1.    #1  
    Tomtom just isnt going to work for me the software is to limited. I need a GPS that can search POI's in remote cities then map me to them thats how I do 90% of my navigation. Does mapolis do this ? Is there a good BT receiver/mapolis bundle ? Something else ? I'm not terribly concerned about price but functionality.
    look at delorme.com they hav BT ability I have the the Earthmate GPS Receiver w/ BT powerpack the only reason i did that over bluelogger is because i have had the wired receiver for my laptop since may just bought the add on for my 650 you can search POI w/ SA 2005 software by delorme. i belive you need the maps in your treo first though never tested it.
    Quote Originally Posted by riekl
    Tomtom just isnt going to work for me the software is to limited. I need a GPS that can search POI's in remote cities then map me to them thats how I do 90% of my navigation. Does mapolis do this ? Is there a good BT receiver/mapolis bundle ? Something else ? I'm not terribly concerned about price but functionality.
    Tomtom has limitations, but finding POI's in remote cities and then navigating to them is not one of them. I posted step by step instructions to do this in the "I have tomtom working on my 650" thread.

On further thought, I'm wondering if you mean the following: If you wanted to search for a Holiday Inn within 30 miles of Toledo, Ohio, tomtom can't do that specific search. You can choose Toledo on the map, choose find poi's, then hotels, and a list sorted by distance from destination would come up. Is that the limitation you're talking about?

As to gps bundles, I think semsons.com is a good bet. That's where I got mine. Also, gpspassion.com has good reviews.

Good luck!

Clue
    Also, on POIs, you can start typing what you're looking for (e.g., "Holiday") and it will limit the list to those items matching the string. Holiday Inn should show up very quickly, even if it's near the destination rather than the starting point.