1.    #1  
    Just wonder if the unlocked 650 will suffer the same problem...

I'm in Toronto and waiting for my UL order....I heard from other 650 users keep replacing their 650 due to the key button problems...some are even on their 4th 650...

As we're all waiting for few weeks to have it shipped, I don't want to use it for a week and have problem with the keys, send it back to US and wait for another weeks or month to have another unit ships back to me.....

S
    no?
    check out for any problem here
    http://www.spug.net/forumdisplay.php?f=29
    treo 650: on my hand nya nya nya!
  3.    #3  
    More because I'm from Canada....shipping 650 back to US for warranty repair costs a bit..and the UL 650 is supported by Cingular or palmone? As I don't have their local store...so I can only rely on their online service..

I just don't want to keep paying expensive shipping to return the 650 and wait for weeks couple times within a year.
    the UL? of course palmOne
  5.    #5  
    I mean unlocked for UL. I asked as it sold under Cingular via P1...so whether it's from P1 or from Cingular.

If it's a real unlocked one, that means Cingular will not do any modification to it and the ROM is the original untouched version from Palm right? So the software shouldn't be affected by carrier's customized code, but the only problem still exists are the known hardware problems...
    Quote Originally Posted by sonson
    I mean unlocked for UL. I asked as it sold under Cingular via P1...so whether it's from P1 or from Cingular.

If it's a real unlocked one, that means Cingular will not do any modification to it and the ROM is the original untouched version from Palm right? So the software shouldn't be affected by carrier's customized code, but the only problem still exists are the known hardware problems...

if you've browsed the forum, you'll know that cingular's t650 is locked
    unlocked p1 t650, which is priced between 599-699 *depend on your luck, when you actually bought it*, is supported by p1

about rom modification from cingular, trust me, its gonna be crap, just like the t600

here's the detail of p1 repair

http://www.palmone.com/us/support/co...formation.html
  7.    #7  
    Thx for the link...I had placed my order since last friday already...still having "Order Received" status..sigh...
    Quote Originally Posted by sonson
    Thx for the link...I had placed my order since last friday already...still having "Order Received" status..sigh...
    trust me, it will be backordered just like the rest of us.....
    the waiting game is a pain in the ***