1.    #1  
    First a mightly thanks to all to share information regarding the Treo. If it were not for this group, I would have returned it already. If nothing else, Sprint and PalmOne should sponser this site.

I was hoping someone might have knowledge on a problem I have. I've enabled the DUN ROM fix and can successfully connect and surf web pages. I would like to use Outlook to connect to my Comcast POP account. I'm getting a timeout error when trying to connect with mail.comcast.net. I can successfully ping mail.comcast.net and smtp.comcast.net.

Could this be a proxy issue? Would I be better served by using PDAnet or would it have the same limitations?

Thanks in advance.....Randy
    You should have no problem getting mail but sending could be a problem due to authentication. Is that the issue? You need to set Outlook on your PC to authenticate under advanced since you aren't on Comcast's network when you send mail and your SMTP server will fail authentication.

You also might need to set your TIMEOUT much higher in the ADVANCED TAB of Outlook mail account settings because your new connection is about 1000x slower then your existing connection and before the mail starts coming down Outlook will timeout. Thinking about it, that's probably your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by chilidip
    First a mightly thanks to all to share information regarding the Treo. If it were not for this group, I would have returned it already. If nothing else, Sprint and PalmOne should sponser this site.

I was hoping someone might have knowledge on a problem I have. I've enabled the DUN ROM fix and can successfully connect and surf web pages. I would like to use Outlook to connect to my Comcast POP account. I'm getting a timeout error when trying to connect with mail.comcast.net. I can successfully ping mail.comcast.net and smtp.comcast.net.

Could this be a proxy issue? Would I be better served by using PDAnet or would it have the same limitations?

Thanks in advance.....Randy