Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 26
  1.    #1  
    I have been reading through the posts regarding Chatter vs SnapperMail. I have a question.

    Will I be able to set up multiple email accounts in Chatter?

    My mail servers are POP3 . . . is this OK. I am also on all mac systems.

    Waht does "Push" mean exactly?
  2. #2  
    jtdesigns - No, Chatter doesn't support POP3. However, it's not unlikely that your mail servers support IMAP (pretty much all IMAP servers support POP3, by the way). "Push" means that new mail is delivered without "polling" - the device is notified when new mail is received rather than having to regularly "ask".

    Marc
  3. #3  
    Chatter is great! I set up a fusemail.com account per another forum user's suggestion. This service frequently polls my Gmail account which is POP3 and pulls down new messages. Fusemail is IMAP so they arrive on my Treo almost instantly. I think the only limitation here is how often Fusemail checks your POP3 account. I upgraded to the basic but not free service and I get new mail on the Treo sometimes faster than the Gmail notifier on my desktop does! This will really be sweet if and when Gmail goes IMAP.
  4. #4  
    You can also try Aileron by Corsoft Corporation.

    You can download AileronS5.PRC from www.corsoft.com

    James
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by gillum
    Chatter is great! I set up a fusemail.com account per another forum user's suggestion. This service frequently polls my Gmail account which is POP3 and pulls down new messages. Fusemail is IMAP so they arrive on my Treo almost instantly. I think the only limitation here is how often Fusemail checks your POP3 account. I upgraded to the basic but not free service and I get new mail on the Treo sometimes faster than the Gmail notifier on my desktop does! This will really be sweet if and when Gmail goes IMAP.
    So you put the fusemail accountinfo into Chatteremail? And your regular email gets forwarded to fusemail? When you send mail, is it from fusemail or your regular email?

    Thanks
    Apple iPhone 8GB
    Apple 15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Ghz C2D
    Retired Treo 650
  6. #6  
    Through your regular email. Chatter lets you set up your normal SMTP profile for sending email, and you use fusemail.com or fastmail.fm to receive it free.

    I do it through fastmail and it is SWEET.
    1. HTC Touch Dual Neon 300, Stock Rom
    2. AT&T Tilt (Refurb) with DK.8 Rom (collecting dust)
  7. #7  
    what are the settings from fastmail that you put in Chatteremail?
    Apple iPhone 8GB
    Apple 15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Ghz C2D
    Retired Treo 650
  8. #8  
    IMAP server is mail.messagingengine.com

    Login name is your login name.

    Password is your password.

    Then you have your ISP forward mail to yourname@fastmail.fm
    1. HTC Touch Dual Neon 300, Stock Rom
    2. AT&T Tilt (Refurb) with DK.8 Rom (collecting dust)
  9. #9  
    Other suggestions...

    Have your ISP keep a copy of the mail in your Inbox....that way your desktop will still get all your mail.

    Also, I set up my SMTP profile to bcc a copy of all of my outgoing Chatter mail to my ISP address....that way I can sync up my SENT folder on my desktop by copying all emails from me to the Sent folder.
    1. HTC Touch Dual Neon 300, Stock Rom
    2. AT&T Tilt (Refurb) with DK.8 Rom (collecting dust)
  10. #10  
    Yup, I'm using Fastmail with my Gmail account and "push" email is FAST!! Very sweet.
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unlocked GSM Treo 650 | T-Mobile
    Received: 2/10/2005
  11. #11  
    Gillum: I think it works better to forward your mail from your gmail account to your fastmail acct. That way you get it when it hits the gmail server and then you're instantly notified on fastmail via chatter (plus you can pull a different POP account with fastmail.) Set up an SMTP profile with your gmail info and you're set. My .02.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

  12. #12  
    I am approaching the end of the 30 day trial with fusemail. It was confirmed by a fusemail employee that the paid accounts, like the $20 per year, checks POP accounts every minute or faster whereas their free account checks every 15 minutes. I guess if I used gmail forwarding, I could get by with the free account, right?
  13. amell's Avatar
    Posts
    205 Posts
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    #13  
    I'm using SnapperMail Enterprise to access my mail via IMAP. I'm very happy with it, but would love to have "push". Unfortunately, my email server does not support the IDLE command which is necessary for push. If I forward my mail to a fusemail or fastmail account (and leave copies on my destop client), then it appears that, although I would have push, I would lose the function of being able to delete my mail remotely from my home server, which I consider key. Am I missing something, or is this the tradeoff?
    thanks,
    amell
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by amell
    I'm using SnapperMail Enterprise to access my mail via IMAP. I'm very happy with it, but would love to have "push". Unfortunately, my email server does not support the IDLE command which is necessary for push. If I forward my mail to a fusemail or fastmail account (and leave copies on my destop client), then it appears that, although I would have push, I would lose the function of being able to delete my mail remotely from my home server, which I consider key. Am I missing something, or is this the tradeoff?
    thanks,
    amell

    You are correct. I have my email forwarded to a fastmail account, so I get it immediately (sometimes faster than my pc email client). With this setup you do, however, have to delete it in two places. I've found that its not actually that bad, and I receive 100+ emails per day. I have a lot of filters set up in fastmail to put mail into folders based on sender and subject - so any groups I might belong to end up in a folder that I don't have "live" in Chatter...this saves battery life and keeps the clutter down.
  15. #15  
    I am having a problem where my 650 locks up if I get Chatteremail and I don't click the (OK) button fast enough. Any ideas?
    Apple iPhone 8GB
    Apple 15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Ghz C2D
    Retired Treo 650
  16. #16  
    MacUser: Which 'OK' button are you talking about? I don't understand the circumstance.

    Marc
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by mblank
    MacUser: Which 'OK' button are you talking about? I don't understand the circumstance.

    Marc
    When I get a new email, I get a notification pop up on my Treo that says "Tap Rocker Center Button". It shows me the beginning of my email and has an <OK> button I can press to stop the notification. If I click the notification and scroll in the window and don't press <OK> soon afterwards, it freezes on me. If I let the notification continue till it's done, it disappears and the Treo is fine.
    Apple iPhone 8GB
    Apple 15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Ghz C2D
    Retired Treo 650
  18. #18  
    MacUser -

    Ok, this is fixed in the upcoming b13 (later today).

    Marc
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by mblank
    MacUser -

    Ok, this is fixed in the upcoming b13 (later today).

    Marc
    Thank you for your prompt response. As I am new to Chatteremail, do I update my Treo from the Chatteremail app on my Treo or do I go to your site to download a patch? Are there email announcements when you have patches to your client available?

    Thanks
    Apple iPhone 8GB
    Apple 15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Ghz C2D
    Retired Treo 650
  20. #20  
    The site has current information; there's also a newsletter you can sign up for (and thereby get news on the latest and greatest). Downloads are at the site at the moment.

    Marc
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions