1.    #1  
    Does anyone know of an app that will disable the keyboard when receiving a call? TreoGuard can disable most of the keyboard, but if I want to re-enable the keyboard during the call, I can't. The problem is I have Piel Frama case which had a flip cover. Nice case, but when it is closed, buttons press by themselves. So, I can disable the keys with Treoguard. However, if I want to take a note or something during the call, I can't with the keyboard disabled. If there isn't any app out there, this should be an easy one for you sharp developers out there. I'm sure plenty of 650 owners are in the same boat as I am.
    Maybe the developer of TreoGuard can add a feature to re-enable the keyboard after the call is answered?
  3.    #3  
    That would solve my problem. And the sure to be problems of others! It isn't the whole keyboard that is problematic. Just some of the keys on the outside especially the space key and alt key.
    Quote Originally Posted by sndtubes
    Does anyone know of an app that will disable the keyboard when receiving a call? TreoGuard can disable most of the keyboard, but if I want to re-enable the keyboard during the call, I can't. The problem is I have Piel Frama case which had a flip cover. Nice case, but when it is closed, buttons press by themselves. So, I can disable the keys with Treoguard. However, if I want to take a note or something during the call, I can't with the keyboard disabled. If there isn't any app out there, this should be an easy one for you sharp developers out there. I'm sure plenty of 650 owners are in the same boat as I am.
    sndtubes,

Which version of TreoGuard are you using? Also, do you have a Treo 600 or Treo 650? Current versions of TreoGuard should allow use of the keyboard during calls on either phone.

Let me know if I can help.

Geoff
    www.geakware.com or mobile.geakware.com - Software for your Treo 600/650.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZBoater
    Maybe the developer of TreoGuard can add a feature to re-enable the keyboard after the call is answered?
    Or maybe I can test out the feature before posting.

It works on mine - keyboard is disable while the phone is ringing. Once I answer, i can go to any app (like contacts, calendar or memo) and they keyboard works.

TreoGuard ROCKS!!!
    keepoff works pretty good too, and it's free.
  7.    #7  
    Well, I have the latest version of TreoGuard. It seems to me that when I disabled the keys, then, during a call they wouldn't work. I had to uncheck the keys and call the guy back to take his order. I'll try it again..... Will Keepoff disable the keys and allow you to re-enable them somehow? thanks for everyone's help.
    What I did is answer the phone (with speakerphone, of course, cause its hard to dial with the phone to your ear ) and then I hit the home key, chose the memo app, and created a memo. They keys worked fine. When the phone rang I hit they keys and none answered the phone (as its supposed to do).
    ScreenCare is your solution for this and more.... A summary of the call related features:

• Blank the screen during the call *and* still be able to adjust the volume with the volume keys
    • 4 locking options:
      • keyboard lock
      • hard button lock
      • screen touch lock
      • double screen tap to wake up screensaver
    • Headset detection so locking only happens when using a BT headset or a wired headset
    This program will allow you to start a call and mash as many keys or buttons as you like and still not affect the call. Will also blank out your screen to save battery power and reduce the glare from your bright screen. So you can be descrete when using your phone in dark places.

ScreenCare can be found here at TreoCentral in my Developer's Area or on my downloads page at GoTreoSoftware

Hope this help and I also hope you enjoy the reset of the fun features in ScreenCare. (Oh the same functions that work on the phone application also work for pTunes).

Jeff
  10.    #10  
    Thanks Jeff, Can you lock and unlock the keyboard at will?
    Thanks Jeff, Can you lock and unlock the keyboard at will?
    Whenever the screensaver kicks in the keyboard will lock. Then when you wake up the screensaver the keyboard will unlock.

You can wake up the screensaver in several ways:

• Screen Touch
    • Double screen touch
    • hard button
    • headset button
    All depends on how you have ScreenCare configured. I made it as flexable as possible.

Remember ScreenCare works in 2 modes:
    • Normal screensaver mode
    • Phone screensaver mode
    Each mode has a separate timeout value. So for calls I use a 15 second timeout and for normal screensaver mode I use a 2 minute timeout.

It is really a very cool program that has many uses.

Hope you enjoy it.....

Jeff