1.    #1  
    Can anyone help me with software they have had success with regarding outside mail such as yahoo. I travel alot and bought the Visor to retrive e-mails from the road, since my archaic MIS department uses Novell which doesn't support Palm applications at this time.

Thanks in advance.
    I believe that the standard Mail application, which is included on the Palm Desktop CD-ROM, will allow you to download messages from an Internet mail server, such as Yahoo. Don't really have much expertise in this though, having never done it.

------------------
    Raphael
    I'm afraid the built-in mail application will not conect to an ISP and download mail.

System Engineering Service sells a product called "PaPi-Mail" (Look for it on PalmGear -- wish I could give you the URL for the product but unfortunately they're down right now) which supports POP3 Mail servers. I've used this fairly extensively with both the Palm Modem and Handspring's Visor springboard and have found it quite robust and easy to use once you understand how it's supposed to work. By "robust" I mean that I have not been able to kill this application. It's uncanny.

There's other products available as well, but since PaPi-Mail does everything I need it to, I haven't investigated these.
    i am using proximail from www.proxinet.com with my mindspring account. i'm not sure how yahoo mail works (i tried checking a friend's yahoo mail using both proxiweb and avantgo the other day by actually going to the website and both tries resulted with a screen saying that yahoo mail requires IE 4.0 or greater or Netscape something or other) so if you can figure out the mail server addresses from yahoo proximail should work. I KNOW there are people on this board that sync with yahoo mail...just need to find them.
    You can retrieve Yahoo mail via POP but you will need to sign up for their POP3 service. It's free, but you do agree to receive promotional email from them. You can opt to get this promo mail once a week. Actually, I don't even recall getting it that frequently so it's not really a bother. Hope this helps.
    Originally posted by Hoser_in_USA:
    i am using proximail from www.proxinet.com with my mindspring account. i'm not sure how yahoo mail works (i tried checking a friend's yahoo mail using both proxiweb and avantgo the other day by actually going to the website and both tries resulted with a screen saying that yahoo mail requires IE 4.0 or greater or Netscape something or other) so if you can figure out the mail server addresses from yahoo proximail should work. I KNOW there are people on this board that sync with yahoo mail...just need to find them.
    Actually, you do get that message using proxiweb, but it lets you into your account anyway once you've entered the password.
    Originally posted by bregent:
    Actually, you do get that message using proxiweb, but it lets you into your account anyway once you've entered the password.
    i guess i didn't scroll down to see if there was anything else on the page!

They also provide mail specially formatted for Palms at mobile.yahoo.com, as well as other services like news and such.