Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    I'm still getting 'A reset was caused ... while running "Security" Fatal Exception'. But I guess that doesn't tell us a great deal.
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffreycross
    Rooster: Are you password locking your 650 with the built-in Security app? I'm wondering if there is some connection as I have disabled Security at the moment and it seems slightly more stable. On the other hand, it's only been 12 hours so far.
    I am not running the Security app. My problems seem to be related to problems connecting with the mail server.
    Marc - I'm seeing similar things. My new Cingular (locked) 650 has been locking up all morning. As long as Chatter is disabled I seem to be fine. All of my Chatter settings are unchanged since syncing from my Cingular 600. Running the current beta version of Chatter.

Dunc
    Man, this is frustrating. I've run Chatter on the Cingular ROMs in the Simulator without any problem, but that won't help if there are network issues.

Can you guys try turning off the "Alert Killer" and see if that makes a difference?

Marc
    Quote Originally Posted by mblank
    Can you guys try turning off the "Alert Killer" and see if that makes a difference?
    You're talking about the setting in preferences, right? I don't have that checked. In fact, I don't even know what it's for.
    rooster - Ok, thanks.

Marc
    I had the same unresonsive screen yesterday on my CDMA 650. It happened after Chatter lost it's Vision connection. It kept trying to reconnect and I eventually answered "No" to further connection attempts because I was in a building that was prevent network coverage. After that, I selected an application using HiLauncher with keys on the keyboard. I was trying to use iSilo and found the screen totally unresponsive to stylus input. I could navigate with the 5-way or other keys to launch other apps, etc. But the stylus wouldn't work on any application I selected. A soft reset fixed it, but very strange. Never occurred previously until I just installed Chatter and, as mentioned, started immediately after a loss of data connection.
    I'm also getting the freezes and lock ups. If I disable Chatter the 650 has been reset free. Also does anyone experience, "Error, please check your Sim card....(0XC7004)? I get this everytime I turn off the radio when Chatter is active. I've been using Cingular's Xpressmail, but would prefer to stay with Chatter. Marc, Please help!
    hengie - Is this v1.0 or v1.0.1?

Marc

p.s. There are no problems turning off the radio w/ Sprint T650 or TMO T600...
    QUESTION FOR ALL OF YOU?

Would you like to try an older version to see if it's any different? I've put 1.0b20.8 and 1.0b18.7 (both considered quite stable) in the Downloads directory.

Get them at:

http://www.chatteremail.com/Downloads/10b187.zip

http://www.chatteremail.com/Downloads/10b208.zip

Marc
    Quote Originally Posted by Hengie
    I'm also getting the freezes and lock ups. If I disable Chatter the 650 has been reset free. Also does anyone experience, "Error, please check your Sim card....(0XC7004)? I get this everytime I turn off the radio when Chatter is active. I've been using Cingular's Xpressmail, but would prefer to stay with Chatter. Marc, Please help!
    I get the same Sim card error when turning off the radio (but not everytime). Do you have a 32 or 64K SIM?
    Marc,

I've got the 64k Sim and Ver. 1.0. If I disable Chatter, but leave data connected it turns off the radio without the error otherwise I consistently get the error and freezes.
    Marc, Don't know if this will help any, but FYI:

I have also noticed increased sluggishness and battary usage recently, and in addition I've noticed that my notification tone is consistently clipped or not ringing at all when it should (I use the "triangle" tone, and I can tell when it's not ringing because I also have it set to vibrate; btw it used to get clipped short a portion of the time, but would usually sound a second time within a couple of seconds if it clipped on the first try). Also I've noticed that it will sometimes sound the "new message" notification when I haven't received any new messages--this has occurred when using Chatter, when using other apps and when sleeping, and I've made sure that it isn't just a "reminder" ring when it thinks I haven't checked since the last time.

Full disclosure, I have installed a couple of new apps over this same period, but none of them are apps that load on reset, that perform functions in the background or that use or interact with any alerts.

Sprint 650. BTW, *love* Chatter--already paid for Snappermail, another great client, but switched for the push.
    Last edited by markshelby; 02/10/2005 at 03:35 PM. Reason: Additional details
    --invention is the mother of necessity
    The clipping tone has always been there, when the Treo is asleep. If I had any f***ing tech support, I'd get it fixed.

There shouldn't be any sluggishness nor increased battery usage with recent versions. Maybe you can make me a log during a sluggish time and I'll see what's going on.

Marc
  15.    #35  
    I'm sad to report that I had a couple of resets yesterday. I'm still pretty convinced that this is Chatter-related as I have so far had no reboots when I remove Chatter.

I wonder if this might have something to do with it:

http://news.palmos.com/read/messages?id=183520

On a related note: I mentioned a while back that socket notifications might be helpful for battery life. What are you actually using? Do you hook into the sysNotifyIdleTimeEvent notification with a ProcAlarm whilst idle? I thought I'd write a little bit of code to compare the options and see if the crashing is related.
    geoffreycross - There's no memory leak that I'm aware of. There is a known SSL-related reset problem and an apparent Bluetooth problem. Crashing isn't related to notifications or alarms. Are you using SSL or Bluetooth?

Marc
  17.    #37  
    No SSL or Bluetooth here... the search continues.
    Marc - I'm posting this here as well as on your Chatter Forum.

I have a new GSM 650 (unlocked, Australia) and for the past 48 hours have been getting regular reboots (at least once every couple of hours). Using 1.0 of Chatter Email in "classic" mode. The reboots happen regardless of whether Chatter is running or disconnected.

Specs:
    Firmware: 01.14
    Software: 1.05-ROW
    Hardware: A

The 650 also drained it's battery overnight while just sitting there. So I've been looking around here for fixes. Here's what I've done:

- Downloaded dbScan - there were 2 corrupted entries - I have about 2000 entries (now fixed)
    - De-selected Local Time
    - Did a hard reset and then restored my data again
    - I have an SD Card that I put photos on
    - I use BT Hotsync with my Mac
    - I use BT File Transfer to move photos from Treo to Mac

I've removed Chatter and the 650 is more stable - will report more over night.

Is anyone having success with a GSM 650 and ChatterEmail 1.0?

Also, to answer your other question about what I see when typing #*377:
    HALRadioAcDc.c,
    Line:441, Host wake not asserted in time

I had no problems with Chatter on my Treo 600 FWIW.

What would you like me to do to help troubleshoot?
    Last edited by osxman; 02/12/2005 at 11:51 PM.
    osxman. I have been getting the same HALRadioAcDc.c,
    Line:441, Host wake not asserted in time. I thought I was alone with this error. My only 3rd party app is Chatter. I started using xpressmail, but also got lockups and freezes. I rather keep it simple and stay with Chatter if Marc can come to the rescue.
    Yep - me too - I love Chatter and it's the only 3rd party app on the Treo.
    For now to keep things "stock" I'm using Versamail and not having any lockups - but I'd rather use Chatter if it doesn't lockup and reset the phone.

Are you using Chatter with IM in "classic" mode?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast