check e-mail on the go? I was thinking about getting a tungsten C but you need to be on a wireless network to be online. I also would like to have a full keyboard instead of trying to type messages using the number keys.
    I use a PPC6601 with Sprint, and I can do all that and much more. You can get a wealth of info on the PPC6600/6601 (sprint) or XV6600 (Verizon) or SX66 (Cingular) by reading user posts here:

http://www.pdaphonehome.com/forums/f...s=&forumid=168
    get a T650. The important question isn't what you can do with it. You'll be happy with what you can do with it. The question is whether you're willing to invest small bits of time on an ongoing basis doing the things you need to do to keep it working properly (software additions, dealing with flaky new software when it comes out, occasional problems, learning tips and tricks, etc.). This is true about all Smartphones. They're about convenience and fun, but not necessarily about saving time. If you don't have some interest and patience, don't get one. I personally don't mind the little bit of extra time spent at my desk and enjoy the convenience when I'm out and about. The Treo is the best combination of small size and ease of use currently available. It's all about keyboards and one-handed use.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerm
    Well I'm in need of some help. I'm a 24yo sales rep who also goes to school part time. I have one of those urges to get myself a new toy and the Treo 650 looks really interesting. While it would help me if I could check my work e-mails and respond while in class or traveling, it's not very critical and I could always hit up the closest pc to check up. So I'm guessing my usage would be 80% personal, 20% business.

How does the 650 work as a primary phone? I do not have a land line, just use my cell.

I've been reading alot of posts about problems with the 650 (as well as other posts from people who just love their 650). The main reason that I want the 650 over the 600 is the speed of the processor. For people that have had both, is there really a noticeable difference between them?

Also the websites I would be using alot would be TechData and Ingram Micro. Would both these sites display about the same on the phones? Or would the 650 be easier to navigate on?
    The best thing to do is not get involved at all. It's like a drug, once you get hooked by the gadget bug you can never go back without upgrading at least once a year (sometimes more often) just to stay with the trend. So I would recommend the free phone carriers provide, and a good leather bound dayplanner.

*just joking, get the 650, the BT is a must.