Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    From HOFO
    (http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...hreadid=562171) (cingular internal document):

MEdia Net (Wireless Internet)

MEdia Net Packages Included Msgs Add’l KB
    PPU n/a $.03/KB
    $2.99 No KBs $.02/KB
    $4.99 500 KBs $0.02/KB
    $9.99 3 MB $.01/KB
    $19.99 8 MB $.01/KB
    $24.99 UNL n/a

• All new & existing customers should be introduced to MEdia Net browsing
    • The new MEdia Net plans provide a variety of options for all customers
    • It’s simple - position the $4.99 package to new and occasional users of Media Net browsing
    • Media Net is available any handset and PDA device (not available on RIM or Data Card)

Promotions:
    • 1Q05 Promotion – Launch 2/11/05
    – Get 1st month unlimited wireless internet usage when you sign up for any MEdia Net package by 4/4/05

MEdia Packages
    • Up to 33% savings with MEdia packages (based on MEdia Basic Package)

MEdia Packages Included Msgs Overage
    MEdia Basic
    $9.99
    200 Text/IM Msgs $.10/msg
    40 MMS Msgs $.25/msg
    500KB MEdia Net $.02/KB
    MEdia Works
    $19.99 1000 Text/IM Msgs $.10/msg
    UNL MMS Msgs N/A
    3MB MEdia Net $.01/KB

Promotions*:
    • 1Q05 Promotion - Launch 2/11/05
    – Get unlimited MMS until 12/31/05 when you sign up for MEdia Basic between 2/11/05 and 4/4/05
    This seems to me that all existing customers on the 19.99 unlimited plan will be "introduced" to the 8MB limit unless they pay an extra $5 to get the unlimited plan. Am I reading this right?
    Global Posts
    805 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ZBoater
    This seems to me that all existing customers on the 19.99 unlimited plan will be "introduced" to the 8MB limit unless they pay an extra $5 to get the unlimited plan. Am I reading this right?
    My guess is existing users will be grandfathered and the contracts will stay good until you try and modify your plan even slightly.
    If you go to https://www.cingular.com/media/media_purchase you can see a chart there with "Media Works" and UNLIMITED Wireless Internet Express - What am I missing here? It's $19.99~
  5.    #5  
    It was assumed at HoFo that present users would be grandfathered as would present voice plan holders. Don't forget these plans are not effective until the 14th
    Well, my wife liked my 650 so much I bought her one last night and chose the MediaWorks unlimited. We'll see how that works out.
    You are missing the fact that it expires on Feb 14th (edit FEB 11th).
    Quote Originally Posted by steelers1
    If you go to https://www.cingular.com/media/media_purchase you can see a chart there with "Media Works" and UNLIMITED Wireless Internet Express - What am I missing here? It's $19.99~
    Last edited by MisterEd; 02/07/2005 at 12:34 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterEd
    You are missing the fact that it expires on Feb 14th.

yeah, writing... that's so funny that you think they can write!

Anyone else call in and have them say, "just a moment please....heh...computers...always slow..." yeah, that's b/c they're trying to operate the mouse like a TV Remote and b/c they're actually LOOKING FOR THE ANY KEY!
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    i literally just spoke to the cingular representative and was firmly confirmed that the 19.99 mediaworks plan includes the 1500 text, 200mms, and unlimited data.
    See my post #7 on http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=71513. According to Cingular tech support, people who have the Media plans with the Treo 650 and are using them thinking they are getting their Internet access included are going to be in for a big surprise when they get their first bill. Ouch.

- B.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    www.loveisearned.com<O</O
    Instant Messenger:<O</O
    AOL: brilovett, MSN: blovett@chicagogsb.edu, Yahoo: bm_lovett
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    yea but you were talking about:

"Any connection under Prefs/Networks (e.g., virtual modem, wireless dial-up, standard modem) will use the data side, yielding a bill of $0.01/KB.:

if you are tethering to your computer you could get charged extra but if your just using the phone itself to go online people have reported you will not get charged extra with the 650 and mediaworks unlimited
    My plan name is NATP 2000RUMMUNW. I know its national 2000 minutes, but whats all those other letter? I checked online and I have the Media Works Package and something called Media Works - WIX.
    Over and over and over ...... It does until that plan expires which is ~2/11. If you already have it you're grandfathered in, if not you pay $24.99 (or $39.99 for the "real" PDA PLAN depending on which ***** you speak with).
    Quote Originally Posted by boasist
    i literally just spoke to the cingular representative and was firmly confirmed that the 19.99 mediaworks plan includes the 1500 text, 200mms, and unlimited data.
    Quote Originally Posted by alee
    My guess is existing users will be grandfathered and the contracts will stay good until you try and modify your plan even slightly.
    It's strange that it says for MMS

"Existing customers (blue and orange) retain their current plans with no changes required. New plans effective for new and migrating customers on orange rate plans."

and yet for data it says

"All new & existing customers should be introduced to MEdia Net browsing"

that sounds fishy to me.

but whatever, worse case, 24.99 is not bad at all. better that 39.99

hehe I'm just bored waiting for my phone
    Most Cingular reps never even heard of the plan change on Feb 11. When I showed a rep a sales brochure saying that MEdia Works unlimited is good only for the 1st two months, and after that it will go to 3MB she said "Huh? I don't understand this at all.

In other words, you could get screwed. No one is immune. I don't believe this "grandfather" business because they reserve the right to do whatever they want, and you reserve the right to cancel if you don't like it.
    You are correct, they can do what they want. However I doubt that they want to open all their existing contracts to be cancellable without an ETF. I doubt they will want to do that. Any forced change in pricing would void an existing contract.
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyH
    Most Cingular reps never even heard of the plan change on Feb 11. When I showed a rep a sales brochure saying that MEdia Works unlimited is good only for the 1st two months, and after that it will go to 3MB she said "Huh? I don't understand this at all.

In other words, you could get screwed. No one is immune. I don't believe this "grandfather" business because they reserve the right to do whatever they want, and you reserve the right to cancel if you don't like it.
    Here is a link to the new brochures. It doesnt look good. The 24.99 unlimited internet is just that, internet, and no text messages. Mediaworks is 3MB internet. Depressing. I hope they dont stick it to those who ordered before this goes into effect.

http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...82#post4564182
    For those with Cingular plans, can you log into your account at Cingular.com and see ifyou have something called MEDIA WORKS - WIX on your list of features? I am assuming this means Wireless Internet Express. Who's with.... ahh, never mind.

I ordered one yesterday for my wife, and had to call today - the rep said the order "fell out" and gave no reason. She said she was opening a ticket to have someone finish the order. Perhaps delaying tactics untill the 11th, the reported date change of the MW plans?????? (suspense music in the background)

Muwhahahahahaha.
    Yeah thats MW-WIX Media Works-Wireless Internet Express. I just hope they don't stick me in the 3MB package. Cause that $150 fee for dropping my plan doesn't look so bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZBoater
    My plan name is NATP 2000RUMMUNW. I know its national 2000 minutes, but whats all those other letter? I checked online and I have the Media Works Package and something called Media Works - WIX.
    Nation wide 2000R = rollover, UMM = Unlimited Mobile to mobile, UNW = Unlimited Nights and weekends.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast